PDA

View Full Version : Here is a little blurb to help you all feel a little better

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Then we have Buffalo, who's fans stewed, squirmed and groaned when they saw the typical Darcy Regier lowballing create two men ready to cash in elsewhere. Buffalo, unlike LI and LA, will land on their feet. Their system is strong and they have good players still in-house. They might not be as mighty as they once were, but with solid goaltending and an almost assured focus on signing RFA Vanek now, plus plays for depth like Zubrus might assure themselves another run. They still need some help because losing two star centers is a huge loss, but Buffalo will plug along cheaply and solidly.

BD Gallof
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8397

BlackMetalNinja
07-02-2007, 07:59 AM
Then we have Buffalo, who's fans stewed, squirmed and groaned when they saw the typical Darcy Regier lowballing create two men ready to cash in elsewhere. Buffalo, unlike LI and LA, will land on their feet. Their system is strong and they have good players still in-house. They might not be as mighty as they once were, but with solid goaltending and an almost assured focus on signing RFA Vanek now, plus plays for depth like Zubrus might assure themselves another run. They still need some help because losing two star centers is a huge loss, but Buffalo will plug along cheaply and solidly.

BD Gallof
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8397

That pretty much sums up my take on the situation. I'm bummed we lost them both, but I know we have the talent to stay near the top of the league. I'd like a little more help to assure that we stay there though. The Rochester kids are hungry and we've seen that, they're going to want to take advantage of an opportunity to stay in the NHL now.

Typ0
07-02-2007, 08:08 AM
I'll take Connelly over Briere anyway...but timmy has to be on the damn ice!

Ebenezer
07-02-2007, 02:46 PM
if they stand pat they will not make the playoffs next year unless Miller has a sub 2.00 GAA.

shelby
07-02-2007, 02:49 PM
i hope Zubs stays. At least he's willing to hit people.

don137
07-02-2007, 03:01 PM
if they stand pat they will not make the playoffs next year unless Miller has a sub 2.00 GAA.

They have too much cap money to stand pat. Plus they know the fans would revolt if they stood pat.
IMO, they are still a playoff team if Connolly and other key plsyers stay healthy.