PDA

View Full Version : It's obvious Ruff is not happy with the FO.

Nighthawk
07-08-2007, 09:02 AM
I found it interesting that he would not answer the question whether or not he would have come back if he knew this would be his team. It's obvious this team is going to struggle and Ruff hinted at that. I feel bad for Ruff, it seems he was fooled into believing the Sabres were going to re-sign Briere or Drury.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabresnhl/story/115102.html

Ebenezer
07-08-2007, 09:09 AM
I said the other day he is the one guy I do feel sorry for...either they insulated him and he knew what was going on all along or he has been used by them as well.

lordofgun
07-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I don't think we'll struggle.

YardRat
07-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Pretty unfair all around on the organizations part...Ruff gets screwed with an under-market contract, the team gets screwed for not paying market value to it's two biggest stars, and the team gets screwed again by over-paying for a third year player.

I'd like to know what Regier signed for, and how it relates to the GM market.

Meathead
07-08-2007, 10:34 AM
im going to have to stop reading this stuff im just getting madder and madder

Night Train
07-08-2007, 10:54 AM
I don't think we'll struggle.

I don't see us struggling but reaching a conference final for a 3rd straight year will be far more difficult with the recent activity.

When you're close, you don't wish to hear " we're still competitive " . You wish to see them make prudent decisions to close the gap and take another step forward towards achieving a spot in the Stanley Cup finals.

I can't help but think as long as Larry Quinn is here, that will never happen. The guy is in his 2nd term with the Sabres and has made train wreck decisions each time to disrupt the progress.

Philagape
07-08-2007, 12:24 PM
I don't see us struggling but reaching a conference final for a 3rd straight year will be far more difficult with the recent activity.

When you're close, you don't wish to hear " we're still competitive " . You wish to see them make prudent decisions to close the gap and take another step forward towards achieving a spot in the Stanley Cup finals.

I can't help but think as long as Larry Quinn is here, that will never happen. The guy is in his 2nd term with the Sabres and has made train wreck decisions each time to disrupt the progress.

:10:

Screw "competitive."

SkateZilla
07-09-2007, 02:08 AM
i smell another couple 35-35-xx Seasons.....

Ebenezer
07-09-2007, 02:19 AM
and struggling for 7th-9th in the conference...

Michael82
07-09-2007, 10:35 AM
And if they think that is going to keep the excitement and fill that arena....they're nuts! :crazy:

LABillsFan
07-09-2007, 11:26 PM

How many teams do? Even with the same team intact. The last one I can think of and I'm not even sure (too lazy to look up) would be Detroit. Let's get real here it doesn't happen all too often unless you're leaps and bounds better than every other team in your conference, which the Sabres weren't last year and quite possible wouldn't be this year either even with CD and DB. The Sabres have been figured out by teams, they needed a change.