PDA

View Full Version : On the Schop show today

THATHURMANATOR
07-03-2007, 04:32 PM
It is being said that the time frame from the verbal offer to when Drury and his agent backed away from it was 2 weeks!! I was under the impression they sat on it for months!

chernobylwraiths
07-03-2007, 04:34 PM
It is being said that the time frame from the verbal offer to when Drury and his agent backed away from it was 2 weeks!! I was under the impression they sat on it for months!

Again, you didn't read the article then and just spewed crap. The article states a couple weeks.

THATHURMANATOR
07-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Again, you didn't read the article then and just spewed crap. The article states a couple weeks.
2 weeks is NOTHING!

THATHURMANATOR
07-03-2007, 04:36 PM
I can't stomach Gleason's articles.

Ebenezer
07-03-2007, 04:40 PM
IF somebody offers me a boat load of money (especially with the history of DR) I want my signature on a contract ASAP. There was two weeks. His price went up and the Sabres didn't want to up the ante. Anybody in that position would have done the same thing.

chernobylwraiths
07-03-2007, 04:53 PM
You don't offer someone a contract and then tell them to hang on two weeks so you can think about it.

Ebenezer
07-03-2007, 04:57 PM
You don't offer someone a contract and then tell them to hang on two weeks so you can think about it.
in this blue collar town?? anybody who defends the delay is lying. they would be so pissed at management if they were treated that way.

Bufftp
07-03-2007, 06:14 PM
in this blue collar town?? anybody who defends the delay is lying. they would be so pissed at management if they were treated that way.
Contracts worth 16 million + dollars usually take more than two weeks to complete. If the time frame was two weeks between initial discussion and Drury cancling the deal then placing the blame on the Sabres FO is disingenous. It seems that Drury had a change of heart and decided to wait on FA.

THATHURMANATOR
07-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Contracts worth 16 million + dollars usually take more than two weeks to complete. If the time frame was two weeks between initial discussion and Drury cancling the deal then placing the blame on the Sabres FO is disingenous. It seems that Drury had a change of heart and decided to wait on FA.
Exactly!!!! I have been involved with large deals at work that take way more than 2 weeks to even get into specifics.

chernobylwraiths
07-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Well, how the hell did Drury get 35 million and Briere get 52 million dollar contracts signed in the matter of hours.

They can sign a contract and iron out the specifics later.

Poor argument.

Nighthawk
07-03-2007, 08:54 PM

Umm, didn't Briere, Drury, Smyth, etc...contracts worth more than 16 million on Sunday? Seems to me like it doesn't take that long.

Michael82
07-04-2007, 06:46 PM
EXACTLY! Good post! :bf1: