PDA

View Full Version : what will make you happy

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 01:40 PM
As a fan, your resigned to the fact Drury and Briere are gone.

Given this team, the cap room and the needs. What can the Sabres do during this FA period that will make you feel comfortable that the team is totally committed to winning a Stanley Cup?

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 01:43 PM
I'd like to see us sign a SOLID 2nd line defensemen-- I think too much pressure was put on Tallinder, Lydman and Campbell and they got really weak (understandably) during the playoffs. Someone like Hannon would be nice.

And I'd like to see us sign a really good 2nd line center.. I HATE Derrick Roy at the center position and he currently looks like the 2nd best center outside of Connolly.

Lastly, I definitely want Zubrus back.

Philagape
07-01-2007, 01:45 PM
I'd like to see us sign a SOLID 2nd line defensemen-- I think too much pressure was put on Tallinder, Lydman and Campbell and they got really weak (understandably) during the playoffs. Someone like Hannon would be nice.

Cory Sarich

6-4 defensive defenseman

Hasn't missed a game in four straight seasons (wow)

Has his name on the Cup

Will be 29 this season

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 01:46 PM
We had him at one time. I cant remember whom he was dealt for, but it was to TB> i want to say Gratton.

Anyway, the 2nd line center (he'd be first here) would be Nylander. I'd LOVE to have him.. I'd feel a lot better about losing Breire.

Philagape
07-01-2007, 01:47 PM
We had him at one time. I cant remember whom he was dealt for, but it was to TB> i want to say Gratton.

yup

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Id like him back too.. Him, Nylander and Zubrus.

and I hope to god we find a trade partner and rid ourselves of either Kalinin and/or Spacek, as well as Kotalik.

TO me thats addition by subtraction right there.

Scumbag College
07-01-2007, 02:34 PM
I'd like to see them make a concerted effort to extend Vanek and Miller so we don't have to panic every couple of seasons about losing our best players.

After that, a solid defensemen or two (doesn't have to produce points, just sound and physical defensively) and maybe some size up front.