• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Predict Losman/Evans Next contract

Doesnt have to be where, just the years/Salary you think they will get.

Im using Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson as my comparable figures. Schaub signed a 6 year $48 million dollar deal without being proven, hell im not even sure he started a game if he did it wasnt much. I shudder to think what JP gets if he has another solid season. Chad Pennington is in the midst of a 7 year, $64.2 mil deal, ill peg JP right in the middle somewhere but a little closer to CP.

Prediction: J.P. Losman, 6 years $57.5 mil

Andre Johnson got an 8 year $60 million dollar deal. I think Evans probably gets somewhere close to that.

Prediction: Lee Evans, 7 years $56 Mil

And for the record assuming both he and Evans have another solid year I predict we re-sign only one of them. Likely JP. I just cant see plans in the Bills "Ralphanomics" to sign both. Hes not thte type to have 200 mil tied up in just the offense.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: Predict Losman/Evans Next contract

I think evans will get one, i dont believe they are sold on JP

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• djjimkelly
      • Apr 2003

losman gets his new deal after this season and evans after 2 more seasons both will get rewarded with 1 year left on their respective deals

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

What part of this was tricky?

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
          • May 2005

The part where you said:
          "Doesnt have to be where, just the years/Salary you think they will get."

It was right at the beginning and therefore really threw some off I guess...

I'd say your numbers are pretty accurate, depending greatly on what happens this year. I see Evans potentially getting a bigger deal if he puts up another really good year this season.

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
            The part where you said:
            "Doesnt have to be where, just the years/Salary you think they will get."

It was right at the beginning and therefore really threw some off I guess...

I'd say your numbers are pretty accurate, depending greatly on what happens this year. I see Evans potentially getting a bigger deal if he puts up another really good year this season.

Yeah the Evans deal actually works out to more per year then johnson, just a year shorter. But yes if he hangs 1300 yards while being double teamed all year it would be pretty hard to argue.

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
              ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
              • Jan 2007

why if the bills are like the sabres we'll let em both walk and resign Josh Reed!

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Doh!

Comment

• Oaf
                  Do you read what you write?
                  • Jun 2007

How the hell did Schaub swindle that sort of money?! That is really astounding considering his accomplishments so far. Even if Losman continues his upward trend this year, I'd be very hard pressed to give him a contract bigger than 6 yrs 50 million.

Evans on the other hand, deserves to be paid top 10 money IMO, and will warrant that after this season.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Oaf
                    How the hell did Schaub swindle that sort of money?! That is really astounding considering his accomplishments so far. Even if Losman continues his upward trend this year, I'd be very hard pressed to give him a contract bigger than 6 yrs 50 million.

Evans on the other hand, deserves to be paid top 10 money IMO, and will warrant that after this season.
                    He had a good game against New England. Didn't you hear? They almost won that game.

D & S Sports

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                      Doesnt have to be where, just the years/Salary you think they will get.

Im using Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson as my comparable figures. Schaub signed a 6 year $48 million dollar deal without being proven, hell im not even sure he started a game if he did it wasnt much. I shudder to think what JP gets if he has another solid season. Chad Pennington is in the midst of a 7 year, $64.2 mil deal, ill peg JP right in the middle somewhere but a little closer to CP.

Prediction: J.P. Losman, 6 years $57.5 mil

Andre Johnson got an 8 year $60 million dollar deal. I think Evans probably gets somewhere close to that.

Prediction: Lee Evans, 7 years $56 Mil

And for the record assuming both he and Evans have another solid year I predict we re-sign only one of them. Likely JP. I just cant see plans in the Bills "Ralphanomics" to sign both. Hes not thte type to have 200 mil tied up in just the offense.
                      Close but I think those numbers are a tad on the lower end, especially if the cap keeps rising.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                        losman gets his new deal after this season and evans after 2 more seasons both will get rewarded with 1 year left on their respective deals
                        Trust me they'd be very well served to get a deal done before they got into the final year with Evans.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if there is no "franchise player" within the next two years etiher.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

The new market makes the contracts higher. I like to look at the franchise amounts to ascertain what top players cost, since it is the average of the top-5 players at that position in the game. Based on that, your numbers are low.

The franchise number on QBs is $12.615M this year and is likely to go up next season (that is the non-exclusive tag, the exclusive tag would be higher). QBs are by far the highest paid players in the game. By contrast, the franchise tag for WR is $7.613M (again, non-exclusive).

If Losman has a big year then he will be in line for around $12M-$13M per season, with $30M+ in guarantees.

Evans I'd say he gets around $7M-$8M per season. He should receive around $20M-$30M in guarantees.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Oaf
                            That isn't a lot of money for a QB. Granted, he is unproven and thus overpaid, but if he turns into a good starter he will be a value compared with other contracts in the NFL.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Evans: 6 years, 55 million

Comment

Working...
                              X