So?? Who are the Sabres going to spend that $17 million on??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

So?? Who are the Sabres going to spend that $17 million on??

Have they spent it yet? Did I miss something? Mair must have gotten $5mil...Teppo $7mil....NO! they haven't spent beans. They haven't even locked up their own talent. A day late and a $$ short.

They better get some talent in here pronto. Unless there plan is to lock up Miller, Vanek and the next captain to long term big $$ deals NOW there isn't going to be anybody out there to spend $17million on....and lo and behold, the team will be able to pocket a whole lotta cash...

no new talent = no committment

every day that this continues this team continues to drift downward. Can Max get 60? Can Timmy get 40? Will Vanek get 70? I don't any of the three can happen. if they don't sign somebody the kids better really come through or the arena will be empty come February.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: So?? Who are the Sabres going to spend that $17 million on??

They did sign Mari

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I heard Bray May is in the mix too, LOL

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Another day where the Buffalo teams continue to make a ton of money from the fans and then don't spend any of it.

Comment

• jamesiscool
          suck it fool.
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Mikey82
          Another day where the Buffalo teams continue to make a ton of money from the fans and then don't spend any of it.
          i thought the sabres only made four million dollars last season in overall profit.
          Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by jamesiscool
            i thought the sabres only made four million dollars last season in overall profit.
            Where did you see that?
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamesiscool
              I call bull****! With the amount of Sabres merchandise that I saw all over the ****ing place, plus all the brand new jerseys that were sold. I don't believe it one bit. Oh, plus factor in all the ticket sales, as every single game was soldout from the first game until the final playoff game.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Merchandise, unless sold at the Sabres store, is shared revenue Mikey.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                  Will not tolerate vandalism.
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  But Quinn (as well as other recent Sabres ownership) does have a history of lying. Why would finances be any different?

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    That Sabres store was emptying out after every single game.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

I'm not waving a broad brush, saying they should have signed everyone. This year, Drury was a given. Last year, it was Grier.

No excuse that either are gone. Drury was the dream leader and Grier was the banger in the corners and great checking forward every team needs.

When you get the rare opportunity to get these guys on your roster, you LOCK THEM UP long term. They are core guys who leave only when their skills have dimished to no return.

Can someone remind me why Quinn was brought back ? After the Nolan fiasco, I can't see anything positive about this guy. Bad Karma follows this guy like flys follow dung.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                        I'm not waving a broad brush, saying they should have signed everyone. This year, Drury was a given. Last year, it was Grier.

No excuse that either are gone. Drury was the dream leader and Grier was the banger in the corners and great checking forward every team needs.

When you get the rare opportunity to get these guys on your roster, you LOCK THEM UP long term. They are core guys who leave only when their skills have dimished to no return.

Can someone remind me why Quinn was brought back ? After the Nolan fiasco, I can't see anything positive about this guy. Bad Karma follows this guy like flys follow dung.
                        That's the number one question with this organization...why is Quinn running the organization? His true colors were bound to show and now the fans are left holding the bag.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Golisano got you guys good. I kept asking my wife why there ever would be a waiting list for season tickets to the Sabres?

As a fan I'm pissed and really feel bad that this is the way things are going to go.

In addition we now have to deal with ugliest uniform in the league after thinking we would over look it because we wre going to win the cup.

I'm glad I'm a Bills fan first.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                            Will not tolerate vandalism.
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Night Train
                            Patronage.

Golisano awarded Quinn for supposedly helping him land the franchise (even though he was pretty much the only contender after Hamister was forced out, except maybe Sherry Bassin) with a stake in the franchise and effectively awarding him his old job.

Kind of ironic for a guy that campaigned in 1994, 1998, and 2002 as a crusader against special interests and patronage.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              I'm glad I'm a Bills fan first.

I'm sorry that is just a sad thing to say. Especially after all the dumb moves the Bills have made over the last decade.

I oculd never pick either team over the other. I love them both equally and unconditionally.

Comment

Working...
                              X