• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Guerin and Comrie

Sign these guys NOW!

Guerin still has skills left (I think 36 goals last year) and is the closest thing we'll see to matching Drury's leadership abilities. Comrie is a well-rounded player that would be great on a third line.

if the FO gets their heads out if their ass its still not too late to save a little face.

Sign them.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Guerin and Comrie

If they did, maybe a two year deal at the max for Guerin.

D & S Sports

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Ideally yes, but three if necessary.. They need a player like him right now.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

It wouldnt' replace the guys we lost but we'd be better with them than without them and at this point that's all we can hope for.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
          It wouldnt' replace the guys we lost but we'd be better with them than without them and at this point that's all we can hope for.
          Guerin and Comrie make this a team to be reckoned with.

Drury is NOT replacable, briere as much as I like him.. Is

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Here's an interesting tidbit on Comrie:

When Comrie's NHL career began with the Oilers during the 2000-2001 season, he was one of most beloved Oilers on the team, playing the role of the "local hero". However, after his lengthy holdout in the 2002-03 season and subsequent departure from the team, Comrie became one of the most hated Oilers in team history. Whenever he returns to Edmonton, Oilers fans soundly boo him whenever he touches the puck. Many fans, and even some offhand references in The Edmonton Sun tout Comrie as one of the most hated men in Oilers history, along with Peter Pocklington, and Chris Pronger. This is partly due to his alleged affair with teammate Tommy Salo's wife which led to friction between himself and the rest of the team and caused Comrie to make derogatory comments about the team and the city of Edmonton. During the 2002-03 season, amidst personal differences with Oilers general manager Kevin Lowe, Comrie was traded to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for Jeff Woywitka, a first round selection in 2004 (Rob Schremp), and a third round selection in 2005 (Dan Syvret).

Comrie played only 21 games for Philadelphia before being traded to the Phoenix Coyotes for Sean Burke, Branko Radivojevič, and the rights to Ben Eager.

"It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

I didnt know that.

I do know that he was a Sabres killer with Ottawa last year.. Forget numbers too, he was ALL over us.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                • Jul 2002

Comrie would be a nice fit.
                My Band
                daveviterna.com

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

The leadership thing kind of bothers me and here is why. I realize that replacing Drury's leadership is going to be difficult, extremely difficult. But I don't think it's fair to the players on the team now to have to bring some new guy in to provide leadership. The players they have now should be able to step up and fill in that missing leadership. It comes with experience. Or at the very least, they should be given the opportunity. Right now some of us are acting like the players we have now are nothing and will never be anything great.

D & S Sports

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                    The leadership thing kind of bothers me and here is why. I realize that replacing Drury's leadership is going to be difficult, extremely difficult. But I don't think it's fair to the players on the team now to have to bring some new guy in to provide leadership. The players they have now should be able to step up and fill in that missing leadership. It comes with experience. Or at the very least, they should be given the opportunity. Right now some of us are acting like the players we have now are nothing and will never be anything great.
                    OK.. forget the leadership. We can use his 36 goals.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                      um, in case you don't realize it, we lost two great players. At the same time. If you really think two guys from our roster can step up and equal that this year, you're really kidding themselves.

Vanek, Stafford, Afinogenov, Pomminville, even Mair show a lot of promise promise but right now none of them are even close to the level of the guys we lost. And even if they do step up to replace Drury and/or Briere, then we still have to find a way to back-fill the roles they were playing (which, admittedly, is easier, but still not a given).
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

I could live with Guerin if it is a two year deal for the right money, that way Darcy can stay his course with keeping his own UFAs.

I don't know what I think about Comrie. It is weird that he is always being traded. The guy has talent, but is he a cancer.

Right now I would love for them to forget about Teppo and look to someone like Brad Stuart. I would like a little toughness here. Maybe Darren McCarty also. Although I might just be thinking a few years ago with him.

If you are going to find someone with speed I might like them to look at Glen Metropolit.

I just don't see them doing anything now. I have the feeling they might look to acquire someone in a trade. They will give up something for someone instead of just paying for a player now.

Comment

• kgun12
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                          Here's an interesting tidbit on Comrie:

When Comrie's NHL career began with the Oilers during the 2000-2001 season, he was one of most beloved Oilers on the team, playing the role of the "local hero". However, after his lengthy holdout in the 2002-03 season and subsequent departure from the team, Comrie became one of the most hated Oilers in team history. Whenever he returns to Edmonton, Oilers fans soundly boo him whenever he touches the puck. Many fans, and even some offhand references in The Edmonton Sun tout Comrie as one of the most hated men in Oilers history, along with Peter Pocklington, and Chris Pronger. This is partly due to his alleged affair with teammate Tommy Salo's wife which led to friction between himself and the rest of the team and caused Comrie to make derogatory comments about the team and the city of Edmonton. During the 2002-03 season, amidst personal differences with Oilers general manager Kevin Lowe, Comrie was traded to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for Jeff Woywitka, a first round selection in 2004 (Rob Schremp), and a third round selection in 2005 (Dan Syvret).

Comrie played only 21 games for Philadelphia before being traded to the Phoenix Coyotes for Sean Burke, Branko Radivojevič, and the rights to Ben Eager.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Comrie
                          Sounds like Mike Peca!
                          Retired Air Traffic Controller
                          USAF VETERAN
                          DAV

Comment

• kgun12
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            As much as I have admitted to being wrong about not signing Drury, I still haven't change my mind on the fact that this is still a good team! The likes of these 2players or this class of player will help keep this team strong. Maybe not President Trophy strong, playoff strong, and as we know from there it is a crap shoot!
                            Retired Air Traffic Controller
                            USAF VETERAN
                            DAV

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                              I could live with Guerin if it is a two year deal for the right money, that way Darcy can stay his course with keeping his own UFAs.

I don't know what I think about Comrie. It is weird that he is always being traded. The guy has talent, but is he a cancer.

Right now I would love for them to forget about Teppo and look to someone like Brad Stuart. I would like a little toughness here. Maybe Darren McCarty also. Although I might just be thinking a few years ago with him.

If you are going to find someone with speed I might like them to look at Glen Metropolit.

I just don't see them doing anything now. I have the feeling they might look to acquire someone in a trade. They will give up something for someone instead of just paying for a player now.
                              I agree. I dont see them signing ANYONE of significance.. No Guerin, no Souray.. Nobody like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X