X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carybillsfan
    • Aug 2003

Happy Go Lucky Sabres fans

I've been a sabres fan since I could walk, learned to skate before I could run, and I'm not aout to walk away from this team but if you think the sabres can just overcome the loss of Drury and Briere clearly you don't understand sports:

1989 & 1990 NBA Conference Finals the Chiocago Bulls lose to Detroit both years, Do you think if they would have gone on to win 6 titles in the next 8 years if they would have gotten rid of Pippen and Jordan?

What if after the 82-83 season the Edmonton Oilers let Getzky and Messier walk? I doubt 4 straight cups would have ended up in edmonton.

But here is the closest resemblance to the Sabres:

What about in 96 after losing to Colorado in the WCF and NJ in the finals the year before the wings let Yzerman and Federov go, Do they win back to back cups the next two years? (Remember Yzerman was 31 when he won his first, does that age sound familiar?)

The sabres were 1 solid defenceman away from the cup, now they are at least 3 players away and instead of signing new players the FO has to give a press conference on why thge haven't done anything.....that PC was just a sign of how bad things are.

I'm a Sabres fan and always will be, but this debacle will take years to recover from.
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

Re: Happy Go Lucky Sabres fans

I personally don't care if the Sabres never win the cup because I've loved them my whole life, and the fact of losing games won't make me stop watching them.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

"It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

The Sabres were a leader on the power play away from beating Ottawa.

Even though we played FAR from out best hockey against the Sens in the playoffs, we STILL beat them if we dont go 20 something consecutive powerplays without scoring. We definitely win games 1 and 2 at home. In fact, not only did we NOT score, we gave up a short handed goal and about 2 other breakaways.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Immortal Corruptor
          I personally don't care if the Sabres never win the cup because I've loved them my whole life, and the fact of losing games won't make me stop watching them.
          That's BS circular logic. Do you want the Sabres to win the Cup? If the answer to that question is "yes", then you should be upset/pissed/frustrated or any combination of the 3 by what has transpired this week.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• carybillsfan
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Immortal Corruptor
            It won't make me stop watching them either, people around my know where my loyalty lies. But I would love to just once say that FINALLY MY TEAM WON THE CUP!!!

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

I'll still watch my Buffalo Pirates!
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• carybillsfan
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                I'll still watch my Buffalo Pirates!
                If there is a planned walkout coming up this season, I will spend money for a ticket and drive up there to be part of it.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

I expected Briere and Drury to both be gone Sunday and I dont know how any reasonably knowledgable fan didn't expect the same thing. Once it got inside 10 days of free agency and we didnt resign either player, it was obvious these guys were going to the market and it was obvious someone was going to pay them more money than Buffalo would. We had months to get deals done, did anyone expect otherwise when it got that close to FA?

So even know this was easy to see coming, I thought for SURE it would come with a contingent plan. Let Briere and Drury walk and still improve your team.

Ryan Smyth is the perfect playoff winger. He's tough nosed and wins the battles in the corner. We lacked that against Ottawa. Souray set a record for power play goals among defensmen with 19 for Montreal last year. He has one of the hardest shots in the NHL. THe biggest reason we DIDNT make the Stanley Cup was because we couldnt score on the PP vs Ottawa.

So I thought it was a no-brainer. We lose our two best centers and we come back with a gritty yet still skilled winer and a horse for the power play.

The single-most bothersome thing is we didnt attack anything, we barely even reacted. Instead of a press conference to announce our alternative guys to keep this team on top, we have one to try and justify how we can let our top two guys go.

If your gonna lose your best two players, fine.. But ****ing replace with guys who are just as capable. Drury and Briere werent the only two great players in UFA. But one by one, we've watched all of them just go off the board, in many cases to division rivals.

The angry part is we later find out we could've had both Briere and Drury locked up a year ago for millions less than what they received Sunday.

how is that not brutal FO management, and why shouldn't someone be held responsible for that?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• carybillsfan
                    • Aug 2003

I knew they were both gone when Datsyuk signed a deal in the spring for $7M per and the Sabres kept to there out dated policy of not negotiating in season.

Comment

Working...
                    X