PDA

View Full Version : golisano will move sabres

miket33
03-17-2003, 10:02 PM
hammister added to his agreement to buy the sabres that he would not move the team. did golisano do the same thing? is there anything in golisanos deal that he keep the sabres in buffalo? i think golisano will try and move the sabres in the next couple years or so. if not move them, just build the team up and sell them for a profit. well, thats just what ive been hearing . any opinions? oh yeah. i think t connoly will score 30+ goals next year. if the sabres can get a goalie, they will be a contender, (im always wrong though). well, thanks for reading this dribble.

The Spaz
03-17-2003, 10:04 PM
BS his company is in Rochester is he going to move his company too I don't think so! Go Sabres!

WereRat
03-17-2003, 10:10 PM
He's a local guy his whole point was to keep them in Buffalo. If there was any hint of him maybe moving them at all then the NHL would have nixed his bid till they had no choice but to sell them to someone.

miket33
03-17-2003, 10:23 PM
im not saying this will happen in the near future. its just that golisano is a rochester guy. he has no reason to have any loyalty to buffalo. theres nothing stopping him from selling or moving the team if he decides that would be a good business decision. i am relieved that for now we still have he sabres. its such a bummer that theres no playoff games to look forward to for us though. imm cheering for the sens now. id love to see ray get a cup. i think the sens got ray just for the april 5 game vs the leafs. that should be good.

Buffarama
03-18-2003, 08:18 AM
This is a pretty ridiculous post in light of all the recent news on this subject.
If you have been even remotely following whats going on with the purchase, you couldn't post this nonsense.

Rude American
03-18-2003, 09:41 AM
I heard he was moving the team to Winnipeg or Saskatoon.

The Spaz
03-18-2003, 10:10 AM
Yeah ok Bettman agreed to that part of the plan Rude...lol:) Go Sabres!

Buffarama
03-18-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Rude American

Maybe it's Maybelline....LOL!!!

qcsabresfan84
03-18-2003, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I heard he was gonna move the team to Cuba...not. Where do you come up with this crap?!

Buffarama
03-19-2003, 07:23 AM
Actually now if the Erie County Legislator will drop the surcharge it gets from every ticket ( I think it's .50 ), Golisano will insure the team stays here until 2021.
They are voting today maybe, I forget.

Ebenezer
03-19-2003, 07:31 AM
I believe, according to the news last night, this all is done.

Twistmyarm
03-19-2003, 07:57 AM
I heard he wants to move them to Cheektavegas and build a new arena there called the "Dom Polski skating place" or the DMSP arena.

it will be a big blue building with lots of gold trim and two giant flamingoes wrapping around "Da arch of da building dere bastards"!

Buffarama
03-19-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by keepdasabesinbuffalo
I heard he wants to move them to Cheektavegas and build a new arena there called the "Dom Polski skating place" or the DMSP arena.

it will be a big blue building with lots of gold trim and two giant flamingoes wrapping around "Da arch of da building dere bastards"!

I suppose they'll be a big Mustache at center ice too.....

Judge
03-19-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by miket33
hammister added to his agreement to buy the sabres that he would not move the team. did golisano do the same thing? is there anything in golisanos deal that he keep the sabres in buffalo? i think golisano will try and move the sabres in the next couple years or so. if not move them, just build the team up and sell them for a profit. well, thats just what ive been hearing . any opinions? oh yeah. i think t connoly will score 30+ goals next year. if the sabres can get a goalie, they will be a contender, (im always wrong though). well, thanks for reading this dribble.

EE- is this you posting under an alias, so you can take another baseless shot at Golisano?

:woot:

miket33
03-19-2003, 12:42 PM
this was just the topic of conversation at the bar the other night. i just wanted to throw the idea up here and get some more opinions. im glad everyone thinks its a rediculous idea. i think golisano is great for saving the sabres and i cant wait to see the sabres in the playoffs next year.

Ð
03-20-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Rude American

I heard St. Catherines