PDA

View Full Version : Sabres still have a very, very, very good core of players

Dr. Lecter
07-06-2007, 03:12 PM
I know only a few think this is true and expect this team to be the Chicago Blackhawks for the next several seasons, but consider this:

Forwards
Vanek-Roy-Max
Pom-Hecht-Connolly
Kotalik-Goose-Stafford
Mair-Peters-Paille
Extra: MaCarthur
Defensemen
Campbell-Teppo
Tallinder-Lydman
Kalinin-Paestch
Extra- Spacek.
Goal
Miller
Thibault

ddaryl
07-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Yes we do have some great players in our system.....

However without the experienced grit leading the team winning the cup in the short term became a bigger challenge.

and if what we've seen over the past decade as soon as our youth gets to that level of experience and grit they ship off to greener pastures leaving us chasing our tails.

but here's hoping we finally buck the trend

Ebenezer
07-06-2007, 03:23 PM
I know only a few think this is true and expect this team to be the Chicago Blackhawks for the next several seasons, but consider this:

Forwards
Vanek-Roy-Max
Pom-Hecht-Connolly
Kotalik-Goose-Stafford
Mair-Peters-Paille
Defensemen
Campbell-Teppo
Tallinder-Lydman
Kalinin-Paestch
Extra- Spacek.
Goal
Miller
Thibault
As assembled they are betting that there are another CD and DB in that bunch...that is a tall bet. There is nobody on that roster that is going to get them to the semis. All we heard was how they would lose offense, become more defensive and get grittier and tougher....I don't think the last defensive, gritty part has been accomplished. Maybe that will change but not as of right now.

BlackMetalNinja
07-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Yes we have a good bunch of core players but WAH! WAH! WAH! sorry, I didn't hear the rest Lecter.

Philagape
07-06-2007, 03:33 PM
until their deals are up

LtBillsFan66
07-06-2007, 03:43 PM
THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

patmoran2006
07-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Piss on Briere.

But they will BADLY miss Drury. and you can tell by the way quinn talks about him he feels the same.

Night Train
07-06-2007, 05:20 PM
I don't think many are disputing the strong core but we were a final 4 team the last 2 years, looking to get a bit better.

Now we may have dropped back several spots. Good enough to make the conference playoffs but able to go deep into the post season again ? Call me skeptical.

SABURZFAN
07-06-2007, 06:02 PM

Forwards
Vanek-Roy-Max
Pom-Hecht-Connolly
Kotalik-Goose-Stafford
Mair-Peters-Paille
Defensemen
Campbell-Teppo
Tallinder-Lydman
Kalinin-Paestch
Extra- Spacek.
Goal
Miller
Thibault

i'll run with this team.the Amerks have some talent as well.we won't win the President's Trophy with this team but we have shot at the playoffs.

OpIv37
07-06-2007, 07:04 PM
THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

piss off, instigator.

you don't even like the Sabres- you're just trying to start ****.

MikeInRoch
07-06-2007, 07:09 PM
i'll run with this team.the Amerks have some talent as well.we won't win the President's Trophy with this team but we have shot at the playoffs.

A shot? I'd bet good money we are at least a 6 seed next year.

Nighthawk
07-06-2007, 07:16 PM
They do have some good players, but they don't have the right mix...as it stands right now. Not enough grit, heart, size or character. Plus, some more veterans would be ideal.

Typ0
07-06-2007, 07:55 PM

who says those guys can't win the presidents trophy? They already did it once.

kgun12
07-06-2007, 07:58 PM

Forwards
Vanek-Roy-Max
Pom-Hecht-Connolly
Kotalik-Goose-Stafford
Mair-Peters-Paille
Defensemen
Campbell-Teppo
Tallinder-Lydman
Kalinin-Paestch
Extra- Spacek.
Goal
Miller
Thibault

I have been saying this ever since the NASS HISTARIA started Sunday night!

Would I have liked Drury to still be the Captain ofthis team HELL YES!!! But he isn't, get over it move on there is NOTHING we can do about it and THERE OBVIOULY NOT GOING TO FIRE ANYONE IN THE FRONT OFFICE

Oh BTW...

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!! :oldskool:

SABURZFAN
07-06-2007, 07:58 PM
A shot? I'd bet good money we are at least a 6 seed next year.

which is why i'm not too worried about losing briere,drury,and zubrus.

Ebenezer
07-06-2007, 08:18 PM
NASS HISTARIA

I think I saw here in an Indian movie one time....:laughing:

:calm:

Would I have liked Drury to still be the Captain ofthis team HELL YES!!! But he isn't, get over it move on there is NOTHING we can do about it and THERE OBVIOULY NOT GOING TO FIRE ANYONE IN THE FRONT OFFICE

I think this is the point right now. The fans just have to accept that this is over and done and now worry how this team is going to keep Miller on top of this and be able to keep any other talent they assemble together. In my mind the game tipped today. UFA are now even more expensive before and RFA could get plucked at any time. We are all in angst over one offseason. Without locking up players long term (which may not be possible because the player may now not negotiate with the team - any team Sabres or not) there is no guarentee this team is going to be long term competitive unless they piss money out the window.

YardRat
07-06-2007, 08:35 PM
The two-year plan just got extended out to five. At least.

kgun12
07-06-2007, 08:42 PM
I think I saw here in an Indian movie one time....:laughing:

:calm:

I think this is the point right now. The fans just have to accept that this is over and done and now worry how this team is going to keep Miller on top of this and be able to keep any other talent they assemble together. In my mind the game tipped today. UFA are now even more expensive before and RFA could get plucked at any time. We are all in angst over one offseason. Without locking up players long term (which may not be possible because the player may now not negotiate with the team - any team Sabres or not) there is no guarentee this team is going to be long term competitive unless they piss money out the window.

Thank yo! the "nasses" agree with you! :;

Ebenezer
07-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Thank yo! the "nasses" agree with you! :;
:snicker: