X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Anyone catch McCargo on Sirius?

I can't confirm this but notes were posted at bb.com...

Notes from the interview - McCargo said he was cleared with his broken 5th metatarsal on June 8th. he says he's 100 percent healthy and ready for camp. McCargo said he wants to be under the team mandated 310 pounds and he wants to lose about 10 pounds prior to camp. he isn't worried about it, said having the injury made keeping the weight off difficult. hasn't met Darwin walker and doesn't expect to anytime soon.
    Injury aside, I want to see this guy step it up right away. There were various reports last year that said his progress was noticeable in the last couple games before he broke his foot. He should have the playbook down by now so we better hear him making waves a week or two into camp.

Concerning his injury, I've said before a clean break of an improperly healed stress fracture from college could be the best thing for it. I'd be more worried if it was the first metatarsal since that handles most of the weight but the fifth is also pretty important for balance and weight also. They say that for these type of injuries, a return to full athletic competition is normal. Let's hope that's the case for McCargo.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Anyone catch McCargo on Sirius?

losing weight? Well we don't want him to be so fat he can't move, but it would be nice to have at least one DT over 3 bills (other than that living vat of Crisco we call Tim Anderson).

305 would be great.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

This guy HAS to step it up right away.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
        losing weight? Well we don't want him to be so fat he can't move, but it would be nice to have at least one DT over 3 bills (other than that living vat of Crisco we call Tim Anderson).

305 would be great.
        Well he said he needs to lose 10 lbs. to get under 310 so 305 is probably a pretty good guess as to what he wants to get down to.

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

good, I'm glad he'll be ready to be in for camp. Its about time the dude hit somebody.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Maybe the bills are very optimistic about his health,etc. which is probably why they don't care to bring Walker in with a new contract.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• M
              • Aug 2006

(other than that living vat of Crisco we call Tim Anderson).
              Harsh but
              Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• Scumbag College
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                This guy HAS to step it up right away.
                I strongly agree with that. I don't think McCargo playing well is make or break for this defense, but I'm pretty much resigned to having Speed Bump Anderson as the 4th DT, making the play of all the others that much more important.
                Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

305 would be great.
                  Personally I think McCargo is lying.

Comment

• Ed
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    Maybe the bills are very optimistic about his health,etc. which is probably why they don't care to bring Walker in with a new contract.
                    They were gonna play different positions though. I thought McCargo was rotating in with Williams at the NT position. It'd be nice to still have Walker to rotate in with Tripplett at the 3 tech.

Even if McCargo is 100% healthy, anyone of those guys could still get injured. If we don't sign Walker we're still looking thin at DT regardless of McCargo's health.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed
                      They were gonna play different positions though. I thought McCargo was rotating in with Williams at the NT position. It'd be nice to still have Walker to rotate in with Tripplett at the 3 tech.

Even if McCargo is 100% healthy, anyone of those guys could still get injured. If we don't sign Walker we're still looking thin at DT regardless of McCargo's health.
                      Maybe TIm Anderson is rotating with Tripplett now
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ed
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        Maybe TIm Anderson is rotating with Tripplett now
                        I see Tim Anderson being more of a NT. Not that it even matters since no one here or anyone in the organization seems to even want Anderson on the team!

Maybe we'll just have McCargo rotate in at both spots.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

I cant wait to see him on the field. Between him and Youboty I feel like we have 2 extra rookies. We need to get solid preduction from both this year.

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by madness
                            They say that for these type of injuries, a return to full athletic competition is normal.
                            I've also heard McCargo say that the doctor's told him that there is over a 90% chance (something like that) that the injury will NOT happen again.

This injury will not plague him for his entire career. In fact, he's probably totally over it.

By all reports, McCargo will be 100% ready to go on week 1. Bills spokesmen (Dick Jauron, etc.) are just being cautious with the media when they say things like "we are optimistic about McCargo's return." I have no doubt that he'll be ready to roll. Hopefully he plays well.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by madness
                              There were various reports last year that said his progress was noticeable in the last couple games before he broke his foot.
                              It was.

I write down notes each home game from the stands and noticed him getting off his man quickly to make tackles and getting penetration into the backfield. Then came the injury.

Now he's switching from the 3 gap rotation with Tripplett to the 1 gap position. I'll give time for him to adjust before grading him out.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X