PDA

View Full Version : 32 Questions: Buffalo Bills

Pinkerton Security
07-02-2007, 07:48 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=32qbuf

Quarterback
Whither Losman? He's been a fantasy punch line for most of his 29 NFL games, perhaps because the Bills reached badly in the draft to get him back in '04 (they traded away a future first-rounder to Dallas). Well, then there are also the silly media comments and his hair-on-fire field demeanor. The truth is, Losman did calm down a little in the final seven games of '06, throwing 12 TDs and eight INTs compared to 15 TDs and 15 INTs in his career before that point. He also averaged 7.1 yards per attempt last year, meaning he did throw downfield (mostly to Evans) on occasion. You'll hear many a clever fantasy wag outthink himself or herself this summer, and tell you Losman's got the potential to be a breakout player. Don't believe it. I'm not buying the o-line, Jauron is still a painfully run-first play caller, Losman doesn't have a ton of viable receiving weapons, and I just don't trust him. By the way, deep down, neither does Buffalo: They drafted Stanford's Trent Edwards (javascript:newWin('http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/fantasy?statsId=8346')) in the third round this spring. Maybe Losman is the last bye-week QB in a 12-team league, but that's it.

This guy is just a dick. Check out what he said about Losman in the beginning of the article:

" J.P. Losman (javascript:newWin('http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/fantasy?statsId=6781')), who threw for 19 TDs and more than 3,000 yards in '06, can prove the second half of last season wasn't a fluke, he'll be a viable bye-week fill-in."

Go to hell dude. Either he is a pretty good player who isnt quite good enough to be your starter in fantasy, or he sucks and is gonna be replaced by Trent Edwads because he sucks so much. You can;t have it both ways.

I pretty much lost all interest in reading this when I read this little snippet:

"Given that the A-Train and even third-down man Shaud Williams (javascript:newWin('http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/fantasy?statsId=7034')) will take away some carries, Lynch is only "start-able" as a No. 2 running back in 12- or maybe even 16-team leagues."

Shuad??? He had 2 carries last year. Two. If that is honestly what this guy thinks is "taking away some carries", he should do some more research.

BlackMetalNinja
07-02-2007, 07:53 AM
While I think that is overly harsh criticism, JP is better than the 24th QB in the league... I will say that he isn't exactly the greatest in fantasy football terms. He hasn't put up big numbers very consistently. Though I really do believe that is set to change this season.

Wys Guy
07-02-2007, 08:27 AM
"F this guy", eh.

LOL

Keep in mind fellas that this is a fantasy review, not a team review.

I thought it was pretty fair.

As to the OL, the only people thinking that Langston Walking is much more than a poor to sub-mediocre player are message board fans on Bills sites, ... yes, really.

I would rate Evans higher than a top-20 WR, and as I've written expect him to be a clear top-5 contender by season's end, but it still has to happen and if teams do double cover him and Losman struggles, then his circumstances could prevent that. I doubt it however as we'll be throwing a lot against prevents to counter that late in games.

As to Losman, come on now, he posted decent (not great) fantasy numbers in maybe four games last season. Who would select him as anything other than a backup? You guys maybe, but no one outside of Buffalo.

Price is a bust, Parrish has only proven the inevitable, that you can't weigh 160-something and do much in the NFL, and Reed just doesn't fit Losman's strengths, namely the short or OTM game. Evans had to adjust massively, watch the game tapes of his TDs and other passes caught, to many Losman throws really testifying as to how good he was, not so much Losman.

JP really needs to find his short game this season or there will be scant if any improvement for us.

Lynch likely won't outshine McG's season last year in his first year. If a team rushing was used then the Bills might rank average or so. Might, as we'll see what really happens. The hesitation there is that we may not be able to run the ball much in the 2nd halves of games this year.

Not one of our TEs on the roster has ever even posted one average receiving season in the NFL. Not one. So while "it's possible," the odds for a team that hasn't shown that they even want to use TEs in their passing game, are not good that one will emerge as such when it's likely that the opportunities won't arise.

FFL is different than the real game. Troy Aikman was not a good FFL QB, but he was a good (not great) game QB.

Losman lived off of a bunch of deep throws last year. That's just not a good thing to have as the sole strength of your offense argue against that point as some of you guys may. It just isn't.

Any good team wants a solid, grind-it-out rushing game, and a passing game that includes at least a good and solid short-medium game. We had neither last year and until Losman finds one, or until Lynch provides something more than what McGahee did, we don't have it. Both, or one or the other may in fact happen this season, but I'm not sure that it's a wise bet b/c Losman's short game was well below average, and improvment there may still mean only to average or so. While Lynch has hopes, how much can be expected behind our line as a rookie?

BlackMetalNinja
07-02-2007, 08:31 AM
"F this guy", eh.

LOL

As to the OL, the only people thinking that Langston Walking is much more than a poor to sub-mediocre player are message board fans on Bills sites, ... yes, really.

I would rate Evans higher than a top-20 WR, and as I've written expect him to be a clear top-5 contender by season's end, but it still has to happen and if teams do double cover him and Losman struggles, then his circumstances could prevent that. I doubt it however as we'll be throwing a lot against prevents to counter that late in games.

As to Losman, come on now, he posted decent (not great) fantasy numbers in maybe four games last season. Who would select him as anything other than a backup? You guys maybe, but no one outside of Buffalo.

Price is a bust, Parrish has only proven the inevitable, that you can't weigh 160-something and do much in the NFL, and Reed just doesn't fit Losman's strengths, namely the short or OTM game. Evans had to adjust massively, watch the game tapes of his TDs and other passes caught, to many Losman throws really testifying as to how good he was, not so much Losman.

JP really needs to find his short game this season or there will be scant if any improvement for us.

Lynch likely won't outshine McG's season last year in his first year. If a team rushing was used then the Bills might rank average or so. Might, as we'll see what really happens. The hesitation there is that we may not be able to run the ball much in the 2nd halves of games this year.

Not one of our TEs on the roster has ever even posted one average receiving season in the NFL. Not one. So while "it's possible," the odds for a team that hasn't shown that they even want to use TEs in their passing game, are not good that one will emerge as such when it's likely that the opportunities won't arise.

FFL is different than the real game. Troy Aikman was not a good FFL QB, but he was a good (not great) game QB.

Losman lived off of a bunch of deep throws last year. That's just not a good thing to have as the sole strength of your offense argue against that point as some of you guys may. It just isn't.

Any good team wants a solid, grind-it-out rushing game, and a passing game that includes at least a good and solid short-medium game. We had neither last year and until Losman finds one, or until Lynch provides something more than what McGahee did, we don't have it. Both, or one or the other may in fact happen this season, but I'm not sure that it's a wise bet b/c Losman's short game was well below average, and improvment there may still mean only to average or so. While Lynch has hopes, how much can be expected behind our line as a rookie?

That's pretty much what I said huh? In terms of Fantasy Football, he's not the greatest to have. I certainly wouldn't pick him as my primary starter. But I still think he's going to climb up a lot of charts this season for next year's fantasy football drafts...

Generalissimus Gibby
07-02-2007, 08:49 AM
I could care less about fantasy football. On the field I know we have improved by 3 games this year. Fact will be far more successful than fantasy. Lynch will get more yards and a higher YPC than faggit McNugget because he has a better work ethic. JP will show improvement and if the LB core is better than last year and McCargo steps it up we are going to **** all over the media and it will be fun. If we are in the playoffs by december ESPN will be saying how they had an easy schedule, how the Pats simply were having an off year, how the Bills have no chance in the playoffs.

Pinkerton Security
07-02-2007, 08:50 AM
"F this guy", eh.

LOL

I thought it was pretty fair. I never said it wasnt a fair review.

As to the OL, the only people thinking that Langston Walking is much more than a poor to sub-mediocre player are message board fans on Bills sites, ... yes, really. Langston Walker sucks. I know that. He wont be starting by seasons end and i see him as a huge (in both ways) waste of money.

As to Losman, come on now, he posted decent (not great) fantasy numbers in maybe four games last season. Who would select him as anything other than a backup? You guys maybe, but no one outside of Buffalo. Point out to me where I said that Losman should be dratfed by everyone...at all. I agree that he is a backup fantasy QB.

Price is a bust, Parrish has only proven the inevitable, that you can't weigh 160-something and do much in the NFL, and Reed just doesn't fit Losman's strengths, namely the short or OTM game. Evans had to adjust massively, watch the game tapes of his TDs and other passes caught, to many Losman throws really testifying as to how good he was, not so much Losman. Thanks for re-iterating what the article stated.

Lynch likely won't outshine McG's season last year in his first year. If a team rushing was used then the Bills might rank average or so. Might, as we'll see what really happens. The hesitation there is that we may not be able to run the ball much in the 2nd halves of games this year. I never said Lynch was going to be a fantasy star. I said the author was a joke for thinking that Shaud Williams, who had 2 carries last year, is going to take carries away from Lynch and/or A-Train.

mikemac2001
07-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Talk about being the biggest douche in the universe

justasportsfan
07-02-2007, 10:28 AM
"

If you take away JP's deepest throws both he and Lee are below average :puke:

Saratoga Slim
07-02-2007, 11:35 AM
If you take away JP's deepest throws both he and Lee are below average :puke:

if you take away the turbocharger on my car, it is below average. but it has a turbocharger.

Saratoga Slim
07-02-2007, 11:42 AM
"F this guy", eh.

LOL

I can't really disagree with most of the above, to the extent that you're arguing that we have limited fantasy value on our team. I won't draft JP for my fantasy teams. maybe pick him up off the free agent wire, but whether or not we're excited about his development in the real game, he's not a dependable fantasy guy at the moment. Lynch I'd draft, but probably only as a 3rd RB until he works his way into the system

TacklingDummy
07-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Obvioulsy this guy is not a Bills fan. He's just an realistic onlooker. Most people outside of Bills fans have that opinion of JP.

YardRat
07-03-2007, 06:54 PM
I could give two ****s about anybody's fantasy perspective.

I only care about W's.

Meathead
07-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Talk about being the biggest douche in the universe
lecter hasnt even posted in this thread

TigerJ
07-03-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm not into fantasy, so I don't much care what the guy says. I read it out of curiousity. It appears he's just very conservative. When Losman proves with a full season that he can be a productive QB, this guy will probably recommend to his readers that he be drafted. Along with that, the rebuilt line, receiving corps, and Lynch will all have to prove themselves. If you approach fantasy football that way, you may miss up and comers. You'll still be vulnerable to taking established players who for whatever reason have down years. It may be a safer way to go. It seems to me that for someone who wants to win his/her fantasy league, they might want to occasionally be aggressive rather than always choose the safe route. The safe route would seem to me to be the route to average. But then I don't do fantasy.

snow1989
07-06-2007, 06:49 PM
I must be in the wrong thread...my fantasy involves a hot brunette, or a blonde...or maybe even a redhead :list:

HAMMER
07-07-2007, 10:03 AM
That's pretty much what I said huh? In terms of Fantasy Football, he's not the greatest to have. I certainly wouldn't pick him as my primary starter. But I still think he's going to climb up a lot of charts this season for next year's fantasy football drafts...

Yes, but it didn't take you a long winded, self indulgent diatribe to get there.