PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I see things differently but.........

Mitchy moo
07-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Briere saved himself for his big contract which showed up in this season's playoffs, so why would we want him back? Would he play harder now that he got his contract? I feel he would probably have layed down now that he got his money, so good bye sir I say. People that lay down and cheap shot and fall to try to get penalties are losers and in the long run lose themselves and drag the team down behind them.

Drury, he worked hard but had no intention on staying on board. He has a house no where near Buffalo and never really spent anytime doing things in town. Remember him at alot of charity events not put on by the team? He is a journeyman that works hard and will be missed. Funny thing is the season he just had will probably be his best he has statistically in his career, it was his personal best.

We are still stocked with talent, keep your head up and chin forward fans....

kgun12
07-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Good post, but get ready for the negative reps calling you a homer. There is no room for reasoning and rational here!

Typ0
07-02-2007, 11:13 PM
both of these guys should have been locked up last year and it never would have came to this. Briere is a luxury to have on the roster if you can afford it but Drury is a guy you keep around he's got winner tatooed all over his soul. We waited until he had all his options layed out on the table in front of him and we lost big time. Oops. There is no other way to look at it.

kgun12
07-02-2007, 11:22 PM
both of these guys should have been locked up last year and it never would have came to this. Briere is a luxury to have on the roster if you can afford it but Drury is a guy you keep around he's got winner tatooed all over his soul. We waited until he had all his options layed out on the table in front of him and we lost big time. Oops. There is no other way to look at it.

Good post typo! I agree.

Mitchy moo
07-02-2007, 11:25 PM

So based on the economics of last year we we're supposed to assume a 10% increase in cap and with Briere having a good season under his belt after missing like alot of games just assume he was going to get better? Drury had his best year of his life last season, no suprise it's a contract year there.

These 2 had one thing in mind, pad their stats and get paid. They knew it wasn't going to happen here and never expected it to really. Briere had his house for sale off and on for a long time in Buffalo and Drury never bothered to get a place here. Both these guys had their hats on before we offered them $.10.

Using your logic in a even further fashion, we need to lock up everybody we have for 5 years at top dollar and hope they can pull out their best season as well, right? Did you ever stop to think that what motivates these guys is their payday and they actually skate all 82 reg. season games? (If they don't have some condition that stops them from actually playing but half a season).

You get the most out of the donkey when the carrot is in front of it, not while it's chewing it.

Typ0
07-02-2007, 11:30 PM
So based on the economics of last year we we're supposed to assume a 10% increase in cap and with Briere having a good season under his belt after missing like alot of games just assume he was going to get better? Drury had his best year of his life last season, no suprise it's a contract year there.

These 2 had one thing in mind, pad their stats and get paid. They knew it wasn't going to happen here and never expected it to really. Briere had his house for sale off and on for a long time in Buffalo and Drury never bothered to get a place here. Both these guys had their hats on before we offered them $.10.

Using your logic in a even further fashion, we need to lock up everybody we have for 5 years at top dollar and hope they can pull out their best season as well, right? Did you ever stop to think that what motivates these guys is their payday and they actually skate all 82 reg. season games? (If they don't have some condition that stops them from actually playing but half a season).

You get the most out of the donkey when the carrot is in front of it, not while it's chewing it.

funny, but I thought since the day he got here Drury drove a stake through this organization with a big W on it. It wasn't just last season it's the way he prepares and plays. I'm sorry but I think this player situation should have been treated differently and the day Drury left this squad was a very sad day not something to rejoice about.

Mitchy moo
07-02-2007, 11:35 PM
funny, but I thought since the day he got here Drury drove a stake through this organization with a big W on it. It wasn't just last season it's the way he prepares and plays. I'm sorry but I think this player situation should have been treated differently and the day Drury left this squad was a very sad day not something to rejoice about.

Drury was never really here, he just stopped by until his payday. Briere did more for the community as a captain but dropped hints about Philly along time ago, even Biron bragged about their Frenchie conversations in interviews, remember?

kgun12
07-02-2007, 11:44 PM

I would have liked to see Drury back, but shooby makes some damn good points! Besides they both had 4 years here and we didn't even make the finals. So why should we spend all that money on 2 aging vets, one never putting down any roots and the other who well I will just say I'm glad he is gone.

Dude
07-03-2007, 06:58 AM
You all are ignoring the fact that they would have signed for a lot less than they got on the open market had the Sabres not dragged their feet.

Typ0
07-03-2007, 07:30 AM
I would have liked to see Drury back, but shooby makes some damn good points! Besides they both had 4 years here and we didn't even make the finals. So why should we spend all that money on 2 aging vets, one never putting down any roots and the other who well I will just say I'm glad he is gone.

those guys are in their prime right now. Maybe 5 years out I'd be questioning their viability but not for the next three that's for sure. And those two guys wanted to play in buffalo and they wanted to play together and all they wanted was to be treated fairly.

Typ0
07-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Drury was never really here, he just stopped by until his payday. Briere did more for the community as a captain but dropped hints about Philly along time ago, even Biron bragged about their Frenchie conversations in interviews, remember?

Drury was never here? He was just stopping by? That's a rediculous statement. you must not have been paying attention. The day CD got here he brought a winning attitude. He played most of the last two seasons on a line with constantly rotating players and he played his heart out. When the team was falling down in the playoffs every night we could see Drury leaving it all on the ice. I'm sorry Skoob but he doesn't deserve the type of disrespect you are dishing out here because it's self serving.

Mitchy moo
07-03-2007, 07:36 AM
Drury was never here? He was just stopping by? That's a rediculous statement. you must not have been paying attention. The day CD got here he brought a winning attitude. He played most of the last two seasons on a line with constantly rotating players and he played his heart out. When the team was falling down in the playoffs every night we could see Drury leaving it all on the ice. I'm sorry Skoob but he doesn't deserve the type of disrespect you are dishing out here because it's self serving.

His length of service was my point, not his effort.

Typ0
07-03-2007, 07:37 AM
His length of service was my point, not his effort.

but his length of service was driven by the sabres management practice!