PDA

View Full Version : Other teams learning from Sabres Mis-Management

don137
07-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Looks like other teams are learning from the Sabres mis-management of waiting and sitting on there hands instead on getting a deal done for their big boys.
The Sharks just extended Thortons contract and now the Flames signed Iginla to an extension that goes into effect after next season. Looks like the Sabres are being the poster childs of what not to do and are other teams don't wanted to see the same fate as what happened to the Sabres happen to them.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Weren't those extensions set in play before Black Sunday? How are teams learning from the Sabres if they didn't know what happened until after the extensions were signed?

don137
07-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Weren't those extensions set in play before Black Sunday? How are teams learning from the Sabres if they didn't know what happened until after the extensions were signed?
I just looked up when Thornton's extension was announced and it was announced on Black Sunday and Iginla's was just announced yesrterday however it was apparent last week that the failure of Buffalo to lock them up cost them and had their management realize they need to act or they could receive the same fate

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-05-2007, 11:43 AM
I just looked up when Thornton's extension was announced and it was announced on Black Sunday and Iginla's was just announced yesrterday however it was apparent last week that the failure of Buffalo to lock them up cost them and had their management realize they need to act or they could receive the same fate

I don't care who learns from it as long as one of them is the Sabres organization.