PDA

View Full Version : So?? Who are the Sabres going to spend that $17 million on??

Ebenezer
07-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Have they spent it yet? Did I miss something? Mair must have gotten $5mil...Teppo $7mil....NO! they haven't spent beans. They haven't even locked up their own talent. A day late and a $$ short.

They better get some talent in here pronto. Unless there plan is to lock up Miller, Vanek and the next captain to long term big $$ deals NOW there isn't going to be anybody out there to spend $17million on....and lo and behold, the team will be able to pocket a whole lotta cash...

no new talent = no committment

every day that this continues this team continues to drift downward. Can Max get 60? Can Timmy get 40? Will Vanek get 70? I don't any of the three can happen. if they don't sign somebody the kids better really come through or the arena will be empty come February.

SabreEleven
07-03-2007, 01:21 PM
They did sign Mari :rolleyes:

patmoran2006
07-03-2007, 01:22 PM
I heard Bray May is in the mix too, LOL

Michael82
07-04-2007, 06:28 PM
:sigh: Another day where the Buffalo teams continue to make a ton of money from the fans and then don't spend any of it. :ill:

jamesiscool
07-04-2007, 08:06 PM
:sigh: Another day where the Buffalo teams continue to make a ton of money from the fans and then don't spend any of it. :ill:

i thought the sabres only made four million dollars last season in overall profit.

YardRat
07-04-2007, 08:16 PM
i thought the sabres only made four million dollars last season in overall profit.

Where did you see that?

Michael82
07-05-2007, 12:41 AM
I call bull****! With the amount of Sabres merchandise that I saw all over the ****ing place, plus all the brand new jerseys that were sold. I don't believe it one bit. Oh, plus factor in all the ticket sales, as every single game was soldout from the first game until the final playoff game.

Dr. Lecter
07-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Merchandise, unless sold at the Sabres store, is shared revenue Mikey.

Johnny Bugmenot
07-05-2007, 08:14 AM

But Quinn (as well as other recent Sabres ownership) does have a history of lying. Why would finances be any different?

Michael82
07-05-2007, 08:41 AM
That Sabres store was emptying out after every single game.

Night Train
07-05-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm not waving a broad brush, saying they should have signed everyone. This year, Drury was a given. Last year, it was Grier.

No excuse that either are gone. Drury was the dream leader and Grier was the banger in the corners and great checking forward every team needs.

When you get the rare opportunity to get these guys on your roster, you LOCK THEM UP long term. They are core guys who leave only when their skills have dimished to no return.

Can someone remind me why Quinn was brought back ? After the Nolan fiasco, I can't see anything positive about this guy. Bad Karma follows this guy like flys follow dung.

Nighthawk
07-05-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm not waving a broad brush, saying they should have signed everyone. This year, Drury was a given. Last year, it was Grier.

No excuse that either are gone. Drury was the dream leader and Grier was the banger in the corners and great checking forward every team needs.

When you get the rare opportunity to get these guys on your roster, you LOCK THEM UP long term. They are core guys who leave only when their skills have dimished to no return.

Can someone remind me why Quinn was brought back ? After the Nolan fiasco, I can't see anything positive about this guy. Bad Karma follows this guy like flys follow dung.

That's the number one question with this organization...why is Quinn running the organization? His true colors were bound to show and now the fans are left holding the bag.

HHURRICANE
07-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Golisano got you guys good. I kept asking my wife why there ever would be a waiting list for season tickets to the Sabres?

As a fan I'm pissed and really feel bad that this is the way things are going to go.

In addition we now have to deal with ugliest uniform in the league after thinking we would over look it because we wre going to win the cup.

I'm glad I'm a Bills fan first.

Johnny Bugmenot
07-05-2007, 08:25 PM

Patronage.

Golisano awarded Quinn for supposedly helping him land the franchise (even though he was pretty much the only contender after Hamister was forced out, except maybe Sherry Bassin) with a stake in the franchise and effectively awarding him his old job.

Kind of ironic for a guy that campaigned in 1994, 1998, and 2002 as a crusader against special interests and patronage.

ddaryl
07-06-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm glad I'm a Bills fan first.

I'm sorry that is just a sad thing to say. Especially after all the dumb moves the Bills have made over the last decade.

I oculd never pick either team over the other. I love them both equally and unconditionally.

Ebenezer
07-06-2007, 02:43 PM
well, I guess my question is moot...very little money left in the 'til...

Dozerdog
07-06-2007, 02:48 PM
:rofl: @ Mikey

If they were 12 million under the cap when it's all said and done - you have an argument

Otherwise, please get your head out of the gas oven.

SkateZilla
07-07-2007, 12:53 AM
Vanek is getting,

10 Mil, 8mil, 6.4, 6.4, 6.4, 6.4, 6.4

Ebenezer
07-07-2007, 01:03 AM
Vanek is getting,

10 Mil, 8mil, 6.4, 6.4, 6.4, 6.4, 6.4
yup, more than DB in the first two years...but if he keeps scoring and the NHL keeps escalating salary in years 3-7 he'll be cheap.