PDA

View Full Version : You Go Miller!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Ryan Miller was one of many Sabres disappointed they failed to retain one of their co-captains. But the All-Star goalie took a defiant tone in looking ahead.

“A lot of people in Buffalo,” Miller said, “are going to be turned around and a little angry and don’t know how to feel and don’t know on which side of things they’re going to place their emotions.

“It’s a hard time for a lot of guys, but [Drury and Briere] better hope they didn’t teach us too much because they’re going to have to contend against us. Leadership is changing hands on our team, but the attitude still will be there. I’m going to make sure to the best of my abilities to keep them in our rear-view mirror.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabresnhl/story/111927.html

kgun12
07-03-2007, 10:08 PM
:bf1: Nicely said Captain!

patmoran2006
07-03-2007, 10:09 PM
he reminds me of Losman, but more accomplished.

chernobylwraiths
07-03-2007, 10:10 PM
already posted

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=129739

MTBillsFan
07-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Miller is the leader of the team...lock him up long term...hell give him a Depieatro type deal

PcA125
07-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Ryan is going to keep us in games. I just hope the guys like Stafford can step up and take over for Briere or Drury

Johnny Bugmenot
07-05-2007, 10:45 AM
He still has to step up his game. Last year he was little more than an average goalie statistically, and he has real trouble stopping a puck in traffic. Maybe a more defensive-minded approach can help (I fear it may make it worse by increasing deflections, but I could be wrong). Talk is cheap; he'll have to walk the walk in more than just breakaways and shootouts if he wants to be a truly elite goalie.

G Wolly
07-05-2007, 11:30 AM
He still has to step up his game. Last year he was little more than an average goalie statistically, and he has real trouble stopping a puck in traffic. Maybe a more defensive-minded approach can help (I fear it may make it worse by increasing deflections, but I could be wrong). Talk is cheap; he'll have to walk the walk in more than just breakaways and shootouts if he wants to be a truly elite goalie.

It was still only his second year playing as a starter.

OpIv37
07-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Ryan Miller was one of many Sabres disappointed they failed to retain one of their co-captains. But the All-Star goalie took a defiant tone in looking ahead.

“A lot of people in Buffalo,” Miller said, “are going to be turned around and a little angry and don’t know how to feel and don’t know on which side of things they’re going to place their emotions.

“It’s a hard time for a lot of guys, but [Drury and Briere] better hope they didn’t teach us too much because they’re going to have to contend against us. Leadership is changing hands on our team, but the attitude still will be there. I’m going to make sure to the best of my abilities to keep them in our rear-view mirror.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabresnhl/story/111927.html

so, the team lost their two best players and added no one and you think they're going to be good? There is absolutely no legitimate basis for that assertation.