X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

I don't really care about losing Drury or Briere

I think if this were about 5 years ago I would have been right there with you all Freaking out and predicting doom. I just can't get like that anymore. I really don't care. The team will be fine.
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: I don't really care about losing Drury or Briere

I'm exactly the same way.

The only thing that bugs me is where they went.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
      I'm exactly the same way.

The only thing that bugs me is where they went.
      I don't even care about that.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
        • May 2005

I'm going to call you Apathetic Thurm from now on

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

if you really think the team will be fine after losing both their captains, you're insane.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

I could see them leaving and it doesn't bother me so much either...but the way it was handled does bother me and now I'm worried that Vanek is out there making phone calls trying to get out of town.

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

Not to sound bitter or anything but I really hope Briere fails in Philly and they continue to blow like last year.

D & S Sports

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Define fine.... They will absolutly make the playoffs this year. That is a guarantee.

Why cry like *****es? It just looks bad.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                  Not to sound bitter or anything but I really hope Briere fails in Philly and they continue to blow like last year.
                  Honestly I am not really all that mad at little Danny. The sabres obviously didn't want him at all and he got a great contract in Philly. How can you blame him. The flyers having Briere and Biron are making it harder for me to be mad.

For some reason I am really rooting much harder for Drury to fail. It seems like he was much less responsive to re signing here.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                    I could see them leaving and it doesn't bother me so much either...but the way it was handled does bother me and now I'm worried that Vanek is out there making phone calls trying to get out of town.
                    See this is where I feel people are too naive. Whoever offers these guys the most money is where they are going to go. They could care less if there was no one left or if they were going to the worst team in the league. If someone offers Vanek a big deal and we match it he stays. It is that simple.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      if you really think the team will be fine after losing both their captains, you're insane.
                      If anybody really thought you wouldn't see this in the worst terms possible, they'd be insane...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                        If anybody really thought you wouldn't see this in the worst terms possible, they'd be insane...
                        I guess I can't blame him for being upset but why bother.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          See this is where I feel people are too naive. Whoever offers these guys the most money is where they are going to go. They could care less if there was no one left or if they were going to the worst team in the league. If someone offers Vanek a big deal and we match it he stays. It is that simple.
                          it's not that simple thurm. In the sports business you are dealing with people with huge egos. You want them to have huge egos. Once a professional sports player becomes a veteran you have to treat them with a great deal of respect or else every single player in the league knows and doesn't trust you. That is where our team is at...the players aren't going to trust them. So when DB comes out in public and says the sabres ***** slapped him every player in the league heard that...and these guys are like a coallition how they stick together. There is no way this bodes well for our current locker room and it was all semantics in the way it was handled that would have changed that. It just adds resonance to the situation with PECA yet again...with Peca saying he deserved the $$$ for all the players in the league and Darcy yelling about how he's not going to be held hostage by a player and he's taking one for the league. Well guess what...when it comes right down to it it's the players that make the league work and this kind of stuff sure makes bflo look like a **** hole.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                            you know, obviously we weren't happy with the way things went in the playoffs, but I think we just threw the proverbial baby out with the bathwater- this team was 5 wins from the Cup in 2006 and 7 wins from the Cup this year- there is no need to tear down and start over. But that's what's happening.

I just don't know how anyone can justify the way this went down.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              I guess I can't blame him for being upset but why bother.
                              Yes, I just don't understand those that are directing their anger at Drury or Briere themselves, and those that are acting like it's some sort of huge surprise that we didn't sign either of them. It became more and more apparant that this is how it was going to go down for the past few weeks.

Oh well, done and over now, gotta move on whether you like it or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X