PDA

View Full Version : Prospects might be the answer to departed Co-Captains!

bigbub2352
07-10-2007, 08:52 AM
I think through all the doom and gllom we have all experienced it is now time to look ahead and the future is sunny and bright,

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/
SABRES ROOKIE CAMP NEWS AND NOTES
Monday @ 8:24 PM ET | Comments (123) (http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thread.php?thread_id=22968&forum_id=1)
Drew Stafford looks to be in mid season form.

He spent the better part of two hours cranking howitzers at Sabres prospect goalie, Nick Eno. Eno and free agent G Devine will need to apply ice bags to their chest and shoulders tonight!

Staff told me that he's taking off from Buffalo on Thursday. He's heading back to Minnesota. Staff told me that he bought a house on a beautiful golf course. He'll spend the rest of the dog days of Summer, playing 18 with his great friend, Zach Parise. Parise and his brother live right down the road from Staff.

I asked Drew if Zach and he have talked about playing in the pros togther. Drew smiles and nods his head.

Staff will return to Buffalo in late August to get himself ready for a rigorous training camp.

Slovakian Stud, Marek Zagrapan, has been living in Buffalo this Summer. The kid's size and strength have improved noticeably since last summer. He looks to have added muscle and it does not appear to have affected his speed and quickness.

The kid looks good.

Not everyone in camp is Sabres property.

Case in point, Buffalo Boy, Chris Mueller. Mueller was invited to the camp and he is making a name for himself with quick wheels and fast hands.

Mueller, and his Michigan State teammate, Tim Kennedy, are competing well. Mueller is a free agent.

Guys that have caught my eye:

Adam Dennis- plays nice angles and covers his crease well. Handles the point shot well.

Andrej Sekera- Has made great progress since last Summer. A year in The a has served Sekera well. Excellent skater.

Dylan Hunter- does the little things well. I can see this guy making the Sabres after one more season in The A.

Pat Kaleta- Very impressive. You can see that he's dedicated himself to the weight room. Bigger, stronger, and harder to move on his skates. I like what Kaleta brings to the table. Look for #36 to kick some ass in training camp.

Marc Mancari- 6'3 225, and he's a horse on his skates. Watch this guy in camp. He wants a job, and he'll do what it takes to earn the respect of his coaches and teammates. Soft hands and nice stretch pass ability.

Mike Card- AHis asset is his speed.

Mike Funk- Big Boy. See Mancari.

Andrew Orpik- Pehaps the biggest surprise in this camp. WOW! The guy is big, skilled and has great wheels. Did not attend this camp last Summer. The future will be very bright for this guy.

Marc Andre Gragnani- Talented guy with nice speed; will challenge for a job in Rochester.

Jhonas Enroth- has shown himself well in this camp. Quick glove and good vision.

Dennis Persson- soft hands, swift feet, nice shot. Looks like he fits right in. I want to see him imn 5 on 5 scrimmages in training camp.

TJ Brennan- Gifted young guy. Hard shot amd fast feet.

Benjamin Breault- Fast and fun to watch.

Nathan Gerbe- WOW ! This guy can flat out fly1 Has a great shot.

Drew Scheistel- Strong skater with nice size.

Tags: buffalo sabres rookie (http://www.hockeybuzz.com/search.php?tag=buffalo sabres rookie camp)

I think Zagrapan, Kaleta, Mancari, obvious Stafford, Hunter, Orpik etc. are the future of this wounded franchise and people need to be a little more optimistic, cause it has been a long time since our stable of prospects have been this solid,
any thoughts?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-10-2007, 09:16 AM
I think through all the doom and gllom we have all experienced it is now time to look ahead and the future is sunny and bright,

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/
SABRES ROOKIE CAMP NEWS AND NOTES
Monday @ 8:24 PM ET | Comments (123) (http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thread.php?thread_id=22968&forum_id=1)
Drew Stafford looks to be in mid season form.

He spent the better part of two hours cranking howitzers at Sabres prospect goalie, Nick Eno. Eno and free agent G Devine will need to apply ice bags to their chest and shoulders tonight!

Staff told me that he's taking off from Buffalo on Thursday. He's heading back to Minnesota. Staff told me that he bought a house on a beautiful golf course. He'll spend the rest of the dog days of Summer, playing 18 with his great friend, Zach Parise. Parise and his brother live right down the road from Staff.

I asked Drew if Zach and he have talked about playing in the pros togther. Drew smiles and nods his head.

Staff will return to Buffalo in late August to get himself ready for a rigorous training camp.

Slovakian Stud, Marek Zagrapan, has been living in Buffalo this Summer. The kid's size and strength have improved noticeably since last summer. He looks to have added muscle and it does not appear to have affected his speed and quickness.

The kid looks good.

Not everyone in camp is Sabres property.

Case in point, Buffalo Boy, Chris Mueller. Mueller was invited to the camp and he is making a name for himself with quick wheels and fast hands.

Mueller, and his Michigan State teammate, Tim Kennedy, are competing well. Mueller is a free agent.

Guys that have caught my eye:

Adam Dennis- plays nice angles and covers his crease well. Handles the point shot well.

Andrej Sekera- Has made great progress since last Summer. A year in The a has served Sekera well. Excellent skater.

Dylan Hunter- does the little things well. I can see this guy making the Sabres after one more season in The A.

If he's anything like his dad was with the Nordique we should be in for a show

Pat Kaleta- Very impressive. You can see that he's dedicated himself to the weight room. Bigger, stronger, and harder to move on his skates. I like what Kaleta brings to the table. Look for #36 to kick some ass in training camp.
Buffalo born kid, grew up watching the Sabres knows every Sabre player from past to present and what # they wore, lives in Angola, NY attended St. Francis H.S., nicest kid to meet off the ice on the ice he's a pain in the neck to play against. Go Kaleta!

Marc Mancari- 6'3 225, and he's a horse on his skates. Watch this guy in camp. He wants a job, and he'll do what it takes to earn the respect of his coaches and teammates. Soft hands and nice stretch pass ability.

Mike Card- AHis asset is his speed.

Mike Funk- Big Boy. See Mancari.

Andrew Orpik- Pehaps the biggest surprise in this camp. WOW! The guy is big, skilled and has great wheels. Did not attend this camp last Summer. The future will be very bright for this guy.
he's the younger brother of Brooks who plays defence for the Pittsburgh Penguins. he's another kid that grew up as a Sabres fan in East Amhearst, NY

Marc Andre Gragnani- Talented guy with nice speed; will challenge for a job in Rochester.

Jhonas Enroth- has shown himself well in this camp. Quick glove and good vision.

Dennis Persson- soft hands, swift feet, nice shot. Looks like he fits right in. I want to see him imn 5 on 5 scrimmages in training camp.

TJ Brennan- Gifted young guy. Hard shot amd fast feet.

Benjamin Breault- Fast and fun to watch.

Nathan Gerbe- WOW ! This guy can flat out fly1 Has a great shot.

Drew Scheistel- Strong skater with nice size.

Tags: buffalo sabres rookie (http://www.hockeybuzz.com/search.php?tag=buffalo sabres rookie camp)

I think Zagrapan, Kaleta, Mancari, obvious Stafford, Hunter, Orpik etc. are the future of this wounded franchise and people need to be a little more optimistic, cause it has been a long time since our stable of prospects have been this solid,
any thoughts?