PDA

View Full Version : We still need a speed WR

Buffarama
03-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Will this come in the form of Jenkins (is he fast?), or a rookie in the draft? Somewhere along the line we need someone that can stretch the field.

Mr. Miyagi
03-17-2003, 03:51 PM
Reed is the speedster now. Shaw will probably mainly be on special teams. Yes we still need a 3rd WR but probably not a speedster. What we need is another big play guy like Marcus Robinson, like I said.

Romes
03-17-2003, 03:52 PM
I think Peerless's speed is over-rated. Not speed, it self, but the speed Peerless had. Moulds was just as good, if not better, at breaking the big one. Yet, people don't consider him to be a burner.

I don't see us having a problem stretching the field.

Doc
03-17-2003, 04:00 PM
The Bills don't NEED speed, but it would make them more dangerous. Yes Jenkins is fast. He reportedly runs in the 4.3s.

casdhf
03-17-2003, 04:10 PM
You guys don't think Eric Moulds is fast?

Tatonka
03-17-2003, 04:27 PM
um.. shaw is 6ft 180lbs.. i promise that he is fast.. a small slow guy doesnt make it in the nfl.

Dman
03-17-2003, 04:51 PM
I really think that there is three kinds of wide receiver speed, posession speed..get to a spot and wait for the ball...then run until you're tackled....
go get it speed...in which the qb throws the ball as far as he can..and the receiver runs it down...not many have that gift.
and then there is gidiup--getaway speed...I think that is what price, moulds, reed (both past and present have)...once they have the ball and a step..they seldom..or ever get caught.
Andre was never considered a "speed" receiver..but think back...how many times do you recall him getting caught from behing once he caught the ball in stride....sometimes you'd see a db closing....but never quite get there...it takes a GREAT burst of speed to catch someone at this level.
Of course..I could be wrong...:party:

Schobel94
03-17-2003, 06:39 PM
Shaw has "deceptive" speed. I think he will be our #3 and will do well. I am excited, plus Jenkins would cost a lot more money, he said around 3.5 million.

Cardinals | Jenkins To Hit Market - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
February 19, 2003 5:28:03 PT The Arizona Republic reports the Arizona Cardinals are unlikely to re-sign WR MarTay Jenkins before the start of free agency at the end of the month. Michael Bauer, Jenkins’ agent, met with the team last week and is believed to be seeking a contract in the range of the $3-million-a-year deal San Diego Chargers WR Tim Dwight signed last off-season. Dwight also received a $5 million signing bonus. The Cardinals don’t appear willing to give up that much money to Jenkins.

AndyC34
03-17-2003, 10:23 PM
look to the draft, dont forget all the good players TD has drafted. What if we pick up another talent like Reed in the 2nd or 3rd round?

Novacane
03-17-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Schobel94
Shaw has "deceptive" speed. I think he will be our #3 and will do well. I am excited, plus Jenkins would cost a lot more money, he said around 3.5 million.

Cardinals | Jenkins To Hit Market - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
February 19, 2003 5:28:03 PT The Arizona Republic reports the Arizona Cardinals are unlikely to re-sign WR MarTay Jenkins before the start of free agency at the end of the month. Michael Bauer, Jenkins’ agent, met with the team last week and is believed to be seeking a contract in the range of the $3-million-a-year deal San Diego Chargers WR Tim Dwight signed last off-season. Dwight also received a $5 million signing bonus. The Cardinals don’t appear willing to give up that much money to Jenkins.

Jenkins is smoking something if he thinks he is going to get 3.5 a year. Just because Butler was foolish does not mean other GM's will be.

Kevikid
03-17-2003, 11:10 PM
Meanwhile, Conway is in NY trying to convince the Jets that he's as good as Coles... I think all these guys are smoking something, wait, that's the NBA.

Alluro
03-18-2003, 12:53 AM
Marcus Robinson is still out there. I would still love to see M-Rob and Moulds line up out wide with Reed in the slot. Shaw is a great 4th WR and KR.

Lone Stranger
03-18-2003, 03:15 AM
Guys and gals, let's be practical here. The Bills do not have an unlimited supply of $. We need 3-4 million$ to sign our draft choices and there is still the Adams issue. We have to draw the line somewhere. Until the Adams issue is resolved we have to sit tight. And there's the Lindell signing, too

Earthquake Enyart
03-18-2003, 07:46 AM
I'm with cas. Moulds stretches the field. I think Shaw can too.

Buffarama
03-18-2003, 09:28 AM
Shaw is too slow. We need to replace Peerless with speed.

SoCalBillsFan
03-18-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by fmr60
Guys and gals, let's be practical here. The Bills do not have an unlimited supply of $. We need 3-4 million$ to sign our draft choices and there is still the Adams issue. We have to draw the line somewhere. Until the Adams issue is resolved we have to sit tight. And there's the Lindell signing, too

no way our rookies cost 4 million. Usually we only need 2-3 milllion or less to sign rookies I believe

HotRod
03-18-2003, 12:42 PM
The defense concerns me alot more than our offense. Even if our offense slids to "medicore" (which I don't think it will).... strong DEFENSES is what ultimately wins championships.

Buffarama
03-18-2003, 12:49 PM
My reasoning is strategic. We can't replace Price's talent with our limited resources, but we can try and replace it with speed at a bargain. I still say the Bills are not a fast team, though they are getting faster. We also need a fast HB to complement Henry. We've upgraded our LB's, maybe the DT with Adams, now a burner at safety would be nice.
Three speed upgrades need. HB, WR, DB.

lordofgun
03-18-2003, 01:10 PM
Moulds can spread the field like very few others.

Buffarama
03-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Moulds can spread the field like very few others.

I'm greedy! :help:

TedMock
03-18-2003, 04:32 PM
nothing wrong with a 3rd or 4th WR that goes downfield. nothing expensive, 30 catches, 19ypc season. Just to open it up for Henry. I'm also a believer in the "scat back".

BillsNYC
03-18-2003, 04:36 PM
HAVE FAITH IN TD!!!

justasportsfan
03-18-2003, 05:46 PM
The advantage Moulds has over most recievers is his strength and the fact that you can throw the ball up in the air and let him do the rest like a jump ball. This is where Flutie made his living. He wasn't accurate and had no arm but he would take his chances by throwing it up and more often than not, Moulds would come down with the ball.