• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Report: Tank wasnt Drunk on recent DUI arrest

Blood tests show former Chicago Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson's blood alcohol level was below the legal limit when he was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving June 22, police said Monday.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Re: Report: Tank wasnt Drunk on recent DUI arrest

Whilst it won't happen, the lad could be a pretty decent pickup if he could get his act together.

Its the sort of situation where you call him in, have a chat, and see what you think .... I'd be inclined to sign him to an incentive based deal especially considering how the Walker situation is going.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Splitting hairs here me thinks, he was still quite impaired to be pulled over for it
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        Splitting hairs here me thinks, he was still quite impaired to be pulled over for it
        sure, jail him for coming close to breaking a law? I think all of us here have been there & worse.

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

Sign him up, he could be a steal, for us imagine him and a Healthy McCargo, or Triplett, and Kyle Williams
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
            ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
            • Jan 2007

Yeah and the guns they found in his house weren't loaded! **** Him!

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

If he wasn't drunk, he's still a dope for driving around at 3:30 AM even close to drunk given his current precarious situation. That said, in contrast to Pacman, Michael Vick etc., the incidents Tank's been in trouble for haven't been that jaw-dropping. I think he's more of an immature kid than an actual "bad" guy.

He is probably a bit of a risk, but I would not be averse to giving him a chance here if it weren't for the fact that he has to sit half the season, not even practicing with the team. He'd totally have to be looked at as a signing for 2008.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                • Jul 2002

He was guilty of driving while black.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by billsfanone
                  He was guilty of driving while black.
                  I wouldn't be totally surprised if that had something to do with his getting pulled over. But then again, at 3:30 AM, you don't have to do much to get pulled over.
                  Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Talk0fNewYork
                    Yeah and the guns they found in his house weren't loaded! **** Him!
                    whatever. I don't really care how many guns he has at home, so long as he leaves them at home, and no one says he's been toting since that initial misdemeanor. the probation violation didn't bother me that much. would have been smart to give them to someone else to hold onto until the probation was over, but again, not thinking that through is immaturity and not necessarily evidence that he's a thug.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                      ....formerly OhBF
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
                      sure, jail him for coming close to breaking a law? I think all of us here have been there & worse.
                      Fess up gentlemen (and ladies).

In the early 80's, I once had a level of .24 and that was after 3 hours without a
                      drink. Needless to say, I ended up in the hospital for two weeks after the accident I had at approx 6:00 am that morning....

.072 may be politically incorrect, and he shouldn't have been driving, but consider this: using a cell phone while driving renders one a less competent driver than one who is legally drunk at .10, yet .............( from a college research project less than a year ago, google it...)

Now, where do we all stand on this?
                      Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                      own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by OhBF
                        Fess up gentlemen (and ladies).

In the early 80's, I once had a level of .24 and that was after 3 hours without a
                        drink. Needless to say, I ended up in the hospital for two weeks after the accident I had at approx 6:00 am that morning....

.072 may be politically incorrect, and he shouldn't have been driving, but consider this: using a cell phone while driving renders one a less competent driver than one who is legally drunk at .10, yet .............( from a college research project less than a year ago, google it...)

Now, where do we all stand on this?
                        I only use my cell phone while driving if I've just finished my last beer, tossed the can in the back, and need to call ahead to pick up more so I don't have to wait in line.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                          • Jul 2007

Chicago clearly made a mistake in releasing him for a minor speeding ticket. The rest of the problems were serious but NOT uncommon with todays players!

I really think this may be a situation that needs to be investagated and reviewed!

I see no reason that Marv should not bring him in to have a chat.

If Marv is satified...sign him!
                          Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• mikemac2001
                            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                            • Mar 2003

Sign Frank the Tank

MUCK
                            FIAMI

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Wally
                              Chicago clearly made a mistake in releasing him for a minor speeding ticket. The rest of the problems were serious but NOT uncommon with todays players!

I really think this may be a situation that needs to be investagated and reviewed!

I see no reason that Marv should not bring him in to have a chat.

If Marv is satified...sign him!

Good post!......

GO BILLS!!!!!!
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X