Ralph Wilson ranked 30th among NFL owners by this clown...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Ralph Wilson ranked 30th among NFL owners by this clown...

The great Ralph Wilson was one of the founding fathers of the modern NFL. He deserves better than this. I'm sure the know it all douchers will be here any second.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Ralph Wilson ranked 30th in owner rankings in NFL

Umm, he is ranked that high?

J / K

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

He has Jerry Jones at #2, and Daniel Snyder at #5.

Credibility.....Lost.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Re: Ralph Wilson ranked 30th among NFL owners by this clown...

Enter Moran...

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
          He has Jerry Jones at #2, and Daniel Snyder at #5.

Credibility.....Lost.
          that may be true, however, I do not rate as one of the best owners. It is his meddling and poor decision making that lost us Saban twice, Polian in the 90s, Butler and Smith and brought us the Tom Donahoe Era. Sometimes RW doesn't know how to get out of his own way and the team wins despite him. Take a look at the 47 year history. 5 winning years in the 60s. 3 winning years in the 70s. 4 winning seasons in the 80s. 7 winning seasons in the 90s and 1 in this current decade...20 winning seasons and 3 times a .500 ball club...that's not the greatest success? don't let the 90s blur the past. RW has not been a great owner.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

I disagree with having Snyder that high, but Ralph is just not that respected around the league. There is a reason why he isn't in the Hall of Fame and I'm sure it will come out at some point.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

If you're going with what owners have done historically and their significance to the game, I agree- Ralph should be higher.

If you go with understanding the modern NFL and putting the best possible product on the field while also maximizing profit, 30 is about right.

The game has passed Ralph by.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

I do have to wonder how the Fords didn't finish dead last.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• dolphan117
                  • Dec 2005

I'm glad they have the owner of the Saints ranked at 31, they are the toast of the town now but boy they were brutal under Jim Haslett. They had measurable talent under him and year after year they bombed. It got so bad at one point that the owner compared them to a high school team..... And yet he still kept Haslett around.

Keeping Haslett for so long as the HC in NO and Millen as GM with the Lions are two of the great mysteries of the NFL. Even a blind man can see they need to be fired.

Comment

• dolphan117
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    I do have to wonder how the Fords didn't finish dead last.
                    I could see having them at 32 a lot easier than the Bengals. At least the Bengals are wining, and its not like the Lions are a bunch of choir boys. Didn't they fire their line coach for going through drivethroughs naked or something?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                      that may be true, however, I do not rate as one of the best owners. It is his meddling and poor decision making that lost us Saban twice, Polian in the 90s, Butler and Smith and brought us the Tom Donahoe Era. Sometimes RW doesn't know how to get out of his own way and the team wins despite him. Take a look at the 47 year history. 5 winning years in the 60s. 3 winning years in the 70s. 4 winning seasons in the 80s. 7 winning seasons in the 90s and 1 in this current decade...20 winning seasons and 3 times a .500 ball club...that's not the greatest success? don't let the 90s blur the past. RW has not been a great owner.

i agree 1000%.the Old Fart only worried about lining his pockets.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Wilson is not the kind of owner that the modern NFL needs or wants.

While I personally disagree with the "style over substance" approach of the modern NFL, it is what it is. Wilson in that way simply doesn't fit in and the city and region are really pushing the envelope in the same way too.

Fans easily support a team in Buffalo/WNY, but it's not about fans, it's about premium seating and money from other things such as TV revenues and even freebies from municipalities.

Wilson's gotten far more mileage out of a defunct era of football, namely the AFL, a league with 8 teams, than was healthy for him. If Polian hadn't become the GM in Buffalo, quite by accident, not by design, then this team would easily rank among the worst in NFL history with only a couple of playoff wins.

Wilson is not a good owner insofar as the league and its goals are concerned.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                          Wilson is not the kind of owner that the modern NFL needs or wants.

While I personally disagree with the "style over substance" approach of the modern NFL, it is what it is. Wilson in that way simply doesn't fit in and the city and region are really pushing the envelope in the same way too.

Fans easily support a team in Buffalo/WNY, but it's not about fans, it's about premium seating and money from other things such as TV revenues and even freebies from municipalities.

Wilson's gotten far more mileage out of a defunct era of football, namely the AFL, a league with 8 teams, than was healthy for him. If Polian hadn't become the GM in Buffalo, quite by accident, not by design, then this team would easily rank among the worst in NFL history with only a couple of playoff wins.

Wilson is not a good owner insofar as the league and its goals are concerned.
                          Amen. He fell into Polian by happenstance. If Terry Bledsoe had not taken sick Polian would have just moved on at some point and never been on the radar screen here.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                            i agree 1000%.the Old Fart only worried about lining his pockets.
                            I will never forget the scene of him at the airport (it was in the late 70s I believe) basically ignoring and cursing out the media for wanting answers (and I don't remember the specifics because I was young) but I knew at that moment that he was NOT professional and that he really didn't have winning first. He came off as a miser and a bitter old man and I don't think much has changed. Yes, I can agree that he could not tolerate the way Polian treated his daughter but there has been way too many missteps to give RW credit for much.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

I have to agree with the writer and a lot of guys here. I don't consider Ralph a good owner at all. It seems like he is more concerned about himself than he is of the league and his team. That is not what the NFL wants.

Comment

Working...
                              X