PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Supplemental Draft Prospect Profiles

patmoran2006
07-09-2007, 09:45 AM
I think if the Bills end up taking anyone in the Supplemental draft, it may be DT Brian Soi, who just filed a few days ago.

Here is a briefing on all 11 eligible players.
http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/supp_reports.htm

On Brian Soi:
DT Brian Soi, Utah State, #54
(6-2½, 320, 5.1 E) — Recorded 26 sacks over his final two high school seasons and was highly recruited. Signed with Brigham Young in 2003 but spent the year at Hargrave Military Academy to address his academics. Transferred to Utah State and redshirted in ’04 with continued academic concerns. Started 9-of-11 games in ’05, compiling 31 tackles, 7½ tackles for loss and 4½ sacks. Did not return in ’06 due to academics and was to be ineligible for the ’07 season. Blessed with natural size, strength and athletic ability and looks the part. Has been very durable. Can dig a hole in the ground to stop the run, hold two gaps and create pressure and penetration. Needs to play in a simple scheme and be turned loose to be effective.

Pinkerton Security
07-09-2007, 09:56 AM
CB-S Paul Oliver, Georgia, #8
(5-10 5/8, 195, 4.69) — Named Parade All-America first-team and USA Today All-USA second-team as a prep after compiling 125 tackles, 12 interceptions and four punt returns for touchdowns over his final two high school seasons. Redshirted in 2003. Appeared in all 12 games in ’04, notching nine tackles, one pass breakup and one interception. Started 2-of-13 games in ’05, in place of Indianapolis Colts’ 2006 second-round pick Tim Jennings and as a nickel defender against Florida, respectively, and finished with 28-5-3. Started all 13 games in ’06, posting 57-9-3, and helped limit Georgia Tech All-American and Detroit Lions 2007 second overall pick Calvin Johnson (http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/supp_reports.htm#) to two receptions for 13 yards. Was deemed academically ineligible for ’07. Billed as a cover-2 corner but lacks the instincts, toughness, and short-area burst desired in zone corners and the smarts desired in a safety. After he clocked in the low 4.6s on a rubber track with track shoes and a breeze at his back, scouts left his workout unimpressed, and it’s possible he will not be drafted at all. Could compete for a No. 4 or No. 5 CB job in a weak secondary.

Not exactly a glowing endorsement eh?

patmoran2006
07-09-2007, 10:09 AM
They wont take Oliver. .they'll roll with what they got at CB, especially after a bad workout he had.

they probably dont take anyone, but Soi to me makes the most sense if they do.

User Manuel
07-09-2007, 10:39 AM
I'd take a flyer on that.

I think if the Bills end up taking anyone in the Supplemental draft, it may be DT Brian Soi, who just filed a few days ago.

Here is a briefing on all 11 eligible players.
http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/supp_reports.htm

On Brian Soi:
DT Brian Soi, Utah State, #54
(6-2½, 320, 5.1 E) — Recorded 26 sacks over his final two high school seasons and was highly recruited. Signed with Brigham Young in 2003 but spent the year at Hargrave Military Academy to address his academics. Transferred to Utah State and redshirted in ’04 with continued academic concerns. Started 9-of-11 games in ’05, compiling 31 tackles, 7½ tackles for loss and 4½ sacks. Did not return in ’06 due to academics and was to be ineligible for the ’07 season. Blessed with natural size, strength and athletic ability and looks the part. Has been very durable. Can dig a hole in the ground to stop the run, hold two gaps and create pressure and penetration. Needs to play in a simple scheme and be turned loose to be effective.

TigerJ
07-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Out of the whole group, Soi is the only one in whom I'd have any interest, but that would probably be as a free agent. The more you learn the less attractive they seem. Yawn.

Bling
07-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Pass on Clifton Dickinson. I don't even remember him playing. :sorry: