PDA

View Full Version : Jp is immature, cocky and selfish...

Risin
07-05-2007, 09:10 PM
http://artvoice.com/issues/v6n27/lucky_number_7

When you talk to JP Losman, you’re left with little question that he is a city dweller. The Buffalo Bills quarterback will gladly tell you about the many restaurants he loves up and down the Elmwood strip, the rock clubs like Mohawk Place and Nietzsche’s where he’s been getting a taste for the local music scene and about picking out skateboard decks at Sunday Skate Shop on Potomac.

He lives nearby them all and he wouldn’t change that for anything.

While virtually every one of his teammates has chosen to make residence in suburbs like Orchard Park and Clarence, Losman eschews the tract-mansion mentality for urban living downtown in the Queen City.

“I’ve lived in cities my whole life—from Los Angeles to New Orleans, and now Buffalo—and I feel safer in a city atmosphere,” he says. “I like being around people and everything a downtown area offers.”

While it’s become something of an obligation for professional athletes to lend their names and time to a charity or bang the drum behind their own cause celebre, Losman’s refreshingly grassroots project, Buffalo Lives, not only comes from his heart but also has a mission statement that Western New Yorkers can get behind: clean up and revitalize the community.

“I’ve been living in Buffalo for the last three years,” he says. “It’s a place that I call home. I want to do anything I can to help strengthen this community and with Buffalo Lives we hope to do that. We’re going to clean the city—and all of Western New York—one street, one neighborhood at a time.”

Click on link for full story.

chernobylwraiths
07-05-2007, 09:14 PM
I don't get the thread title. Unless you are being sarcastic with his scouting report.

Risin
07-05-2007, 09:17 PM
I don't get the thread title. Unless you are being sarcastic with his scouting report.

Yes.

SquishDaFish
07-05-2007, 09:20 PM
But why that title? I havent seen anyone say that about JP in a while.

Risin
07-05-2007, 09:21 PM
But why that title? I havent seen anyone say that about JP in a while.

... because he proved them asshats wrong.

Meathead
07-05-2007, 09:29 PM
:lolpoint: cher

ParanoidAndroid
07-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Definately sarcasm, cher.

I'm liking that dude more and more.

Goobylal
07-05-2007, 09:47 PM
I really hope he proves to be the QB we hope he is. Buffalo could sure use a guy like him.

PromoTheRobot
07-05-2007, 10:15 PM
I really hope he proves to be the QB we hope he is. Buffalo could sure use a guy like him.
Makes you think that JP Losman will have extra incentive to remain in Buffalo, and not run off for some big FA contract.

PTR

Scumbag College
07-05-2007, 10:17 PM
He's a young, rich, famous (at least locally) athlete, not married and without kids. Why would he want to live in the burbs?

It's nice that he's actually getting involved in the community, not just writing a check to whatever charity.

patmoran2006
07-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Makes you think that JP Losman will have extra incentive to remain in Buffalo, and not run off for some big FA contract.

PTR
When one team throws $42 million at you, and another is $55 million.. It will come down to money.

I like Losman, he's definitely a "BUFFALO GUY"-- but make no mistakes. In today's sports world, he's going to get PAID.

SABuffalo786
07-06-2007, 12:02 AM
J.P. is the man, reading this article has made me feel I made the right choice buying his jersey last weekend.

FlyingDutchman
07-06-2007, 01:06 AM
When one team throws $42 million at you, and another is $55 million.. It will come down to money.

I like Losman, he's definitely a "BUFFALO GUY"-- but make no mistakes. In today's sports world, he's going to get PAID.

Lets just hope hes loyal to the team that made a move and took a shot on him and has backed him up ever since.

LtFinFan66
07-06-2007, 02:07 AM
That's the kinds of things you like to hear instead of Pac Man type crap!!

:clap:

shelby
07-06-2007, 04:16 AM
:up:

TacklingDummy
07-06-2007, 06:02 AM

So far he's not worth $42 million and certainly not $55. And if he keeps playing the way he has been he will not get PAID.

Trent Edwards will be the starter.

I doubt Buffalo will resign Losman.

mybills
07-06-2007, 06:23 AM
Hey TackDum, you like my sig pic? :biggrin:

TacklingDummy
07-06-2007, 06:35 AM
Hey TackDum, you like my sig pic? :biggrin:

Nice. You like mine? :snicker:

Boy, JP is really worth $55 million after reading my sig. :rolleyes:

Yasgur's Farm
07-06-2007, 07:06 AM
You're right TD...JP's not worth $42M nor $55M... He'll get a deal from the Bills for $72M over 6 years.

TacklingDummy
07-06-2007, 07:11 AM
You're right TD...JP's not worth $42M nor $55M... He'll get a deal from the Bills for $72M over 6 years.

:lmao: pipe dream

You honestly think Losman is worth over $10 million a year?

Yasgur's Farm
07-06-2007, 07:15 AM
I imagine we'll both find out in short order.

mybills
07-06-2007, 08:45 AM
You honestly think Losman is worth over $10 million a year?
Well, he's certainly worth more than you give him credit for. :cynic:

Valerie
07-06-2007, 08:50 AM
He's a young, rich, famous (at least locally) athlete, not married and without kids. Why would he want to live in the burbs?

It's nice that he's actually getting involved in the community, not just writing a check to whatever charity.
I'm still single if he's looking for someone! :heart: :love:

ddaryl
07-06-2007, 08:57 AM
So far he's not worth $42 million and certainly not $55. And if he keeps playing the way he has been he will not get PAID.

I doubt Buffalo will resign Losman.

Losman will be resigned by the Bills and the 2007 season will leave no doubts.

I honestly don't know what your seeing, but the investment of time and money into Losman is what it will take with any QB being groomed by any team. JP's steady improvement has been easy to see, and I just don't see him regressing.

JP is one of the bright spots on the Bills.

blackonyx89
07-06-2007, 09:36 AM
How many big time NFL QB's live in the city they play? Not even Jim Kelly in his heyday can say that. He is a class guy all the way! Come on J.P. rip up the league this year!!! He keeps it real,no doubt!!!

http://artvoice.com/issues/v6n27/lucky_number_7

:up:

justasportsfan
07-06-2007, 09:37 AM
late to graduation

Mr. Miyagi
07-06-2007, 09:38 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=129878

blackonyx89
07-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Sorry about that. Still a cool article! I'm surprised people read Artvoice. LOL!

blackonyx89
07-06-2007, 09:51 AM
I posted this article too. He's a great guy and I hope he plays great!!!

Meathead
07-06-2007, 12:47 PM

Dr. Lecter
07-06-2007, 12:48 PM
:lolpoint: meathead.

I could explain the reasons why, but I would be writing the post until ~8 PM.

losman420
07-06-2007, 01:15 PM

I doubt Buffalo will resign Losman. Trent EDwards the starter?:lmao: I think JP played pretty well last year,considering it was his first full year,he was in a new offense, and not to mention the lack of talent around him. I believe in JP and I think he is the QB we have been searching for since kelly retired.

TacklingDummy
07-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Trent EDwards the starter?:lmao:

In the future Trent will be the starter.

I've never said Trent will be starter opening day, JP will be.

This is JPs year to start out. I won't be surprised come week 12 or 13 that Edwards will be getting a start or 2.

losman420
07-06-2007, 01:24 PM

This is JPs year to start out. I won't be surprised come week 12 or 13 that Edwards will be getting a start or 2. Hey I like Edwards , but he's a project, baring an injury the only way Trent would start a game would be if JP plays poorly enough to warrant a benching , and I just dont see that happening.

TacklingDummy
07-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Hey I like Edwards , but he's a project, baring an injury the only way Trent would start a game would be if JP plays poorly enough to warrant a benching , and I just dont see that happening.

The reason I say Edwards could get a start or 2 come week 12 or 13 is because of the Bills schedule. Realistically pessimistic the Bills could be 2-10/3-9 come week 13, if that is the case then why wouldn't they let Edwards get a start or 2?

People were crying for JP to start a few years ago when the Bills were out of it. Are those same people going to cry for Edwards to start if the Bills are out of it come week 12/13?

losman420
07-06-2007, 01:42 PM
The reason I say Edwards could get a start or 2 come week 12 or 13 is because of the Bills schedule. Realistically pessimistic the Bills could be 2-10/3-9 come week 13, if that is the case then why wouldn't they let Edwards get a start or 2? they wont be that bad, maybe 6-6 at that point. but Im thinking more on the lines of 7-5, with a little luck maybe 8-4. I think they are going to surprise some people this year.

Meathead
07-06-2007, 09:36 PM

:stick: lecter

Buckets
07-07-2007, 11:31 AM
... because he proved them asshats wrong.

I think this may have been for TD benifit.

chernobylwraiths
07-07-2007, 06:10 PM

:stick: lecter

:madmad:

ublinkwescore
07-07-2007, 08:45 PM
J.P. is the man, reading this article has made me feel I made the right choice buying his jersey last weekend.

Well, if that's the case, thanks for making me no longer the last one to purchase a Losman Jersey on here.

im4bflo
07-07-2007, 09:55 PM
My Losman jersey already has a hole in it!
I'll have to get an authentic next time, for it
to survive the tailgating abuse! :beer:

bills7834
07-09-2007, 10:39 AM

If he improves he will get paid you're right. But the Bills will not let him get to FA. Why wouldn't he want to ge paid what he is worth. I have liked him sonce the begining and hope that he continues to improve.

PromoTheRobot
07-10-2007, 03:35 PM
How much will it cost to make YOU go away? Do you go to kids Christmas parties just to pull the beard off Santa?

PTR

Earthquake Enyart
07-10-2007, 03:49 PM
JP is as much a Buffalo guy as Rob Johnson was.

Ed
07-10-2007, 06:56 PM

But RJ never embraced Buffalo the way JP is. He lived out of a hotel during the season and then went back to Cali during the off-season. I don't remember him ever getting involved in the community the way JP is either.

ibatiger
07-10-2007, 06:58 PM

This is JPs year to start out. I won't be surprised come week 12 or 13 that Edwards will be getting a start or 2.

The no. 3 QB never practices and won't be playing in any games unless there are injuries. Edwards will start the year at no. 3 and end the year at no. 3 barring injuries. He'll need to use this year to learn the playbook.

Goobylal
07-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Which is still more than Flutie or Bledsoe. But no so fast. None of them had a home in Buffalo, much less DOWNTOWN Buffalo. He's also starting organizations to help Buffalo and its residents.