• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Driving to the game this season?

It's going to cost a heck of a lot more to park now. Prices in the cash lots have gone up by $10 for single cars. Camper prices have doubled to $50 and limos and busses now cost $60.

Article and poll at BillsZone.com

Will this impact your game plans? Is this just another crazy money grab? Or is it neccessary to offset the costs of the the team and the maintenance of the lot and grounds?
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Driving to the game this season?

I'd pay the $25.00..if I were going.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Bulldog
      Top Dog
      • Jan 2003

I would guess that there will fewer people driving by themselves to go to the games, which could help with traffic congestion. Furthermore, if there are four people in each vehicle, that increase represents a whopping $2.50 per person. I guess I just don't think it's a big deal. And there are plenty of alternative parking options available around the stadium. We always go to the games with four or five of us in the car, so to me, this isn't an issue.
      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Factoring in how much cheaper the tickets are compared to the rest of the league its still not bad...In Charlotte the stadium is downtown so there are no parking lots just for the stadium. Close to the stadium is about $30 and if you walk about a third of a mile it's $20. Nothing beats the Bills parking lots. Thousands of fans all together...Doesn't get much better than that.

Comment

• eyedog
          • Jul 2002

If you have been to other cities for games you realize that $ 20-25 to park is nothing comparatively speaking.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

It's Buffalo- what are you going to do? Take public transit?

Seriously, fans have little recourse other than to pay the fee. The best bets are to find someone with a big car and cram it with as many people as possible, or park at private lots nearby. One time, we parked at a lot about .75 miles from the stadium and only paid $5 (that was in '05).
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by eyedog
              If you have been to other cities for games you realize that $ 20-25 to park is nothing comparatively speaking.
              Exactly we are near the 2nd lowest price in the league now.

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                Exactly we are near the 2nd lowest price in the league now.
                Not any more. Read article in Buffalo Business Journal:

The cost of a parking a car will jump to $25 from $15, a 67 percent increase. The sports business newsletter Team Marketing Report said in 2006, the average parking cost at a National Football League game was $18.28, with the Chicago Bears charging the most -- $40 per vehicle.

Those were 2006 figures. I doubt all of the teams raised it that much. They raised it too much in my opinion and like the last raise it will get the locals to raise their amounts too.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

Eh, quit being cheap people. You have good jobs and make good money. Spend the money while you got it. Right Pat?

D & S Sports

Comment

• Stoneludlow
                    aka: STONEHENGE
                    • May 2005

Gotta pay for the new 3-ring security set-up somehow I guess, yet I only live about 1/2 mile away from the stadium so parking is no problem for me.
                    This has been a "View From the 'STONEHENGE'"

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                      • May 2003

My buddy lives right near the stadium, I park at his place.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                        It's going to cost a heck of a lot more to park now. Prices in the cash lots have gone up by $10 for single cars. Camper prices have doubled to $50 and limos and busses now cost $60.

Article and poll at BillsZone.com

Will this impact your game plans? Is this just another crazy money grab? Or is it neccessary to offset the costs of the the team and the maintenance of the lot and grounds?
                        I look at it this way...if we want to keep the Bills here, then we should be happy to pay the price. This revenue is not shared with other teams, so it is a good way for the Bills to make additional cash to stay competitive.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                          I look at it this way...if we want to keep the Bills here, then we should be happy to pay the price. This revenue is not shared with other teams, so it is a good way for the Bills to make additional cash to stay competitive.
                          I was *****ing about it in the earlier thread a month or so ago, but now I don't give a ****. The extra $10 will hurt...but if it keeps the team here, so be it! I'll probably park at the big yard behind someone's house for a few games, if it's still $10 or $15.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                            I was *****ing about it in the earlier thread a month or so ago, but now I don't give a ****. The extra $10 will hurt...but if it keeps the team here, so be it! I'll probably park at the big yard behind someone's house for a few games, if it's still $10 or $15.
                            there used to be a guy that did that on the other side of the lot behind the Pinto party. But that was like a decade ago so I'm not sure if it's still there.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                              • Mar 2005

I will ride with someone else

Comment

Working...
                              X