X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Repeat after me!

It is quite obvious that Drury did not want to be here. The funny part is that it was the fans that pretty much drove him out of Buffalo. He didn't want to be the man on the ice, at the press conferences, at the store, the restaurant, he just wanted to play hockey. Sullivan was on GR this morning and said that Drury will be able to do anything he wants in NYC without all the fans getting in his business! Hell most won't even know who he is! There was NOTHING that the front office could do to kept him here.

SO repeat after me:

DRURY DID NOT WANT TO BE HERE!!!

As far as Briere, who cares, wanted way to much money and takes way to many bad penalties at the wrong times. CAPTAINS AND LEADERS DON'T MAKE STUPID DECISIONS! Briere made them all the time, with his cheap and dirty penalities! So like last yea with Jay Mckee going to the worst team, I say BYE BYE DANNY, enjoy the cold damp basement!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: Repeat after me!

Would you want to be in a place where the front office doesn't give a **** about you and other players?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Even if all of that is true, and I don't disagree, they should have had Plan B ready and gone after a guy like Smyth.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

To me it really sounds like they can't believe Drury left.

Comment

• G Wolly
          • Mar 2004

I can believe Drury left, He grew up watching the Rangers at MSG and many athletes would love to play for the team they grew up watching. I wish him the best in New York.

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
            Would you want to be in a place where the front office doesn't give a **** about you and other players?

What part of Drury not wanting to be the main guy. Sullivan said they had to make him do press conferences, he didn't like getting gas and being molested by rabid Sabre fans, he was tried of being the guy, he just wants to play hockey. In NYC he can do that, they won't know him from a tourist and that's what he wanted!!! It had nothing to do with the FO not giving a ****!
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

If Drury didn't want to be here, the FO is to blame for creating that situation. I don't know why some of you seem to think it's okay for top players to NOT want to be here. It's the FO's job to ATTRACT talent, not repel it.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                To me it really sounds like they can't believe Drury left.
                i think they got caught up in their own "success"...they are now going to find out that players will NOT want to come here...they have set themselves up to fail big time.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
                  What part of Drury not wanting to be the main guy. Sullivan said they had to make him do press conferences, he didn't like getting gas and being molested by rabid Sabre fans, he was tried of being the guy, he just wants to play hockey. In NYC he can do that, they won't know him from a tourist and that's what he wanted!!! It had nothing to do with the FO not giving a ****!
                  they may all have been true but Grier is the key to this whole thing...he started last year talking about committment and the lack thereof by the Sabres...Drury is a win at all cost type of player and he did not, as we all don't, see that committment from the Sabres. The die was cast the day Grier signed with SJ.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    If Drury didn't want to be here, the FO is to blame for creating that situation. I don't know why some of you seem to think it's okay for top players to NOT want to be here. It's the FO's job to ATTRACT talent, not repel it.
                    I'll agree, but only partially. If he wanted to play for his home team, it is not the FO's fault.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      That is the funniest post of the year!!! How many top guys can this team pay.

If you look at it, it was the fans that drove him out of here! The guy couldn't do anything without being bothered by the fans!
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

It is quite obvious that Drury did not want to be here. The funny part is that it was the fans that pretty much drove him out of Buffalo. He didn't want to be the man on the ice, at the press conferences, at the store, the restaurant, he just wanted to play hockey. Sullivan was on GR this morning and said that Drury will be able to do anything he wants in NYC without all the fans getting in his business! Hell most won't even know who he is! There was NOTHING that the front office could do to kept him here.

SO repeat after me:

As far as Briere, who cares, wanted way to much money and takes way to many bad penalties at the wrong times. CAPTAINS AND LEADERS DON'T MAKE STUPID DECISIONS! Briere made them all the time, with his cheap and dirty penalities! So like last yea with Jay Mckee going to the worst team, I say BYE BYE DANNY, enjoy the cold damp basement!
                        You are so full of crap. You are just making up homer crap.

1. Drury doesn't want to play for a team that shows no loyalty to its top players. They could have EASILY kept him if they treated their players better and didn't wait until the last minute.
                        2. Briere wanted $5 MILLION a year ago. And you're trashing him now only because he's no longer here.

You are so full of crap.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

That is the funniest post of the year!!! How many top guys can this team pay.

If you look at it, it was the fans that drove him out of here! The guy couldn't do anything without being bothered by the fans!
                          do you have a source or any evidence to support that?

I don't see what's so funny about my post. I never said the FO had to grab every top FA, but they do have to create an environment where the best players will want to come. I understand they can't pay all of them- they don't have to. But guys fleeing town because they don't want to play here- that's completely unacceptable. The FO has to treat players in a way that makes them feel welcome, or else no FA's are going to come here, ever.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kgun12
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                            they may all have been true but Grier is the key to this whole thing...he started last year talking about committment and the lack thereof by the Sabres...Drury is a win at all cost type of player and he did not, as we all don't, see that committment from the Sabres. The die was cast the day Grier signed with SJ.
                            I don't call that a win at all cost, I call that a spoiled brat pro athlete! If he wanted to win at all cost then he should be willing to play for less so we could keep the Grier's of the world. Besides Grier did not fit this team, he was slower than whale **** and if Chris couldn't see that then he was as blind as some of the fans!
                            USAF VETERAN
                            DAV

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

I don't call that a win at all cost, I call that a spoiled brat pro athlete! If he wanted to win at all cost then he should be willing to play for less so we could keep the Grier's of the world. Besides Grier did not fit this team, he was slower than whale **** and if Chris couldn't see that then he was as blind as some of the fans!
                              I got to disagree...the team shows no committment to win long term...he does. And Grier may not have been fleet of foot but I will take his grit, the grit we were lacking against Ottawa, over Max and Kotalik any day.

Comment

Working...
                              X