PDA

View Full Version : I got hung up on by Mike Schoop

Ebenezer
07-03-2007, 04:56 PM
He said I was a hater and believes the Sabres as constructed right now will make the playoffs. I am not a hater because I think they will struggle to finish 8th. He insisted that teams lose major superstars and get better! He cut me off before I could ask him to name a team, other than the Sabres jettisoning Satan that that happened to. Does anybody know of one?

I am a fan that cares and feels kicked in the nuts and the Sabres have given me little to pursuade me that they can compete.

chernobylwraiths
07-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Schop hangs up on most people who differ with his opinion.

Ebenezer
now he is wondering if I took it personally?? of course not...he just didn't want to admit that the Sabres will be weaker...rofl...

he is agreeing with DR that "free agency is for losers"...rofl

and he says that I am an idiot for wanting Scott Gomes here...

patmoran2006
IN the organization's defense.

THey not only kicked Satan to the curb but let Zhitnik bolt as well via FA and got better.. They were two of our better payers.

But this is different.. Drury isnt replacable. Briere is..Not easy to do but still is.. Not Drury.. Forget numbers, he brought intangibles to this team you cant see ona stat sheet.

Ebenezer
07-03-2007, 05:07 PM
rofl...but he liked the call...and didn't know if "that person was even that wrong", hysterical.

Ebenezer
07-03-2007, 05:08 PM
IN the organization's defense.

THey not only kicked Satan to the curb but let Zhitnik bolt as well via FA and got better.. They were two of our better payers.

But this is different.. Drury isnt replacable. Briere is..Not easy to do but still is.. Not Drury.. Forget numbers, he brought intangibles to this team you cant see ona stat sheet.

I said Satan. I should have included Zhitnik...but show me a team that was within a breath of the finals and got better by getting rid of their two best players.

Now Schoop is agreeing with a caller that said they were better when the two were out and kept winning and that Hecht played better with them out of the line up....

patmoran2006
07-03-2007, 05:13 PM
I dont think Schop is suggesting that, and I've been listening to him all day until the past half hour.

Schop has been HEAVILY critical of Drury not being back... What he's doing is trying to present the Sabres side of the story. Which if fair, though the Sabres are still **** ups no matter how look at it.

Nighthawk
07-03-2007, 06:22 PM
The problem with WGR is that they are the home of the Sabres and basically work for them. They will not be too hard on the Sabres or they might get in trouble contractially. Don't take it personally...he's a bit of an idiot.

THATHURMANATOR
07-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Schoop is by far the brightest sports guy on the radio around here IMO and honestly I listened him for about an hour today and at that time at least was bashing the organization for not getting a deal done with Drury. Did he change from that stance later on in the show?

Nighthawk
07-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Schoop is by far the brightest sports guy on the radio around here IMO and honestly I listened him for about an hour today and at that time at least was bashing the organization for not getting a deal done with Drury. Did he change from that stance later on in the show?

He didn't completely change from the stance, but he did try to spin it that it was part Drury's fault. It felt like he was trying waaaaay too hard to take some heat of the Sabres. It kind of felt like somebody was in his ear telling him to do something to come down the backlash.

THATHURMANATOR
07-03-2007, 06:44 PM
He didn't completely change from the stance, but he did try to spin it that it was part Drury's fault. It felt like he was trying waaaaay too hard to take some heat of the Sabres. It kind of felt like somebody was in his ear telling him to do something to come down the backlash.
Do you blame the Sabres 100%.

Nighthawk
07-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Do you blame the Sabres 100%.

Honestly, yes. Their attitude and treatment of players in the past and this past year is good indication that they are too caught up in themselves. I don't fault Drury for leaving and I don't fault Danny for rejecting the stupid offer made to him.

THATHURMANATOR
07-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Honestly, yes. Their attitude and treatment of players in the past and this past year is good indication that they are too caught up in themselves. I don't fault Drury for leaving and I don't fault Danny for rejecting the stupid offer made to him.
See that is where we differ. I feel that both sides have blame.

Night Train
07-03-2007, 06:58 PM
He has to say that, Eb.

His credibility is ZERO if he backs down now from his year long babbling diatribe concerning the greatness of the Sabres and the Bills wishing they were the Sabres.

He hitched his wagon to Tom G., Quinn, Darcy and Co. That wagon is currently tumbling down a steep cliff with a majority of the fanbase.

BSU Drew
07-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Good for Schoop!! :bow:

chubluv
07-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Schoop is to smart for his own good some times.

YardRat
07-03-2007, 10:34 PM
GR sucks. Period.

clumping platelets
07-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Ottawa lost Chara and then made the Cup Finals

Crisis
07-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Drury is so overrated around here. I said it before he went to the Rangers too, so don't give me that I'm saying that because I'm a homer. I never wanted to overpay for him.

He's a 2nd line center, he is far from the best 2-way player in the league. He has never cracked 70 points in a season in his career, while being on stacked teams. He will never take over a game by himself. People talk about him being a great leader, but what has he lead? The only Stanley Cup he has ever won was under Sakic.

He is a good 2-way forward who can score timely goals, but he is NOT an elite player in the league. Hell, the guy was floating most of the playoffs, but because he scores a timely goal everyone thinks he's the second coming.

I love Drury too, don't get me wrong. But he is still overrated like crazy. I'd love to have him on the Sabres but him leaving is not going to push us out of the playoffs. We have a lot of young forwards still getting better and a great goaltender.

Ebenezer
07-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Ottawa lost Chara and then made the Cup Finals
you count Chara as good as Drury?? Chara may have been their WEAK-link...not there strongest. As a C Drury is a better DEF than Chara.

Crisis
07-03-2007, 10:42 PM
you count Chara as good as Drury?? Chara may have been their WEAK-link...not there strongest. As a C Drury is a better DEF than Chara.

I hope that's a joke.

Novacane
07-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Schoop and GR suck. The Sabres can do no wrong and the Bills can do no right according to them. It's so obvious they are puppets of the Sabres organization. I can't listen to them for more than 10 minutes.

BillyT92679
07-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Schoop and GR suck. The Sabres can do no wrong and the Bills can do no right according to them. It's so obvious they are puppets of the Sabres organization. I can't listen to them for more than 10 minutes.
Exactly! I've been saying this for a year and a half now. The Sabres are their gravy train. This is a small market, economically inadequate two sport town. If WGR has to be the Sabres shill, it kind of requires bashing the other major pro sports team in order to keep the funds flowing for the Sabres. The Bills being an NFL team can get away (at least as long as Ralph is kicking) with a popular Sabres team. The Sabres cannot really afford to be second fiddle in this town anymore. The Sabres caught lightning in a bottle, but this offseason is devastating. If somehow the Bills have a magical year, the Sabres could plummet back to 2002-2003 levels in terms of fan attendance and merchandising support, as everyone forks over money for Bills tickets and swag. Nighttrain's comment was dead on. Schoop and the Bulldog especially, but really all the GR guys (except, notably, for Howard and Jeremy) pleasured the Sabres for a year and a half. They can't really backtrack from that standpoint now.

SkateZilla
07-04-2007, 03:54 PM
we b00ted peca when he benched himself too..