PDA

View Full Version : Can we agree to wait and see what our roster looks like at the beginning of the Year?

THATHURMANATOR
07-03-2007, 06:37 PM
It has been mentioned there could be some good players still to hit the market after arbitration and Free agency is 2 days in.

kgun12
07-03-2007, 06:42 PM
I can agree to this. Even though i didn't like how they handled Chris, we still have a good nucellus. A couple of solid FA and we will be fine!

THATHURMANATOR
07-03-2007, 06:43 PM
I can agree to this. Even though i didn't like how they handled Chris, we still have a good nucellus. A couple of solid FA and we will be fine!
There is a 100% consensus that we wanted Drury back. He is gone.

Nighthawk
07-03-2007, 06:45 PM
I agree, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the FO is completely in disarray right now. Let's just hope they do something, because as this team stands today, they are not a playoff team.

THATHURMANATOR
07-03-2007, 06:45 PM
I agree, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the FO is completely in disarray right now. Let's just hope they do something, because as this team stands today, they are not a playoff team.
Stay on target sir.

Nighthawk
07-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Stay on target sir.

What are you talking about?

THATHURMANATOR
07-03-2007, 06:48 PM
What are you talking about?
You felt the need to bring up CD and the FO. This thread is not about that.

Nighthawk
07-03-2007, 06:50 PM
You felt the need to bring up CD and the FO. This thread is not about that.

Everything is about that, otherwise we wouldn't be talking about this.

THATHURMANATOR
07-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Everything is about that, otherwise we wouldn't be talking about this.
This thread is not. It is solely about what players we currently have. What players we may add and next season.

YardRat
07-03-2007, 07:40 PM
No. I'm pissed. If we don't win the Cup next year, I want someone's head on a platter.

chernobylwraiths
07-03-2007, 08:01 PM
It has been mentioned there could be some good players still to hit the market after arbitration and Free agency is 2 days in.

No.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-03-2007, 08:06 PM
I don't need to wait and see that the Sabres lost Chris Drury because of a stupid blunder. I am still a fan of the other players on this team. Chris Drury is gone and he is not coming back.

LABillsFan
07-03-2007, 08:31 PM

Before I make a decision, what is The FO's trend when it comes to signing players after arbitration and the players that become available?

patmoran2006
07-03-2007, 10:10 PM
The roster at the beginning of the year is going to look pretty much like it does right now.

We're not signing anybody of significance via FA-- so what do we have to wait for?

Ebenezer
07-03-2007, 10:38 PM
I've been using the term "as constructed, now" all along. I am more than willing to wait until Sept to make a final prediction of how this team will do next year....

Dr. Lecter
07-03-2007, 11:00 PM
The roster at the beginning of the year is going to look pretty much like it does right now.

We're not signing anybody of significance via FA-- so what do we have to wait for?

I hate to say this Pat, 'cause you will get pissy, but you said the same thing about the Bills after they signed Kelsay.

So before you "predict" the future, I'll wait and see if they do sign anybody.

jamze132
07-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Well Marcy already came out and said that he isn't looking to replace Dury and Briere with stars. And there will be no one to replace Drury and Briere on the roster when the season starts. I don't doubt the fact that we will go to the playoffs... if Connolly can play an entire season.

Meathead
07-04-2007, 10:22 AM
im pissed that they let three key free agents walk. you cant tell me that they couldnt have kept one of three quality guys. they admit they failed, youre damn right you failed. sometimes circumstance forces your hand like with clements and winfield but this isnt really one of them. they waited too long and botched it

still by losing those guys they are still left with a lot of good options. theyve got plenty of talent, money, and draft picks. darcy has made deals that improved the club before, he can do it again

they dont need superstars but they do need some good veteran skill at a couple positions. it would only take two good acquisitions to make them a serious contender again. as long as at least one of them is for a good defenseman ill be happy. reasonably

chernobylwraiths
07-04-2007, 10:51 AM
I'd be willing to be they don't sign more than one player that wasn't on their roster last year. And he will be a mid range guy.

Novacane
07-04-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm not concerned. They signed Adam Mair. This is his comming out year :lmao:

Nighthawk
07-04-2007, 04:48 PM
It starting to look like this joke of an organization is not going to address any of the problems that hurt this team last year...i.e. the defense and size. They keep Teppo for 2+ million...what the hell are they thinking? I just don't have any faith in this organization.

Michael82
07-04-2007, 07:11 PM
:rofl: Come on Thurm! Do you really think we will sign someone that will help this team? :rofl:

The roster you see now is pretty much it. There might be one mediocre FA, but it will be filled with the Rochester guys. :sigh:

Dr. Lecter
07-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Nobody knows that yet Mikey.

OpIv37
07-04-2007, 09:40 PM

no, absolutely not.

There is NO EXCUSE for the way the Briere and Drury situations were handled, and with them gone there is no reason not to be able to keep Zubrus.

Even if they pick up some quality guys before the season starts, it will be due to luck that those guys came available and not due to their own competence in any way, shape or form.

"wait and see" may be the most overused phrase on this message board, by people who are afraid to call something as it is.

The FO ****ed up, plain and simple- and it will affect what happens on the ice this season. And they should be held accountable for it.