PDA

View Full Version : Feds: Dog fights held at Vick property since '02

Lexwhat
07-06-2007, 08:38 PM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/ATL/10247983

A property owned by Atlanta Falcons (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/ATL) quarterback Michael Vick (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235253) was used as the "main staging area for housing and training the pit bulls involved" in an alleged dogfighting operation, according to court documents.

The papers, filed by federal authorities, give details for the first time about what authorities contend was a long-running dogfighting venture. Vick is not named in the documents.

Federal agents searched the property for a second time, using a backhoe to dig in an area about 10 feet wide by 20 feet wide. They finished their work at about 4:30 p.m. and declined to answer reporters' questions as they left.
The documents filed July 2 in U.S. District Court in Richmond and obtained four days later by The Associated Press contain the address of the Vick property that has been at the center of the investigation.

According to the documents, dog fights have been sponsored by "Bad Newz Kennels" at the property since at least 2002. For the events, participants and dogs traveled from South Carolina, North Carolina, Maryland, New York, Texas and other states...

Lexwhat
07-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Also...

"
Before fights, the participating dogs of the same sex would be weighed and bathed, according to the filings. Opposing dogs would be washed to remove any poison or narcotic placed on the dog's coat that could affect the other dog's performance. Sometimes participants would not feed a dog before the fight to "make it more hungry for the other dog," the documents said.

Fights would end when one dog died or with the surrender of the losing dog, which was sometimes put to death by drowning, strangulation, hanging, gun shot, electrocution or some other method, according to the documents. The property has an aboveground swimming pool, and investigators were seen looking into the pool during the second search."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty distrubing. I find it hard to believe that Vick was not aware...I guess we will see the outcome in the next couple weeks/months.

Scumbag College
07-06-2007, 08:46 PM
He had to have been aware of what is going on, but I doubt anyone would be able to put him there or prove that he knew anything about them.

Ron Mexico is a scumbag.

Carlton Bailey
07-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Someone should drown, hang, strangle, shoot or electrocute that ****ing scumbag. Call me politically incorrect or whatever. But people like that don't even deserve to live. Michael Vick is a piece of trash.

Animal abuse, especially dogs, angers me.

Mr. Miyagi
07-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Send him to federal prison and let him be someone's ***** for a few years.

M
07-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Hopefully an indictment will be forthcoming ... with Vick's (and everybody else involved) names on it.

DynaPaul
07-07-2007, 11:28 AM
He has to be charged with something. Just owning the property implicates him. He'll probably get a lesser charge than the kennel managers but he is definitely guilty on some accounts.

mikemac2001
07-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Just trying to bring the black man down

Michael82
07-08-2007, 12:50 AM
Someone should drown, hang, strangle, shoot or electrocute that ****ing scumbag. Call me politically incorrect or whatever. But people like that don't even deserve to live. Michael Vick is a piece of trash.

Animal abuse, especially dogs, angers me.
Great post! I hope this piece of **** gets what is coming to him. Someone should throw him in a ring against one of the pissed off pitbulls. Let them take care of him. :mad:

the REAL Rudeman
07-08-2007, 01:37 AM
oh, lol. For a second there I thought the Fed raised the funds rate!