PDA

View Full Version : Bengals' Kitna gets bonus after all

Dozerdog
03-18-2003, 06:56 AM
NFL
Bengals' Kitna gets bonus after all
EX-RAM PROEHL SIGNS WITH PANTHERS
ASSOCIATED PRESS

Cincinnati quarterback Jon Kitna, who thought he came up six plays short of earning a $1.625 million bonus last season, will get the bonus after all.

The team decided to give Kitna the bonus after recalculating the number of plays he was in, The Cincinnati Enquirer reported Saturday.

"All along, my wife and I said if God wanted me to get the bonus, I would get it," Kitna said. "I was a little bit surprised and very thankful."

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan declined to comment.

Kitna needed to play in 80 percent of the team's offensive plays to increase his base salary for 2003 from $1 million to $2.625 million. He played in 842 of the team's 1,054 offensive plays, or 79.886 percent.

Kitna said Bengals vice president Katie Blackburn told him that the NFL gave the club the discretion to credit Kitna for two two-point conversions he participated in and that the Bengals were not going to increase the number of offensive plays.....

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/heraldleader/sports/5417716.htm

HotRod
03-18-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
NFL
Bengals' Kitna gets bonus after all
EX-RAM PROEHL SIGNS WITH PANTHERS
ASSOCIATED PRESS
[i]
"All along, my wife and I said if God wanted me to get the bonus, I would get it," Kitna said. "I was a little bit surprised and very thankful."[/url]

IMO, he should be thanking the Bengal's organization for the bonus... not God. He should just thank God for the talent to be able to play ball.