PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait to hear the excuses from the front office.

Nighthawk
07-01-2007, 12:40 PM
They honestly think that every fan is stupid and buys everything they say. No wonder that many players don't want to come here.

JD
07-01-2007, 12:43 PM
:(

Nighthawk
07-01-2007, 12:45 PM
:(

I know. The last 2 years were good, but Darcy's stupidity (and the entire organizations) has brought us back to reality...and it sucks!

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 12:58 PM
TRUST ME.

THey lose Briere and Drury both with those lowball offers-- you'll see some serious fan repercussion 2 seasons from now.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-01-2007, 01:01 PM
It will be the same line we have been hearing for the past how many years. You don't have to say "Can't wait to hear" because you already know what they are going to say.

Dr. Lecter
07-01-2007, 01:04 PM
TRUST ME.

THey lose Briere and Drury both with those lowball offers-- you'll see some serious fan repercussion 2 seasons from now.

Not if they do well next season.

The biggest mistake (and it was huge) was trying to re-sign both. They should have picked one and concentrated on that player.

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Not if they do well next season.

The biggest mistake (and it was huge) was trying to re-sign both. They should have picked one and concentrated on that player.
I agree.

They should've pinpointed Drury and Zubrus and locked them both up WEEKS ago before it got so close to FA that they'd be stupid to not see what else is out there.

I'd have let Briere walk.. I wouldnt pay him $7+ million per year. He's a VERY GOOD Player but he's not worth that kind of money.

I'm just hoping the team makes at least one impact signing after losing these two guys to show the season ticket buyers that they're serious about competiting for a cup.