PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Drury close to deal with Kings

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 02:54 PM
I just heard on AOL Radio, I think it was Sporting News Radio that Chris Drury is close to signing a contract with the LA Kings and is meeting with someone from their organization in PERSON at this moment to go over final contract details.

Dr. Lecter
07-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Ugh.

I hope he calls and gives them a chance to match, but I doubt he will.

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Im sure there may have been worse- my mind isnt thinking straight right now.

But this is easily turning into one of the darker off-season days in Buffalo Sports history. At least in the past several years for sure.

Ebenezer
07-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Ugh.

would you? they basically ignored him all year...

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Ugh.

I doubt it to. Us lowballing Briere with that poor non-raise offer was probably the last straw in Drury thinking we're trying to a win a Cup first and foremost.

Dr. Lecter
07-01-2007, 03:00 PM
I doubt it to. Us lowballing Briere with that poor non-raise offer was probably the last straw in Drury thinking we're trying to a win a Cup first and foremost.

Unfortantely trying to sign both led to that. If Drury actually thought about it, he would see that.

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 03:00 PM
I meant for the SAbres.

Ebenezer
07-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Why? Some us still don't hate the Bils off-season.

And the offseason is not over.
it's a dark day Dr.

Philagape
07-01-2007, 03:01 PM
BLACK SUNDAY

Dr. Lecter
07-01-2007, 03:02 PM
it's a dark day Dr.

I don't disagree.

But hardly a shock. And with what money is being thrown out there, future offseason will be scary for teams.

Dr. Lecter
07-01-2007, 03:03 PM
I meant for the SAbres.

I figured that afterwards and deleted the post......

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 03:06 PM
IF ONE GOOD THING comes out of this.

Maybe in future years our idiot front office wil reconsider their no extending talks during the season stance.. That's just STUPID.

Ebenezer
07-01-2007, 03:08 PM
I think they have a maximum they are going to pay any player...probably $5mil. This year it is DB and CD...in two years it will be Ryan Miller.

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Nothing is official yet so maybe we'll get a miracle and he comes back to Buffalo.

Drury and Zubrus would be great to have back.. we are still a contender with them.

jamze132
07-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Putting in a realistic perspective...

These two guys were 2 of the top FAs out there and were going to command a lot of attention. Everyone should have known as soon as the season ended, they weren't going to re-sign until they at least had the ooportunity to test the waters of freer agency. with the success tha Sabres have had the last couple of years, their salaries are going to be boosted and it's hard to envision a scenario where be get both of them back.

I have stated before that I beleive Drury is more valuable to this organization that Breire. Let Briere go get his millions in Philly... Just anti up for Drury.

PUCKER
07-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Son of a...:mad:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-01-2007, 04:03 PM
so I guess the Kings official website didn't mess up after-all

if you don't know what I'm talking about last Monday the LA Kings website had Drury's picture posted on their website under players but he wasn't listed on the roster and the Kings said that it was an error on their part.

Dr. Lecter
07-01-2007, 04:08 PM
so I guess the Kings official website didn't mess up after-all

if you don't know what I'm talking about last Monday the LA Kings website had Drury's picture posted on their website under players but he wasn't listed on the roster and the Kings said that it was an error on their part.

It is an error in the database with NHL players. There similar things last year. Basically you could take any player and put him on any team.

This also happened last year, so it was not a Kings issue.

tampabay25690
07-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Ugh.

YOU are kidding right!!!!

I can just imagine how much $$$$. I think he was already set on leaving anyway, but YEA u never know..

SabreEleven
07-01-2007, 04:56 PM
So basically from now on Sabres develop players into good players until they are good enough to go to other teams to get paid. We are a farm team for the rest of the NHL. Vanek will be next year after they sign him to a one year contract this year and Miller the next. :mad:

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 05:15 PM
So basically from now on Sabres develop players into good players until they are good enough to go to other teams to get paid. We are a farm team for the rest of the NHL. Vanek will be next year after they sign him to a one year contract this year and Miller the next. :mad:
I fear thats what is going to happen with the Bills too.

Its only going to get WORSE as salaries and cap amounts go UP