X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

MUST EAT CROW!!!

Let me start by saying I just got up and HAVEN"T read anything on the board!

So I'm driving home from work this morning at 7:00 am and turned on GR55. They were discussing the article in the Buffalo news about Chris and how there was a deal on the table agreed to by both parties and never presented to him. After listening to the show, I now understand why Drury left town as fast and the way he did.

So if you can't figure it out I am posting this to OFFICALLY eat crow!!!

Eb is right that the front office should be fired for gross negligence. Failure to do this will send a very bad message to the rest of the players and fans! Tom Golisano need to hold a press conference to announce his new FO office and to tell the fans of this team how sorry he assures us that they are committed to winning!

To Nighthawk, Op, Philagape and the rest

I Will admit I was WRONG about the way the FO handle the Drury contract talks! Still don't care that Briere is gone, by will say, that some of you and you know who you are, need to learn how to argue your point without name calling! Especially when you were right!

Thank you!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: MUST EAT CROW!!!

Unless TG is the one who shot down the deal Darcy and/or Wuinn agreed to.

I still think this smells like a Quinn deal.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Beleive it or not, I actually talked to somebody today who thinks they did nothing wrong.

Somebody screwed up and we should know who.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
        Let me start by saying I just got up and HAVEN"T read anything on the board!

So I'm driving home from work this morning at 7:00 am and turned on GR55. They were discussing the article in the Buffalo news about Chris and how there was a deal on the table agreed to by both parties and never presented to him. After listening to the show, I now understand why Drury left town as fast and the way he did.

So if you can't figure it out I am posting this to OFFICALLY eat crow!!!

Eb is right that the front office should be fired for gross negligence. Failure to do this will send a very bad message to the rest of the players and fans! Tom Golisano need to hold a press conference to announce his new FO office and to tell the fans of this team how sorry he assures us that they are committed to winning!

To Nighthawk, Op, Philagape and the rest

I Will admit I was WRONG about the way the FO handle the Drury contract talks! Still don't care that Briere is gone, by will say, that some of you and you know who you are, need to learn how to argue your point without name calling! Especially when you were right!

Thank you!
        Props for being man enough to eat crow.

As far as Briere- I could do without him if we had kept Drury. When the season ended, I pretty much resigned myself to the fact that one of them was gone and my preference was to keep Drury. It wasn't until the past week or two that losing both seemed like a real possibility- losing both captains at the same time really hurts.

More importantly, if you heard the Drury story and I read it, we can be sure that the other players on the team know about it and other FA's around the league (current and future) know about it. This will certainly hurt recruiting efforts.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          Beleive it or not, I actually talked to somebody today who thinks they did nothing wrong.

Somebody screwed up and we should know who.
          You talked to Thurm?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

This has Quinn's fingerprints all over it.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
              This has Quinn's fingerprints all over it.
              It really smells like Quinn.

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla admin
                • Jul 2002

It takes a man to admit he's wrong. Well done~

Comment

• kgun12
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Props for being man enough to eat crow.

As far as Briere- I could do without him if we had kept Drury. When the season ended, I pretty much resigned myself to the fact that one of them was gone and my preference was to keep Drury. It wasn't until the past week or two that losing both seemed like a real possibility- losing both captains at the same time really hurts.

More importantly, if you heard the Drury story and I read it, we can be sure that the other players on the team know about it and other FA's around the league (current and future) know about it. This will certainly hurt recruiting efforts.
                  Hopefully they make this right with the players and I don't care if we hear about it, but I don't think they could keep it quite cause they owe the fans an apology also.
                  USAF VETERAN
                  DAV

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    It really smells like Quinn.
                    Like I said Doc, if TG really cares about the fans he has to fire the FO, that includes all of them. If he had a hand in this we will find out soon enough!
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

DR's interruption of LQ at the press conference yesterday may have been a little crack of light showing through...this may have come from higher up...again DR has not been fired. One way or another there is somebody higher up who is in favor of the way this turned out.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Great post. This whole thing bothers the hell out of me. they made the point known that Drury was their preference and i'm fine with that. But you should have approached him right after the season was over with that $6 mil a year offer. I have a delimi that Quinn is the guilty one and he should be fired!

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                          • Aug 2005

just add some milk!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

It's cool...I respect your opinions, even if they ended up being wrong. That is what this board is for...expressing one's own opinions. However, certain people can't understand that and must use the tactics of name calling. No matter who you are, if you have a different opinion than me, I will NEVER suggest that you are not "real" fan of the teams we love just because your opinion is not the one I believe in. Excellent post!

Comment

• kgun12
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hammerbillsfan
                              just add some milk!

USAF VETERAN
                              DAV

Comment

Working...
                              X