X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

What Underdog Player Do Yout Think is on the Roster in 07

We talk all day about who is a shure lock for the team, or who will start and who is our best option at each position, but what guy this year drafted, undrafted, signed in the offseason would u think brings the most to the table to help out this year either on the PS or the 53-man roster

My vote goes to Derek Schouman H-Back Boise State, i have read many articles and seen his highlights on youtube and i think this guy is gonna be a very good H-Back in this league and a steal from the 7th round, he brings a dimension to our offense we have not had in a long time, he is gonna be very effective in the redzone and blocking for us too, and is the reason in my opionion that there is no FB on the roster

Any thoughts?
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: What Underdog Player Do Yout Think is on the Roster in 07

Reggie Lewis or Thaddeus Washington

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Schouman may be good, but with Thomas, Lynch, Wright, and Shaud the H-back spot is pretty loaded. He'll have a tough time makign the team (although if he can replace Shaud I'm all for it- the guy's just too damn small to move the pile).
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

Cieslak will give him a run for his money, but I think you're right about Schouman.
        We may have been spoiled last year when all 9 of our draft picks made the roster.
        I don't think it will happen this year only because Ah-You will probably not beat out Hargrove for the #4 DE spot.

My underdog? I'll go with Riley Swanson at CB. Why? I dunno. Apparently, he's a good tackler and has speed. Wasn't he making inroads at minicamp?

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Cornellius.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
            Schouman may be good, but with Thomas, Lynch, Wright, and Shaud the H-back spot is pretty loaded. He'll have a tough time makign the team (although if he can replace Shaud I'm all for it- the guy's just too damn small to move the pile).
            Actually, i dont see anyone u mentioned playing the H-Back, Shaud is gone, and that gives the 3 rbs and proally Scobee, H-backs are like FB, and TE ( Chris Cooley and Jim Kleinsasser), i see Czeislak and Schouman fillin the roster there, and Royal, Nuefeld, and Everett as the TE, but i agree Shaud Fred Jackson need to go
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
              Actually, i dont see anyone u mentioned playing the H-Back, Shaud is gone, and that gives the 3 rbs and proally Scobee, H-backs are like FB, and TE ( Chris Cooley and Jim Kleinsasser), i see Czeislak and Schouman fillin the roster there, and Royal, Nuefeld, and Everett as the TE, but i agree Shaud Fred Jackson need to go
              Ah, I was thinking H-back like the traditional college halfback, not like the TE/FB position. In that chase, Schouman has a better chance. Cieslak has stepped it up but Kevin Everrett has not impressed thus far in his career, so there is opportunity there. And do we still have Shelton? He was awful so anyone who can play FB has a good chance at makig this roster.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                Ah, I was thinking H-back like the traditional college halfback, not like the TE/FB position. In that chase, Schouman has a better chance. Cieslak has stepped it up but Kevin Everrett has not impressed thus far in his career, so there is opportunity there. And do we still have Shelton? He was awful so anyone who can play FB has a good chance at makig this roster.
                With Fairchild's offense he does not require a FB, they had the H-Back style, Shelton is not on the roster and i agree with u he is/was awful last year, and probably contributed to McGahee sucking too, they want a guy they can put in the backfeild and he will provide protection for the runner or QB and still be able to get open in the flats if pass protection breaks down, or there is a hell fire blitz, he stays in and protects
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  Cornellius.
                  Dito on Cornellius.

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

George Wilson. He will show he can be a legitimate backup in this league, as both FS and WR. He will also help pick up the slack on ST with some of the personnel losses we had.

Keith Ellison isn't really an underdog anymore, but I believe that he will show that he can be more than a marginal starter that most have labeled him to be.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

For some reason i dont see Wilson making the Roster this year, 1 spot will got to John Wendling, and the other will be either midget or Stacey Thomas, or Trever Hooper
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• CJW
                        • Jul 2007

Roscoe Parrish

Comment

Working...
                        X