PDA

View Full Version : Latest Hockey Buzz rumor has Zubrus staying in town

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-01-2007, 12:30 PM
12:08 RUMOURS: Oilers trying to pull of a trade that could set up the day...

12:18 Rumours of Kariya to Montreal

12:20 Thornton signs an extension in San Jose...Marleau on the block..."This could be a calling card to Drury. this was a concern for him."

12:34 RUMOUR:
Toivenen and Murray to Edmonton (e3)

12:50:Gomez between rangers and flyers...rumour

1:06 Rumour Z PARISE possibly getting offer sheet from Edm.

1:07 Rumour: Extension for Iginla 4 years

1:19 Rumor Zubrus back to buffalo

Nighthawk
07-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah, that will be our big change this offseason. Let me run out and spend thousands out some tickets.

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 12:59 PM
id like to have Zubrus back.. but it sure as hell aint gonna take much sting off.

carybillsfan
07-01-2007, 01:02 PM
He was the best player during the playoffs, don't know why we haven't signed him already

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 01:04 PM
ya know.

Maybe Grier was right about how this organization was run last year when he left for SJ for the same money buffalo offered him.

RockStar36
07-01-2007, 01:10 PM
ya know.

Maybe Grier was right about how this organization was run last year when he left for SJ for the same money buffalo offered him.

What did he say?

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 01:12 PM
What did he say?
he was openly critical of the way the Sabres front office does business, and basically predicted what's happening now was going to happen when he left last year.

RockStar36
07-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Hmmm...I never heard that.

I was under the impression that he chose San Jose because he wanted to live on the west coast.

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 01:20 PM
From Bucky Gleason's column today.

"Funny, but Grier could see what was coming. It’s why he hit the bricks last summer for the same money. He didn’t like the way Buffalo did business, so he left a good friend and teammate in Drury behind for the same money in San Jose. If the Sabres weren’t attractive enough to keep a third-line winger in Grier, they can forget about drawing other good players without — get this one — overpaying them."
========================================================
And I've heard similar comments and feelings from Grier several times. He didnt think the Sabres were committed to winning over the long term so he left despite no pay raise from a team he was important on that reached the conference finals.

That should tell you something right there. He left his buddy Drury and it WASNT for more money either.

Ebenezer
07-01-2007, 01:23 PM
I'll bet there was talk inside the organization that they were going to make one last run at the cup and then break it up.

RockStar36
07-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Well, I still haven't seen the direct quote from Grier but I'll go with it anyways.

How the hell can someone say this team and front office aren't committed to winning? That is the most ridiculous statement I've heard in a long long time.

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Well, I still haven't seen the direct quote from Grier but I'll go with it anyways.

How the hell can someone say this team and front office aren't committed to winning? That is the most ridiculous statement I've heard in a long long time.
Ask yourself the same question in about 8-10 hours

Dr. Lecter
07-01-2007, 01:28 PM
From Bucky Gleason's column today.

"Funny, but Grier could see what was coming. It’s why he hit the bricks last summer for the same money. He didn’t like the way Buffalo did business, so he left a good friend and teammate in Drury behind for the same money in San Jose. If the Sabres weren’t attractive enough to keep a third-line winger in Grier, they can forget about drawing other good players without — get this one — overpaying them."
========================================================
And I've heard similar comments and feelings from Grier several times. He didnt think the Sabres were committed to winning over the long term so he left despite no pay raise from a team he was important on that reached the conference finals.

That should tell you something right there. He left his buddy Drury and it WASNT for more money either.

Maybe it tells us that Grier was wrong. Fact is he could have been part of a Cup team last year as his play might have helped.

YardRat
07-01-2007, 01:34 PM
I've never heard talk like that attributed to Grier...everything I read or heard had to do with him playing out West closer to his family.