PDA

View Full Version : Missing the Point.

patmoran2006
07-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Can the Sabres overcome the losses of Drury and Briere? Sure. Maybe not likely, but certainly possible. The rest of the team is not filled with scrubs, but some pretty good players. Vanek, Roy, Pomminville, Miller, Connolly, Tallinder, Campbell. Still a lot of pretty good talent.

The point: THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO OVERCOME IT. We only have to overcome these losses because of our FO's OWN INCOMPETENCE!

patmoran2006
07-03-2007, 10:35 AM
And another thing.

Everyone says we should lock up our guys we currently have. Given the way things went down, who the hell is to say that these guys WANT to be extended? Brian Campbell can probably get $8 million per in two years elsewhere. Why would he want to extend for $4 million per right now?

Same with Vanek. Does anyone think he WONT go to arbitration, accept whatever award is giving to him-- play out this season and then hit the jackpot in the UFA market?

Its up to the player too if he wants to be extended.

This team better get to work, make a couple of moves and do one hell of a PR job to clean this discraceful mess up.

Dr. Lecter
07-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Pat, get your facts straight.

Vanek does not have arbitration rights. You have said this twice and have been corrected both times.

BlackMetalNinja
07-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Hey Pat... say hello to your old friend for me:

:deadhorse:

carybillsfan
07-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Pat, get your facts straight.

Vanek does not have arbitration rights. You have said this twice and have been corrected both times.

Why does he not have arbitration rights?

Dr. Lecter
07-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Because he does not have enough time in the league. I think he gets them after next season.

carybillsfan
07-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Here it is again for all of you that don't think Vanek can file for arbitration:

In case you don't believe here is the link to Article 12 of the CBA:
http://www.nhl.com/cba/2005-CBA.pdf

A player is eligible to elect salary arbitration if the player meets the qualifications set forth in the following chart and in Section 12.1(b) below:
First Contract Signing Age Minimum Level of Professional
Experience Required to be
Eligible for Salary Arbitration
18-20 4 years professional experience
21 3 years professional experience
22-23 2 years professional experience -Vanek falls in here
24 1 years professional experience

carybillsfan
07-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Because he does not have enough time in the league. I think he gets them after next season.

He only needs 2 professional years, last year and the year before both count.

carybillsfan
07-03-2007, 11:19 AM
This was a huge deal worked intto the new CBA, theold one required 3 years.

Dr. Lecter
07-03-2007, 11:20 AM
then everything reported by Hockey News and the such is wrong, as they all said he was not eligible.

THATHURMANATOR
Pat could you keep your whining to one thread rather than starting 10 threads that are basically complaining about the same thing?

Dr. Lecter
How old was he when he signed his first deal?

Dr. Lecter
07-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Are you sure he was not 21 when he signed his first deal?

Philagape
07-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Pat could you keep your whining to one thread rather than starting 10 threads that are basically complaining about the same thing?

Why do you go into threads where you know what you'll see? You'd see a lot less of the whining you're so sick of if you didn't do that.

Dr. Lecter
07-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Here it is again for all of you that don't think Vanek can file for arbitration:

In case you don't believe here is the link to Article 12 of the CBA:
http://www.nhl.com/cba/2005-CBA.pdf

A player is eligible to elect salary arbitration if the player meets the qualifications set forth in the following chart and in Section 12.1(b) below:
First Contract Signing Age Minimum Level of Professional
Experience Required to be
Eligible for Salary Arbitration
18-20 4 years professional experience
21 3 years professional experience
22-23 2 years professional experience -Vanek falls in here
24 1 years professional experience

He was 21 when he first signed (DOB 1/19/84). So he would need 3 years of experience to be eligible for arbitration.

BlackMetalNinja
07-03-2007, 11:34 AM
He was 21 when he first signed (DOB 1/19/84). So he would need 3 years of experience to be eligible for arbitration.

Pffffft! Facts, those can be used to prove anything that's even remotely true... I'm not impressed!

carybillsfan
07-03-2007, 12:37 PM

I do stand corrected on this one, actually he signed it in Sept. 2004, making him only 20, which means he needs 4 years of experience. I talked to a friend of mine who works for an agent. I'm sorry, I'll admit I was wrong, unlike the Sabres FO.

patmoran2006
07-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Whatever.. 2 years then.

and except for Lecter, instead of taking your **** out on me, why doesnt soemone tell me why the Sabres had NO BACKUP PLAN to maintain a championship level team, theyre not that stupid to know they werent gonna lose 23 and 48.

ddaryl
07-03-2007, 12:41 PM

Obviously Pat doesn't go outside much and just sits in front of his PC doing nothing else but obsessing about how crappy Buffalo sports teams can be. It's pretty pathetic, but on top of that it really hurts the overall atmosphere of this forum IMO

patmoran2006
07-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Obviously Pat doesn't go outside much and just sits in front of his PC doing nothing else but obsessing about how crappy Buffalo sports teams can be. It's pretty pathetic, but on top of that it really hurts the overall atmosphere of this forum IMO
Dont talk **** about someone you dont know.

BlackMetalNinja
07-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Dont talk **** about someone you dont know.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAh Hi kettle, this is pot... you're black.

ALL you do around here is talk **** about the Bills, the Sabres, the FOs of each, etc... you know them all pretty well do you?

patmoran2006
07-03-2007, 01:18 PM
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAh Hi kettle, this is pot... you're black.

ALL you do around here is talk **** about the Bills, the Sabres, the FOs of each, etc... you know them all pretty well do you?

1- Your right.. I talk **** about the Sabres and the Bills, and the FO's of each.. That's a lot different than talking **** about any of YOU.. I dont KNOW you or anyone else except a few. FOr someone to say I "sit in front of my pc all day" (which for the most part I do, while I get paid for it) or to say I have "no life" shows that the person accusing doesnt know **** about me.

2- Without being a smart-ass about it, I do know the FO's and the players more than almost anybody on here. Like to it or not, I have been in the locker rooms and at numerous press conferences. In fact, I know and in many cases, have dealt with almost everybody in the Sabres organization at some point with the exception of Larry Quinn.

BlackMetalNinja
07-03-2007, 01:20 PM
1- Your right.. I talk **** about the Sabres and the Bills, and the FO's of each.. That's a lot different than talking **** about any of YOU.. I dont KNOW you or anyone else except a few. FOr someone to say I "sit in front of my pc all day" (which for the most part I do, while I get paid for it) or to say I have "no life" shows that the person accusing doesnt know **** about me.

2- Without being a smart-ass about it, I do know the FO's and the players more than almost anybody on here. Like to it or not, I have been in the locker rooms and at numerous press conferences. In fact, I know and in many cases, have dealt with almost everybody in the Sabres organization at some point with the exception of Larry Quinn.

I see, they get paid lots of money and you like to watch them play, so you can talk **** about them.... just not us... ok, crystal clear chief.

patmoran2006
07-03-2007, 01:25 PM
I see, they get paid lots of money and you like to watch them play, so you can talk **** about them.... just not us... ok, crystal clear chief.
Exactly right.. talking **** about players or front offices or personnel moves is the reason there is a BillsZone, or Sabreszone.

Talking about someone on a personal level, someone you dont even know on top of that, its just some wack ass **** to cover up the fact you cant dispute the topic of a thread.

Dr. Lecter
07-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Whatever.. 2 years then.

and except for Lecter, instead of taking your **** out on me, why doesnt soemone tell me why the Sabres had NO BACKUP PLAN to maintain a championship level team, theyre not that stupid to know they werent gonna lose 23 and 48.

Dude, I have *****ed about that too and am not happy about it.