PDA

View Full Version : Darcy to meet the media today

Dr. Lecter
07-02-2007, 09:08 AM
According to the Buffalo News Darcy will meet with the media today. Questions to be asked:

1. Will the Sabres change the policy of not extending deals during the season after losing both players and the current state of the NHL and free agency?
2. Larry Quinn stated that Chris Drury never made a counter proposal. Was there follow up on the Sabres end to see why not? Why didn't you make a second offer once Briere turned down his?
3. Was there thought to making a second offer to Briere after Drury did not respond?
4. Will the Sabres aggresively pursue other FA's now that they have the money to spend?
5. Are you going to have talks with Thomas Vanek and try to get a long term deal done with him?
6. Will you try to extend the deals of other players on the roster (i.e. Miller) now to avoid problems in the future?
7. Why did the Sabres even offer Briere a deal they should have known he would reject? Do you feel the time, effort and money would have been better spent focusing on Drury?
7. What will the team do to prevent losing guys like Briere and Drury again?
8. Who will fill the leadership role on this team with losing the two top leaders? Does this make re-signing Teppo more of a priority?
9.Are the Sabres intersted in Kevyn Adams?
10. What do you say to the fans that feel as if this team does not have the needed commitment?
11. Why did it take so long to make initial offers to both men? Isn't 6 weeks excessive?

Losing both really sucks and will hurt. They should have started focusing on one of the two guys right away. If they could not get the one signed (likely Drury) they would have had time to move onto the other.

I want to see what Darcy says and what the media asks.

Meathead
07-02-2007, 09:12 AM
good questions

BlackMetalNinja
07-02-2007, 09:12 AM
According to the Buffalo News Darcy will meet with the media today. Questions to be asked:

1. Will the Sabres change the policy of not extending deals during the season after losing both players and the current state of the NHL and free agency?
2. Larry Quinn stated that Chris Drury never made a counter proposal. Was there follow up on the Sabres end to see why not? Why didn't you make a second offer once Briere turned down his?
3. Was there thought to making a second offer to Briere after Drury did not respond?
4. Will the Sabres aggresively pursue other FA's now that they have the money to spend?
5. Are you going to have talks with Thomas Vanek and try to get a long term deal done with him?
6. Will you try to extend the deals of other players on the roster (i.e. Miller) now to avoid problems in the future?
7. Why did the Sabres even offer Briere a deal they should have known he would reject? Do you feel the time, effort and money would have been better spent focusing on Drury?
8. Who will fill the leadership role on this team with losing the two top leaders? Does this make re-signing Teppo more of a priority?
10. What do you say to the fans that feel as if this team does not have the needed commitment?
11. Why did it take so long to make initial offers to both men? Isn't 6 weeks excessive?

Losing both really sucks and will hurt. They should have started focusing on one of the two guys right away. If they could not get the one signed (likely Drury) they would have had time to move onto the other.

I think most of those questions will be asked... as for the answers, no clue on that one.

Dude
07-02-2007, 09:21 AM
The actions of the Sabres' FO spoke louder than anything coming out of a presser.

clumping platelets
07-02-2007, 10:01 AM
The answer to each question

:blah:

patmoran2006
07-02-2007, 10:01 AM

These are good questions. Are they your questions?

Regardless, don't count on Darcy "the Spinner" Regier answering them directly.

chernobylwraiths
07-02-2007, 11:28 AM
fiscal responsibility

that will be the main focus of the PC IMO.

They will stress that they were not going to get into a bidding war with anyone, that everyone can be replaced. They will probably say that they had discussions with each other and that the numbers they came up with were the numbers that they felt they could afford and was market value for the players.

What I hope for from the PC? Darcy and Larry's resignation.

Dr. Lecter
07-02-2007, 12:21 PM
These are good questions. Are they your questions?

Regardless, don't count on Darcy "the Spinner" Regier answering them directly.

I made them all up by myself!

I am big boy now!

Ebenezer
07-02-2007, 02:51 PM
fiscal responsibility

that will be the main focus of the PC IMO.

They will stress that they were not going to get into a bidding war with anyone, that everyone can be replaced. They will probably say that they had discussions with each other and that the numbers they came up with were the numbers that they felt they could afford and was market value for the players.

What I hope for from the PC? Darcy and Larry's resignation.
they were not fired, therefore they have TG's blessing.