• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLeonard
    BoB Sabermetrician
    • Jan 2003

Lindell's contract structured so Seattle won't match

The deal is for four years and worth more than $4.2 million, said agent Paul Sheehy.

The Seahawks had offered him a one-year, $609,000 contract. Lindell made $375,000 last year.

I don't see Seattle matching that... They won't want to take on a 4 year commitment to him...

This is what interested me... Hollis wanted $1.3 mil a season... According to this contract, Lindell's average is $1.05 mil

So, am I to assume that Hollis and the Bills were arguing over $250,000 a season?? Or, do the Bills feel that Lindell is just the better kicker?

-Bill
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

The Bills and Hollis were said to be around $200k-$300k off on their deal. So, those numbers make sense.

They probably offered Hollis the same money they offered Lindell. The ESPN.com article on the Lindell offer sheet said that the Bills were frustrated because they made several offers to Hollis before making this one to Lindell. It sounds like Hollis does not know his own value.

BTW, I don't think Seattle wants to make a 4 year commitment to Lindell either.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• BLeonard
      BoB Sabermetrician
      • Jan 2003

Well, maybe Hollis can kick in Seattle, where Holmgren will bring in 5-6 kickers everytime he misses a kick...

-Bill

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        Sab and TD are insignificant
        • Sep 2002

Holmgren the hasbeen
        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• AndyC34
          Kenny & The New Era Bills Fans
          • Mar 2003

Lindell can kick it consistently farther than Hollis on kickoffs! How many times did Hollis kick it around the 20 or out of bounds? I think Lindell is our guy.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Andy is right. Lindell is almost as accurate and has a much stronger leg. He can do kickoffs that Hollis can't. AND Lindell comes cheaper and is younger.

TD is the man.

Watch, I bet Hollis goes to San Diego to reunite with the rest of the ex-Bills.

Comment

• superbills
              • Mar 2003

Nah, Atlanta
              "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
              Ronald Reagan
              40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Hollis seem to shut down conttract talks immediatly after the initial offer. IMO, this is TD sending Hollis a big FU. Hollis probably screwed himelf.

I think that Lindell has the potential of becoming an exciting kicker. He's young and kicked in the wind/cold in college. I think that he is a bit of a gamble for such a lengthy contract, but really only time will tell and I completely trust TD.

Comment

• BLeonard
                  BoB Sabermetrician
                  • Jan 2003

Lindell's contract structured so Seattle won't match

ESPN's John Clayton reported the Lindell signed a four-year, $4.2 million contract, including a $1.2 million signing bonus and roster bonus money in addition to $600,000 of incentives.

For his career, he has converted 58 of 78 field goal attempts, including an impressive seven of 12 from 50 yards and beyond. Lindell has made all 96 of his extra point tries. His 107 points in 2002 represented a career high. He also has a very strong leg on kickoffs.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Those bonuses should dissuade Seattle, due to the fact that their contract offer had no guaranteed money, and he got nothing if he didn't make the roster.

-Bill

Comment

• Bert102176
                    • Aug 2002

Nah nah nah he he good bye Hollis thank god he is gone I did not like him.
                    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                      • Sep 2002

I'm not certain about Seattle's cap situation but why wouldn't they want to match this offer for a solid kicker. Makes sense to me. Free agency pushes teams to make this kind of action.

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Seattle doesn't want him for some reason they offered him a 1 year deal that isn't even guaranteed and if he gets cut then he gets nothing. The Bills made a good move on making an offer sheet to Lindell. Go Bills!

Comment

• Buffarama
                          Football-Sport of the Gods
                          • Jul 2002

I had asked about his kickoff strength in his leg earlier, and someone posted that he had no touchbacks, and Hollis had 3 or 4. So I am suprised and hopefull that he can kickoff deeper though it isn't adding up right now.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

I think Seattle will match.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

as long as we don't get a kicker from the CFL.....
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X