PDA

View Full Version : Dang the Philly ad team works fast

G Wolly
07-01-2007, 08:41 PM
http://cdn.nhl.com/flyers/images/upload/2007/07/Briere%20Ad.jpg

Under 12 hours from signing Briere he's already in an ad with the URL of the ad containing "Briere Ad"

Nighthawk
07-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Briere, but that much money is going to come back and haunt them. He's not an elite player, a nice player, yes...but not an elite player.

G Wolly
07-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Briere, but that much money is going to come back and haunt them. He's not an elite player, a nice player, yes...but not an elite player.

Which is why he wasnt worth resigning. He hardly showed his 5 million-dollar gameplay when we needed him in the playoffs.

OpIv37
07-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Which is why he wasnt worth resigning. He hardly showed his 5 million-dollar gameplay when we needed him in the playoffs.

jesus- this is the same argument I had in the BZ 1000 times- if a player isn't getting the job done or isn't worth the money, fine- don't pay him. BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO REPLACE HIM.

There's a reason the guys on the bench or the 3rd line or the 4th line aren't higher up on the depth chart.

If it were just Drury or just Briere, I could maybe see us getting by, but now we have to replace BOTH captains when the top tier FA's are already dropping like flies. There are a few guys out there, but no one on their talent level and definitely no two players left who can equal the combination of Drury and Briere.

kgun12
07-01-2007, 11:06 PM
http://cdn.nhl.com/flyers/images/upload/2007/07/Briere%20Ad.jpg

Under 12 hours from signing Briere he's already in an ad with the URL of the ad containing "Briere Ad"

I have a friend that is a HUGE Philly fan and has some ties to the sports world, and he said back in January that Briere was going to be a Flyer. I said no way. He already called to find out when I was going to pay up.

G Wolly
07-01-2007, 11:53 PM
I have a friend that is a HUGE Philly fan and has some ties to the sports world, and he said back in January that Briere was going to be a Flyer. I said no way. He already called to find out when I was going to pay up.

I said the same thing around the same time as your friend, I'm just waiting to hear what people have to say now.

kgun12
07-02-2007, 12:00 AM
I said the same thing around the same time as your friend, I'm just waiting to hear what people have to say now.

It's amazing people are surprised he left.

kgun12
07-02-2007, 10:55 PM

Just to let everyone know I paid off my debt tonight. A case of Sam Adams!