X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wally The Barber
    • Jul 2007

Its also time to give Marv some credit!

There are always some fans that are impatient and it goes with the job as GM. Lets take a close look at what has been accomplished!

The Bills needed a better Offensive line. Marv moved fast in free agency.

The secondary was addressed in last years draft with 3 projected 1st round selections. Whitner, Simpson, Youboty.

The losses of Fletcher and McGahee where replaced with 2 of the most highly regarded players in the draft!

You may be unhappy with the selection of Trent Edwards in the 3rd round but I can assure you he will turn out to be one of the true steals of the entire 2007 draft. Some of you wanted a QB in the first round last season. If you reserch this guy you will find he never should have made the 3rd round!
    Consider youself lucky Marv does not liston to the fans.

Marv made the right selection in Dick Jauron and the fans now have stability in the coaching ranks. Do not under estimate its value in player development. The difference between good football players and Great football players is smaller then you think!

Key moves

#1 " The Best Running back in the NFL" was clearly not the best player in the locker room.
    Its always smart to learn your playbook while impressing a new coaching staff!

#2 London Fletcher wanted a long term deal but Poz is a better, tougher LB. Perhaps we will see more tackles in the backfield for a change! I will miss Fletcher, but Poz is an upgrade.

#3 Most of you wanted Nate Clemments waived after 2005. The 49'ers simply over paid as Bill Pollion did when he just had to have Jeff Burress. A players needs to be more consistant if he wants top NFL cash!
    If Buffalo had matched that deal I think many of you would have had a real problem with Marv Levy.

#4 The Darwin Walker situation. Marv simply was dumping salaries and can not lose no matter what happens. Give him credit for that.

#5 If I told you in March that Buffalo would get both Marshawn Lynch and Paul Posluszny on day one of the draft........you guys would have laughed me off the board!

-WALLY

P.S. This is my first thread on this board and I hope you do not think I am a big homer.
    Get me some time...
    Last edited by Wally The Barber; 07-06-2007, 08:01 AM.
    Beware of Sarcasm
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Its also time to give Marv some credit!

I think I would agree that Marv has done a good job. My thread was just stating that he made some mistakes that people tend to look past around here.

#4 you are completely wrong on. We traded for a player that we can't sign. Getting a 6th rounder for Spikes is insane.

The rest of your post I agree with.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

how do you figure Edwards was a steal? Everything I've read on the guy says he struggled at Stanford but that was because he didn't have much around him and he's got all the "intangibles", so he's basically a project. That's not really the description of a player who shouldn't have been there in the 3rd round.

And the Darwin Walker situation: No matter what happened, Marv botched this because the trade has a SELF IMPOSED deadline for signing a knowingly disgruntled player. There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for it. To compound the situation, Walker is the only addition to a horrid DL and if we don't get him signed, our DL is unchanged from last year. That's inexcusable.

As far as Jauron, he seems to have the team prepared but his in-game decision-making is less than stellar. Remember the play last year where he wasted two time outs on the same play by making an ill-advised challenge? The guy has 5 losing seasons out of 6 as HC and still has a lot to prove.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
        how do you figure Edwards was a steal? Everything I've read on the guy says he struggled at Stanford but that was because he didn't have much around him and he's got all the "intangibles", so he's basically a project. That's not really the description of a player who shouldn't have been there in the 3rd round.

And the Darwin Walker situation: No matter what happened, Marv botched this because the trade has a SELF IMPOSED deadline for signing a knowingly disgruntled player. There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for it. To compound the situation, Walker is the only addition to a horrid DL and if we don't get him signed, our DL is unchanged from last year. That's inexcusable.

As far as Jauron, he seems to have the team prepared but his in-game decision-making is less than stellar. Remember the play last year where he wasted two time outs on the same play by making an ill-advised challenge? The guy has 5 losing seasons out of 6 as HC and still has a lot to prove.

Funny you want us to criticize MArv and yet you can't give credit where credit is due. Double standards again
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Wally The Barber
          • Jul 2007

The Darwin Walker deal is not over yet...we will see.

Edwards played on an awful football team...Could have been a #1 !
          Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Wally The Barber
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            I think I would agree that Marv has done a good job. My thread was just stating that he made some mistakes that people tend to look past around here.

#4 you are completely wrong on. We traded for a player that we can't sign. Getting a 6th rounder for Spikes is insane.

The rest of your post I agree with.
            Is Darwin still a Buffalo Bill?

It ain't over to the fat lady.....you know!
            Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              Funny you want us to criticize MArv and yet you can't give credit where credit is due. Double standards again
              You couldn't be more wrong. I gave Marv credit for some of the things that he's done.

But Wally's trying to give Marv credit for things where criticism-not credit- is warranted. There is no justification for the way the Walker deal went down. Jauron-well I guess we have to wait and see- but at this point there are question marks about him so there is no reason why Marv deserves credit (or blame) yet.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                • Jul 2007

You couldn't be more wrong. I gave Marv credit for some of the things that he's done.

But Wally's trying to give Marv credit for things where criticism-not credit- is warranted. There is no justification for the way the Walker deal went down. Jauron-well I guess we have to wait and see- but at this point there are question marks about him so there is no reason why Marv deserves credit (or blame) yet.
                The Walker deal is a clear cut game of Poker...this value is higher then a 6th rounder.

Marv will not allow him to leave! Mark my words!

Dick Jauron has the teams support and that is huge!
                Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                  • Apr 2005

Well if YOU HEARD Edwards was struggling then you MUST be right, right? He must have sucked then. Give me a break. And you want to pick apart Juron for a single stupid move that you can remember. Guess what, there are 32 coaches last year that made a horrible move at some point in a game. Not sayng he did some amazing job but dont single him out like hes the only guy to make a mistake.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Marv deserves some credit for creating a plan and sticking with it (to this point)

Like the Sabres, we'll see how serious this team is about winning when it comes time to lock up a bunch of their younger stars.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                      • Apr 2005

But Wally's trying to give Marv credit for things where criticism-not credit- is warranted.
                      Maybe you missed the title of the thread and the understanding that people have opinions. We already had the criticism thread which im sure you busted a nut over.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        Like the Sabres, we'll see how serious this team is about winning when it comes time to lock up a bunch of their younger stars.
                        Dude, can you PLEASE get some new material?

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                          • Sep 2004

Welcome man, we need more people like you in this place!!!
                          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• HAMMER
                            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                            • Jul 2003

Welcome Wally, we need more positive people such as yourself.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

bwauhaha. Look whos talking ?You criticize where credit is due.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X