PDA

View Full Version : Did Larry Quinn and Darcy Regier say that they may now negotiate in season?

Ebenezer
07-03-2007, 03:36 AM
I haven't had a chance to listen to all the press clips but did they really say things to the affect that they are going to change their practices and start negotiating mid-season and mid-contract? If they did and they are still employeed that tells me that this whole thing had the blessing of TG. In the "real" business world a public admission like that gets your fired pronto. TG didn't make a billion by making bad business decisions or not gutting managers and supervisors who cost the bottom line. Their continued employment means that he blessed, sanctified and in a way ordered that the business be done the way it was.

As much as I distrust DR and LQ, and admit that the Sabres success has been in spite of them, ultimately if they keep their jobs then this major series of screw ups is on TG.

kgun12
07-03-2007, 03:41 AM
That's it this was Thomas Galisono master plan all the time! He needed a tax write off, so he told the FO to screw up the Drury and Briere contracts, piss off Grier and McKee, nobody will play here, nobody will sign here and THE SKY IS FALLING, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

:blowup:

Sorry Eb couldn't resist! :couch:

What happened Eb you are usually so level headed what's going on man?

clumping platelets
07-03-2007, 03:48 AM
:eb: level headed? :gag:

kgun12
07-03-2007, 03:50 AM
:eb: level headed? :gag:

kgun12 :rock: Clump

clumping platelets
07-03-2007, 03:52 AM
:moon:

kgun12
07-03-2007, 03:58 AM
:club:

Ebenezer
07-03-2007, 04:47 AM
That's it this was Thomas Galisono master plan all the time! He needed a tax write off, so he told the FO to screw up the Drury and Briere contracts, piss off Grier and McKee, nobody will play here, nobody will sign here and THE SKY IS FALLING, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

:blowup:

Sorry Eb couldn't resist! :couch:

What happened Eb you are usually so level headed what's going on man?
no, I am serious on this one...if this makes them change their ways then their ways were wrong...in the business world that calls for a firing.

YardRat
07-03-2007, 05:41 AM
Golisano's the one that publicly labeled Zubrus 'just a rental player' in a between periods interview during the playoffs.

Dr. Lecter
07-03-2007, 07:33 AM
They said they would not negotiate during the season but would try harder to extend deals before they expire.

Meathead
07-03-2007, 08:54 AM
well if thats the case then for the first time im going to get angry

ive been giving them the benefit of the doubt that they had a reason to do it the way they did. in my mind there had to be a good reason because they arent dummies, this is their job, theyve considered all the angles and decided their overall philosophy is better served with that tactic

thats fine, i can live with that, im sure theres a great many things that piss off the fans that wouldnt if they would take the three hours to listen why things cant be that way in the complicated world of professional sports entertainment

so ive been waiting patiently for an explanation to emerge and if this is the best they can do i will be getting angry

try harder?! you either do or you dont. try harder sounds like you dont know what the hell youre doing, that youre flipping coins or something. wtf

losing both guys for the money they got is fine, i can live with that. plenty of good talent left here that will take up most of the money freed up with a couple solid defensemen additions and were in bidness

but if youre telling me you coulda had either guy for 1-2 mill less if you only 'tried harder' six months ago and you dont have a great reason why you didnt, well thats some ***ked up ***t right there

i hope more comes out on this because i dont want to feel this way