• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Our most indispensable player

To be truly indispensable, your team would essentially fall apart without you in the lineup. So who are the 10 most critical players in the NFL? Jeffri Chadiha identifies "The Indispensables."

I was just reading casually through this article, and I started to think of who our best or most important player was. I know there were some threads earlier on about who our key player is, but I was wondering who you thought our most indispensable player was.

I would have to say, at this point, that I cant say anyone other than our best player, Lee Evans. Can you imagine our offense without this guy?? It would be eons worse. Imagine a starting WR corps of Reed and Price, with Royal at TE. I mean...that would be awful, just awful. Say if we lost Losman, it would be much worse as well (IMO), but not as much as if we lost Lee. Losman would have a hard time moving the ball because the D wouldnt respect those craptastic WR's.

Who do you think our most indispensable player is?

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Our most indispensable player

I agree- Evans, without a doubt.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I would say Evans or Peters at this point.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

Jason Peters, LT doesnt come around very often, but i dont disagree about Lee Evans either
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
          • Aug 2005

Has to be Evans or Peters
          SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

To get a top LT in the fashion which we did is truely remarkable.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Without playing a down, it's Lynch. The Bills got good when Thurman ran well, it created offensive opportunities and the position itself forces defenses to take their eyes off the perverbial ball. The only years we we're really ever good involved having a good / versatile RB. Think about it before you complain.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Skooby
                Without playing a down, it's Lynch. The Bills got good when Thurman ran well, it created offensive opportunities and the position itself forces defenses to take their eyes off the perverbial ball. The only years we we're really ever good involved having a good / versatile RB. Think about it before you complain.
                But does he fit the model of most indispensable since we have Wright and A-Train also? Look at WR: behind Evans we have Reed and Price. Behind Losman we have anb extremely raw rookie and Craig "Who?" Nall. Behind Peters we have...idk, Butler or Pennington? Maybe Walker? I just think the fall off if we lost one of those players is more than if we lose Lynch, though I do see your point, we need a top notch RB, as it leads to success.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                  • Jul 2002

Tim Anderson
                  You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Skooby
                    I'd MUCH rather have Atrain and Dwayne Wright starting at RB than Reed and Price at WR.

Evans without a doubt.

On defense... possibly Crowell?

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

Often times the most indespensible player is the QB, since he is the focal point of the offence. Virtually every play goes through the QBs hands. In the case of the Bills, that may not be true. Losman is very important, but Nall may be a pretty good fill in and the offense may be productive if Losman were injured. I'll say Evans, though I'm not sure it's as clear as some believe. Lynch, though he's not played a down, is going to be hugely important this year. On the other side of the LOS, Crowell is going to be just as important for the defense. The Bills need his production on the field, but they also need his veteran leadership and football intelligence. Take away any one of these players and the Bills are going to win fewer games this season, maybe a lot fewer.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
                        I would say Evans or Peters at this point.

If JP continues his improvement this season then I would add him into the mix, but JP is still a lets see prospect. However I feel by the time the season gets rolling many will be viewing JP in better light.

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

Moorman.
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Lee Evans

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                              Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                              • Dec 2005

John Wendling

Comment

Working...
                              X