Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Hey all you Darcy apologists

explain this away...

Why the captain jumped ship
    By John Vogl, Tim Graham and Bucky Gleason NEWS SPORTS REPORTERS
    Updated: 07/03/07 6:51 AM

The Buffalo Sabres had co-captain Chris Drury locked up for four more years. Then they drove him away with their inaction.

Drury and the Sabres agreed on terms of a new contract last fall, but the team suddenly went silent and never formally presented the offer. The co-captain, after weeks of uncertainty, had his agent withdraw the deal and started thinking about a new organization, an industry source with knowledge of the negotiations has told The Buffalo News.

He doesn't have a plan, he's just incompetant.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Hey all you Darcy apologists

this makes me sick. the last week has taken my warm and fuzzy feeling and turned it into puke. both of the players could have been on the team for at least the next three years for a very reasonable price. They wanted to play together. They wanted to keep the team intact and they wanted to bring a championship to buffalo and the Sabres organization just wasn't interested enough to get the job done. Why should we be interested?

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
      • Jan 2003

for those interested in reading, it is on www.buffalonews.com

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

Read the latest Buffalo, NY, and Erie County news from the Buffalo News. Get headlines on local weather, entertainment, and events.

made the front page of course.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

clearly someone screwed up...not that I want to make excuses but maybe this wasn't DR...maybe he's the guy that put the original deal together and someone else failed to deliver it..could have been TG himself who failed to ink something.

we can't afford those kinds of screw ups though...someone should be held accountable.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• clumping platelets

It's all they are talkin' aboot on WGR this marnin'

Comment

• Dude
                that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
                • Feb 2005

This is ****ing bull****.

The people running this team are clueless morons.

Regardless of the final figures Briere and Drury signed for, you can't spin the fact that the Sabres ****ed this whole thing up.

The only ones to blame for those two players wearing different colors are the Sabres' FO..

****ing bull****.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                  It's all they are talkin' aboot on WGR this marnin'
                  But the Bills suck and the Sabres are great, according to WGR.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Bufftp
                    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

I think DR made the deal and wanted to pull the trigger. I think LQ and TG screwed up. I don't know why DR stayed in Buffalo.
                    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                    to be led by permanent ideals -
                    that is what keeps a man patient
                    when the world ignores him,
                    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• carybillsfan
                      • Aug 2003

But I thought it was all the other BS that they stated at PC yesterday.

This organization is a classless joke.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

That is totally inexcusable. There is no possible way that can happen. This is Chris Drury we are talking about, it isn't some shmuck third liner, this was our captain, our hero, our face of the franchise. If this is true someone needs to be fired. I don't think we will know if it was Darcy, but someone needs their ass on a platter. In two years this front office will be here saying how they need a Chris Drury type player. Dammit, I was just about to turn the corner and accept this. Even it this **** up has been done, what the hell are they doing about it? This plan A - Let Briere walk plan B - desperatly try to fix the Drury situation plan C - have a press conference to tell everyone how we ****** up and we are very sorry. Do something about it you ******* ********! Don't just sit on your ******* hands and pout about your mistakes. Oh wait, they are going to try to lockup Brian Campbell. Well if you get an agreement that is a good one, don't sit there and do nothing about it you ******s.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

So as of last year, the Sabres could have locked up both captains for 11.5 million a year.

Maybe they used the Zigomanis fax machine.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

I dont know about you guys.. But if I'm Tom Golisano and I want to save face with the fans... Like I said yesterday.. If you want ANY real quality FA to come to Buffalo in the coming years, The hammer comes down on Darcy Regier TODAY.

It's just an inexcusable offense. Our best two players would not only still be both be here, but they'd be here BELOW market value, which for a city like Buffalo is the goal.

Listen, I've given Darcy many props over the years. He's built this team on some outstanding trades and draft choices. But the bottom line is when you make this kind of mistake, the kind of mistake that will set this team not to mention alienate many fans for years to come.

If this was my workplace, the owner would tell our manager, "you've done a fine job, but I have to let you go"

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Not only that.. When asked if the Sabres would be less competitive yesterday at the press conference, Quinn started to answer.. and then Regier interupted and said "Let me answer that. We will be less competitive without Chris Drury and Dan Briere."

What kind of message is that to fans that plucked down in many cases more than they can afford for season tickets?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X