It's obvious Ruff is not happy with the FO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

It's obvious Ruff is not happy with the FO.

I found it interesting that he would not answer the question whether or not he would have come back if he knew this would be his team. It's obvious this team is going to struggle and Ruff hinted at that. I feel bad for Ruff, it seems he was fooled into believing the Sabres were going to re-sign Briere or Drury.

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: It's obvious Ruff is not happy with the FO.

I said the other day he is the one guy I do feel sorry for...either they insulated him and he knew what was going on all along or he has been used by them as well.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I don't think we'll struggle.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Pretty unfair all around on the organizations part...Ruff gets screwed with an under-market contract, the team gets screwed for not paying market value to it's two biggest stars, and the team gets screwed again by over-paying for a third year player.

I'd like to know what Regier signed for, and how it relates to the GM market.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

im going to have to stop reading this stuff im just getting madder and madder
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by lordofgun
            I don't think we'll struggle.
            I don't see us struggling but reaching a conference final for a 3rd straight year will be far more difficult with the recent activity.

When you're close, you don't wish to hear " we're still competitive " . You wish to see them make prudent decisions to close the gap and take another step forward towards achieving a spot in the Stanley Cup finals.

I can't help but think as long as Larry Quinn is here, that will never happen. The guy is in his 2nd term with the Sabres and has made train wreck decisions each time to disrupt the progress.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
              I don't see us struggling but reaching a conference final for a 3rd straight year will be far more difficult with the recent activity.

When you're close, you don't wish to hear " we're still competitive " . You wish to see them make prudent decisions to close the gap and take another step forward towards achieving a spot in the Stanley Cup finals.

I can't help but think as long as Larry Quinn is here, that will never happen. The guy is in his 2nd term with the Sabres and has made train wreck decisions each time to disrupt the progress.

Screw "competitive."
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• SkateZilla
                • Dec 2002

i smell another couple 35-35-xx Seasons.....
                Skate Zilla
                -----------------------
                Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SkateZilla
                  and struggling for 7th-9th in the conference...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SkateZilla
                    And if they think that is going to keep the excitement and fill that arena....they're nuts!

Comment

• LABillsFan
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                      How many teams do? Even with the same team intact. The last one I can think of and I'm not even sure (too lazy to look up) would be Detroit. Let's get real here it doesn't happen all too often unless you're leaps and bounds better than every other team in your conference, which the Sabres weren't last year and quite possible wouldn't be this year either even with CD and DB. The Sabres have been figured out by teams, they needed a change.
                      I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X