PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I don't get...

hammerbillsfan
07-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Yeah you lose Drury and Briere on the 1st day of free agency BUT you don't sign anyone at the same time??? No players, high-end or middle of the road.

Sure there are still a few players out there but now the Sabres are scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Regier must have been on vacation yesterday.

BlackMetalNinja
07-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Yeah you lose Drury and Briere on the 1st day of free agency BUT you don't sign anyone at the same time??? No players, high-end or middle of the road.

Sure there are still a few players out there but now the Sabres are scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Reiger must have been on vacation yesterday.

Yeah, that was my biggest gripe too. Fine if we can't/don't sign them back yesterday, that doesn't mean we have to sit back and watch allllllll the Free Agents dissapear in the meantime without doing anything.

patmoran2006
07-02-2007, 11:52 AM

Reiger must have been on vacation yesterday.
Exactly.

I feared but also realistically envisioned losing both Briere and Drury.. But in my wildest dreams I never thought we wouldn't have taken at least one impact player off the market if not two.

Nylander and Hannan would've been two great pickups to help offset the loss, yes they were costly but nowhere near the Briere/Drury money.

carybillsfan
07-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Maybe they should held off the news of Adam Mair resigning until yesterday.

patmoran2006
07-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Dont worry.. It will be all be good once we ink BRAD MAY

carybillsfan
07-02-2007, 12:24 PM
A buddy of mine lives a few houses down from Paul Cyr in BC. I heard he could be had for the right price, he's only 43.

Dude
07-02-2007, 12:50 PM
The Sabres have become the Cincinnati Bengals of the NHL.

Michael82
07-04-2007, 05:50 PM

Regier must have been on vacation yesterday.
Great post hammerbillsfan! :bf1:

ct bills fan
07-04-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm not defending the front office, 'cuz I think they screwed up big time, but, I think not overpaying for marginal talent isn't a bad thing. Hopefully they'll get some good players at good rates. If by some chance they can get Souray and trade Spacek and/or Kalinin for a forward or two, the team all of a sudden looks good again.