• Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Darius has been signed by Oak!

This is from Profootballtalk.com:

RAIDERS SIGN DARIUS
    The Oakland Raiders have announced the acquisition of free-agent safety Donovin Darius. A first round pick of the Jaguars in the 1998 draft, Darius was cut on June 14 by the team with which he spent nine seasons.
    "We are extremely excited about adding Donovin to the Raiders," Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said. "He will bring us immediate competition in our secondary. Donovin exemplifies hard work and dedication to the game. Working with Donovin at Jacksonville, I was able to see what a phenomenal competitor he is. He will fit great into our team philosophy."
    Darius visited the Raiders last month. He likely will play strong safety, allowing the team to move current strong safety Michael Huff to free safety, and current free safety Stuart Schweigert to the bench.

• mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: Darius has been signed by Oak!

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
      Working with Donovin at Jacksonville, I was able to see what a phenomenal competitor he is.
      When did Lane Kiffin ever work in Jacksonville? Didn't he come straight out of USC with no NFL experience?

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        When did Lane Kiffin ever work in Jacksonville? Didn't he come straight out of USC with no NFL experience?
        Kiffin, 30, was the defensive quality control coach for the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars in 2000 (he worked with the secondary).

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
          • Jul 2005

Oh well. Unless we did something crazy like move Whitner to CB, I think his only real value to us would have been as depth. but he wouldn't have been happy here on the bench, and I'd have been annoyed if we signed him and sent Ko to the pine.
          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

Good!!!!

D & S Sports

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

The Bills found out he couldn't help at the 1 gap DT position
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                Oh well. Unless we did something crazy like move Whitner to CB, I think his only real value to us would have been as depth. but he wouldn't have been happy here on the bench, and I'd have been annoyed if we signed him and sent Ko to the pine.
                I agree, I couldnt see a clear reason to go after him.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

This would have been a bad signing for the Bills, at least when we signed Lawyer he wasnt injury prone, Donovan would have been a great signing 3 yrs ago, but his age and mileage would have been a waste of money and it would have hurt the development of our young safties
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Elminster
                      #1 Kelsay Fan
                      • Oct 2006

It's obvious why he signed with the Raiders...at best, we probably told him he'd have to compete for a job....
                      Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

Working...
                      X