PDA

View Full Version : Our most indispensable player

Pinkerton Security
07-06-2007, 09:55 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeff&id=2926319&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1

I was just reading casually through this article, and I started to think of who our best or most important player was. I know there were some threads earlier on about who our key player is, but I was wondering who you thought our most indispensable player was.

I would have to say, at this point, that I cant say anyone other than our best player, Lee Evans. Can you imagine our offense without this guy?? It would be eons worse. Imagine a starting WR corps of Reed and Price, with Royal at TE. I mean...that would be awful, just awful. Say if we lost Losman, it would be much worse as well (IMO), but not as much as if we lost Lee. Losman would have a hard time moving the ball because the D wouldnt respect those craptastic WR's.

Who do you think our most indispensable player is?

OpIv37
07-06-2007, 10:01 AM
I agree- Evans, without a doubt.

The King
07-06-2007, 10:04 AM
I would say Evans or Peters at this point.

bigbub2352
07-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Jason Peters, LT doesnt come around very often, but i dont disagree about Lee Evans either

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Has to be Evans or Peters

The King
07-06-2007, 10:07 AM
To get a top LT in the fashion which we did is truely remarkable.

Mitchy moo
07-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Without playing a down, it's Lynch. The Bills got good when Thurman ran well, it created offensive opportunities and the position itself forces defenses to take their eyes off the perverbial ball. The only years we we're really ever good involved having a good / versatile RB. Think about it before you complain.

Pinkerton Security
07-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Without playing a down, it's Lynch. The Bills got good when Thurman ran well, it created offensive opportunities and the position itself forces defenses to take their eyes off the perverbial ball. The only years we we're really ever good involved having a good / versatile RB. Think about it before you complain.

But does he fit the model of most indispensable since we have Wright and A-Train also? Look at WR: behind Evans we have Reed and Price. Behind Losman we have anb extremely raw rookie and Craig "Who?" Nall. Behind Peters we have...idk, Butler or Pennington? Maybe Walker? I just think the fall off if we lost one of those players is more than if we lose Lynch, though I do see your point, we need a top notch RB, as it leads to success.

Gunzlingr
07-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Tim Anderson

Oaf
07-06-2007, 12:01 PM
I'd MUCH rather have Atrain and Dwayne Wright starting at RB than Reed and Price at WR.

Evans without a doubt.

On defense... possibly Crowell?

TigerJ
07-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Often times the most indespensible player is the QB, since he is the focal point of the offence. Virtually every play goes through the QBs hands. In the case of the Bills, that may not be true. Losman is very important, but Nall may be a pretty good fill in and the offense may be productive if Losman were injured. I'll say Evans, though I'm not sure it's as clear as some believe. Lynch, though he's not played a down, is going to be hugely important this year. On the other side of the LOS, Crowell is going to be just as important for the defense. The Bills need his production on the field, but they also need his veteran leadership and football intelligence. Take away any one of these players and the Bills are going to win fewer games this season, maybe a lot fewer.

ddaryl
07-06-2007, 01:00 PM
I would say Evans or Peters at this point.

If JP continues his improvement this season then I would add him into the mix, but JP is still a lets see prospect. However I feel by the time the season gets rolling many will be viewing JP in better light.

casdhf
07-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Moorman.

TacklingDummy
07-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Lee Evans

tat2dmike77
07-06-2007, 01:13 PM
John Wendling

Scumbag College
07-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Schobel, I think we can all agree that this is not a good DL, but without him it would be putrid.

BlackMetalNinja
07-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Evans... followed very closely by Brian Moorman. I've declared him team MVP two years running now.

ddaryl
07-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Moorman.

yes... one of the best

venis2k1
07-06-2007, 03:43 PM
the 12th man.

G. Host
07-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Make mine Moorman.
He gives the defense strategy a chance to work and gives Bills a chance to recover when Offense can not go anywhere.

Meathead
07-07-2007, 03:46 PM
this is easy

0 - career starts for nall
0 - career starts for edwards

losing evans would be big but the offense could adapt to that a lot easier than having a qb start for the first time ever

the rest of yall are answering whos the bills best player question. aint da same

Bill Brasky
07-07-2007, 05:43 PM
I would say

Peters
Losman
Evans
Whitner
Poz

in that order

Peters - great LT's don't come around that often, and the fact that he was undrafted as a TE makes it even more amazing how great he is at this point in his career
Losman - QB's are usually the cornerstones of your franchise. I think Losman is our future, and I see him as a close 2nd here with regards to Peters... you can't just cut your starting QB (taking into account that this thread is theortical) and expect to be good.
Evans - he's the most gifted athlete on this team, but I feel like great WR's are easier had than great LT's or QB's
Whitner - They invested a lot in him and he's shown a decent amount of promise. Wouldn't be bad if they continued to build the defense around him.
Poz - Again, they invested a lot here. They are building a young defense around these guys. It would be counterporductive to get rid of the very guys they're building around.

I would put Moorman on here also. Big deal that he's a punter... he is the only consistent player we've had the last few years

YardRat
07-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Nobody's indispensible. They can all be replaced, and eventually in some manner or other, they will be.

HHURRICANE
07-08-2007, 12:30 PM
How putrid has this team been when Moorman shows up more than once as "indispensable."

To me, "indespinsable" means that if this player goes down your season is essentially shot, over. Like it or not we can survive losing Peters or Moorman. Losing Evans or JP is alot more catastrophic.

SABURZFAN
07-08-2007, 01:13 PM
peters

to get a LT for the price we paid is what the doctor ordered.how many times have we sat in here and pissed and moaned about the OL?

BillsPride12
07-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Equally Evans and Peters

Saratoga Slim
07-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Tim Anderson

no, he's the most INDEFENSIBLE. as in it's indefensible that he's still on the roster.