PDA

View Full Version : Rookie No More

Pinkerton Security
07-10-2007, 09:45 AM
http://www.heraldonline.com/news/sports/story/70461.html

Kindof interesting article. Ko seems kindof cocky:

Q: When USC told you to wait until the second semester to report, what did you do with your free time?
A: Lifted weights and ran at Rock Hill High School, and washed cars at a local dealership. I told myself this was the last time I was going to work for a while.

Thats not the only thing, but I did get a bad vibe from the article for some reason. I think it is just because the writer is ******ed. This was shown when he wrote that Ko is best friends with Donte Whitman. Idk who he is, but apparently we drafted him and and he starts for us at safety opposite of Ko.

I just hope Ko works hard and plays hard and doesnt get too cocky.

justasportsfan
07-10-2007, 09:49 AM
http://www.heraldonline.com/news/sports/story/70461.html

Kindof interesting article. Ko seems kindof cocky:

Q: When USC told you to wait until the second semester to report, what did you do with your free time?
A: Lifted weights and ran at Rock Hill High School, and washed cars at a local dealership. I told myself this was the last time I was going to work for a while.

Thats not the only thing, but I did get a bad vibe from the article for some reason. I think it is just because the writer is ******ed. This was shown when he wrote that Ko is best friends with Donte Whitman. Idk who he is, but apparently we drafted him and and he starts for us at safety opposite of Ko.

I just hope Ko works hard and plays hard and doesnt get too cocky.:huh: I don't blame him for not wanting to work a job especially washing cars in a car dealer. Don't know what's cocky about that. :idunno:

OpIv37
07-10-2007, 09:49 AM
I just hope it was the reporter's mistake and Ko didn't actually say "Donte Whitman".

Saratoga Slim
07-10-2007, 10:22 AM
I just hope it was the reporter's mistake and Ko didn't actually say "Donte Whitman".

probably misunderstood Ko, or poorly transcribed. either way, who's proofreading for that paper.

Yukota J'marr Simpson. That's a mouthful.

justasportsfan
07-10-2007, 10:35 AM
probably misunderstood Ko, or poorly transcribed. either way, who's proofreading for that paper.

Yukota J'marr Simpson. That's a mouthful.
Did you see the latest video on bb.com talking about depth at wr? I can barley understand a word from PArrish. I can understand Donald Duck better.

CJW
07-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Roscoe looks like he should still be in 8th grade, and he talks like he's in 2nd!

ParanoidAndroid
07-10-2007, 10:56 AM
I didn't get any feeling that he was being cocky. He seems a little self-centered, but that's status quo for pro athletes. Some of those dudes actually have body guards as if they are that important.

don137
07-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Rock Hill is just a few miles south of Charlotte just over the border in South Carolina...I don't blame the guy. Working outside in the Carolina sun in the summer in 90+ degree heat is a tough way to make a living.

Pinkerton Security
07-10-2007, 12:54 PM
:huh: I don't blame him for not wanting to work a job especially washing cars in a car dealer. Don't know what's cocky about that. :idunno:

I just felt like he felt entitled or something, seeing as how he hadnt even played a down of college football yet. I have worked some much harder jobs than washing cars. BFD.

Idk. I guess a certain amount of pride in your abilties is needed to succeed at the pro level. And for the record, I am a Ko Simpson fan and cannot wait to see him flourish with Whitman...i mean Whitner.

Oaf
07-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Did you see the latest video on bb.com talking about depth at wr? I can barley understand a word from PArrish. I can understand Donald Duck better.
Geez, was it really that bad?
I know I should really just care game about performance, and I usually do, but when players talk like an extra from a Snoop Dogg video, it's just kind of a turn off.
I also wish Lynch looked less of a gangbanger than he does, but oh well, he should be an excellent RB for us. If he went somewhere like the Fins instead, we probably would make fun of him every occasion we got.

justasportsfan
07-10-2007, 02:27 PM
I just felt like he felt entitled or something, seeing as how he hadnt even played a down of college football yet. I have worked some much harder jobs than washing cars. BFD.

Idk. I guess a certain amount of pride in your abilties is needed to succeed at the pro level. And for the record, I am a Ko Simpson fan and cannot wait to see him flourish with Whitman...i mean Whitner.I guess my interpretation was that instead of working a job, he'd rather set his sights on the NFL.

justasportsfan
07-10-2007, 02:28 PM
I know I should really just care game about performance, and I usually do, but when players talk like an extra from a Snoop Dogg video, it's just kind of a turn off.
I also wish Lynch looked less of a gangbanger than he does, but oh well, he should be an excellent RB for us. If he went somewhere like the Fins instead, we probably would make fun of him every occasion we got.
compared to the ones that spoke before him, iy was that bad.

Pinkerton Security
07-10-2007, 02:42 PM

Does that mean when you hear them speak very eloquently, it is a turn on?:scratch: