PDA

View Full Version : I'm so distraught right now that..

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 09:40 PM
For the first time in ages i cant even put it into words.

I never in a million years thought we'd let our two best players walk away. I figured on one being gone, but not both... I just DO NOT see the logic and I don't see how this isnt a direct slap to the money-spending Sabres fan.

This is one of the most discraceful off-season days in the history of Buffalo Sports. We were not pressed against the Salary Cap to make these decisions, and with a practical waiting list for Season tix next season already, there is no way Golisano had to be worried about a dip in attendance revenue.

Darcy Regier is an ignorant, cocky peice of **** and these guys leaving are both directly on HIM and the equally arrogant Larry Quinn. As much credit as I've given REgier for pulling off steal trades for Drury and Briere and some other great personnel moves-- when it comes to his contract and negotiating policies he's a total ****ing worm.

I dont even have to talk about Briere anymore, because even the casual fan knows Regier dropped the ball by not accepting Briere's offer last year. But to not resign Drury IMMEDIATELY after the season is a pure and utter discrace.

THis is 30x worse than the Bills losing Clements, Spikes or anyone else. With the Bills, they're not "winners' so you can make a reasonable point saying we didnt win with them, why pay them and lets start over.

But that's NOT the case with the Sabres team. This is a team that was in the conference finals back to back. this is, or should I say.. WAS a "we can win now team"

I guess its just the way it is when your a fan of Buffalo teams. Great players, HORRIBLE general managers and owners all the way around.. ****ing sick.

chernobylwraiths
07-01-2007, 09:47 PM
I couldn't read it all.

After what I am reading and hearing, I wonder if Rick J will retire too. That would just put a dagger in my heart.

patmoran2006
07-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Unless Briere is lying, he said that from the time the season was over that he didnt receive a single phone call from the Sabres for over SIX WEEKS.

Six Weeks.. You're telling me that your co-captain, arguably your most talented player. You're leading scorer.. one of the biggest "faces" of the franchise.. the All-star game MVP.

isn't worth a ****ing PHONE CALL for six weeks after the season?

Dr. Lecter
07-01-2007, 10:04 PM
I heard that too.

Quin supposedly said a healthy Connolly affected how much they offerred Briere.
Now if he stays healthy......

Stoneludlow
07-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Listening to GR-55 a little bit ago one fan was complaining that it seems like the other players in the league are using Buffalo as a stepping stone for a better future.

It reminds me of my favorite MLB team, the Pirates, and how they seemto be like a AAAA league team for the likes of the Yankees and the Bosox.

This was a team that looked to be on te verge of being similar to the Bills teams ofthe early 1990's--in other words a DYNASTY, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the 2007-2008 season plays out to determine if the Sabres are the real deal or has beens.

tampabay25690
07-01-2007, 10:11 PM
These GUYS wern't going to sign here at all.........

After the season was over both of these GUYS were already Gone from Buffalo PLAIN and SIMPLE!!!!!

OpIv37
07-01-2007, 10:20 PM
If Drury didn't want to resign, I can't fault Reiger for that- but if it's true that he didn't even attempt, well, damn- there's just no excuse.

As far as Briere, it seems like there was ample opportunity to lock him up sooner and he failed.

I wasn't impressed with Briere's playoff performance but the fact remains that the team has yet to even suggest some type of viable alternative. I like Zubrus and Connolly but they're no substitute for Drury and Briere (and we don't even have Zubrus locked up yet- thanks again, Darcy).

Philagape
07-01-2007, 10:22 PM
These GUYS wern't going to sign here at all.........

After the season was over both of these GUYS were already Gone from Buffalo PLAIN and SIMPLE!!!!!

No, the SABRES weren't going to sign THEM. They had their chance and pissed it away

Mitchy moo
07-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Briere sleepwalked through the playoffs to stay healthy for today, that's why he is A-hole.

Drury, well he just left.

Dr. Lecter
07-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Briere sleepwalked through the playoffs to stay healthy for today, that's why he is A-hole.

Drury, well he just left.

He did not sleepwalk. Look at the numbers.

BlackMetalNinja
07-02-2007, 07:46 AM
He did not sleepwalk. Look at the numbers.

He sleptwalk by leading the team in scoring huh?