PDA

View Full Version : Real easy, real simple

X-Era
07-10-2007, 06:33 PM
We had holes at the RB, and LB spot most of all after the FA frenzy. I would say CB, but Youbouty was a 1st round prospect that we got in the 3rd.

Well we got both in Lynch and Puz. Lynch alone is one of the steals of the draft IMO, and has star potential. Puz is the guy that will remind us of Spielman. This was a draft day coup IMO.

Its simple and easy, we are a better team because we drafted these two guys.

Lynch is the next Marshall Faulk

Puz is the next Brooking at worst and Urlacher at best

I think the signing of a strong starting vet CB type in Webster is icing on the cake

We are a better team my friends!!!

justasportsfan
07-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Homer!

X-Era
07-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Homer!

Hey, I need to be upbeat! Some of us cant get over the X-files-esque conspiracy that the Bills are gonna be sold!

I honestly think we will love the looks of Lynch on our field.

jamesiscool
07-10-2007, 09:07 PM
i think that we will at best be a pleasent surprise around the nfl and maybe try and fight for a wild card spot at best. maybe com e from behind in a few big games and make some noise around the league as a team on the rise in the 2008 season.

but this season is not our season. too young, too inexperienced and too many holrs to fill to be taken seriously this year IMO.

yes im excited and am looking forward to see what we can do this season but im not expecting too much.

James

venis2k1
07-10-2007, 09:28 PM
anyone else worried about jp-era's crack addiction?

TacklingDummy
07-10-2007, 09:30 PM

Nope.

But I do like his new signature.

X-Era
07-10-2007, 10:22 PM

I have always been addicted to female crack....and no...thats not a smart "ass" crack.

DANMAN
07-10-2007, 10:57 PM
jp-era that is the Greatest signature ever!

You forgot about McCargo getting healthy and helping the DL.

Hope your right about Marshawn and Poz. I really like both of those picks.

Bling
07-10-2007, 11:00 PM

Good news is he's going to disappear in a couple of years when Ronnie Brown outruns Marshawn Lynch.

OpIv37
07-10-2007, 11:01 PM
um, in case you didn't notice, Lynch and Poz are rookies.

Now, don't get me wrong- I like the picks and I think they will be good additions to this team.

But only one rookie rusher had 1000 yards last year- it's hard for rookie RB's to carry the load in their first NFL seasons cuz of conditioning, etc.

When it comes to Poz, I think there will be an adjustment period. Even if he is a superior physical talent to Fletcher at this point, he's not going to have the leadership and instincts of Fletcher right away.

Webster is a good addition but he's no Nate Clements.

Our DL isn't any better than last year- maybe marginally better if McCargo shows up but he's a virtual rookie.

So, it's a HUGE stretch to say this is a better team because of Lynch and Poz. I think Lynch and Dockery make the offense better. The D, on paper, is worse. There is simply no way to argue that Webster and Poz make up for Clements, Spikes and Fletcher.

X-Era
07-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Good news is he's going to disappear in a couple of years when Ronnie Brown outruns Marshawn Lynch.

:lolabove:

X-Era
07-11-2007, 03:06 PM

Now, don't get me wrong- I like the picks and I think they will be good additions to this team.

But only one rookie rusher had 1000 yards last year- it's hard for rookie RB's to carry the load in their first NFL seasons cuz of conditioning, etc.

When it comes to Poz, I think there will be an adjustment period. Even if he is a superior physical talent to Fletcher at this point, he's not going to have the leadership and instincts of Fletcher right away.

Webster is a good addition but he's no Nate Clements.

Our DL isn't any better than last year- maybe marginally better if McCargo shows up but he's a virtual rookie.

So, it's a HUGE stretch to say this is a better team because of Lynch and Poz. I think Lynch and Dockery make the offense better. The D, on paper, is worse. There is simply no way to argue that Webster and Poz make up for Clements, Spikes and Fletcher.

You speak-ith in the tongue of the conservative view. I merely boast an opinion based on faith...with no fact.

The proof will reveal itself on the field.

Seriously, just an upbeat view Im spewing, thats it.

feldspar
07-11-2007, 03:29 PM
I think it's pretty clear that the Bills are much improved on offense; I can't see how anyone could possibly argue against that.

Also, we will be in the top 3 teams in the league on Special Teams again this year, so no worry there.

That's two-thirds of the game right there: offense and special teams.

That leaves the defense. You can argue the case either way there. I like to take the optimistic approach...we were starting 5 rookies on defense last year at one point; that's almost half the defense. These players will almost certainly be better this year by virtue of having had experience and the consistency of another year under the same system. As far as LB, Poz will be better than Fletcher, and Spikes has been a non-factor for the past two seasons. Losing Nate at CB hurts, but hopefull Webster steps up - we have Youboty as well, and I hoping that an improved Whitner and Simpson can compensate for this somehow. Also, the improved offense can help the defense out because the best defense is a good offense. The defensive line is also a little suspect. There are too many white guys on it. lol. Hopefull the line steps up this year - we need to see better production from Tripplett and McCargo in particular.

Wys Guy
07-12-2007, 09:02 AM
We had holes at the RB, and LB spot most of all after the FA frenzy. I would say CB, but Youbouty was a 1st round prospect that we got in the 3rd.

Well we got both in Lynch and Puz. Lynch alone is one of the steals of the draft IMO, and has star potential. Puz is the guy that will remind us of Spielman. This was a draft day coup IMO.

I think the signing of a strong starting vet CB type in Webster is icing on the cake

Reminds me of the anecdote where the coach fires up the team in the lockerroom, then they run out of the lockerroom and the door to the field is locked.

I'm gonna run out and buy a Powerball ticket!!!

:D

justasportsfan
07-12-2007, 11:10 AM

So what? you said a 3rd rd rb would be an instant upgrade over Willis. So 900 yards shouldn't be a problem for Lynch, right?

HHURRICANE
07-12-2007, 04:01 PM

Will we better? Yes.

Are we better right now? No.

As much as I hated McGahee, and like Lynch, to think any rookie is going to outplay a veteran on day one is unrealistic.

Poz playing better than Fletcher on day one is even a bigger stretch.

I like the moves but the payoff is down the road.

BillsFever21
07-13-2007, 12:22 AM
I'm thinking and hoping Lynch will be a good player but the next Marshall Faulk? One of the Top 5 RB's of all time? He averaged 1 TD a game in COLLEGE. For the next Marshall Faulk who averaged that in the NFL you would hope they would've been more of a TD machine in college when 85% of the players they are playing against will never play an NFL season.

Poz as the next Brian Urlacher?

I'm hoping for productivity out of them but to be predicting them as the next Top 5 players of all time at their positions is just another case of fans rating players higher then they are just because they are drafted from Buffalo.

Good players? Should be. Hopefully at least. The next Top 5 player to ever put on a uniform? LOL

McGahee was supposed to be the next Marshall Faulk when he was drafted.

X-Era
07-13-2007, 06:18 AM
I'm thinking and hoping Lynch will be a good player but the next Marshall Faulk? One of the Top 5 RB's of all time? He averaged 1 TD a game in COLLEGE. For the next Marshall Faulk who averaged that in the NFL you would hope they would've been more of a TD machine in college when 85% of the players they are playing against will never play an NFL season.

Poz as the next Brian Urlacher?

I'm hoping for productivity out of them but to be predicting them as the next Top 5 players of all time at their positions is just another case of fans rating players higher then they are just because they are drafted from Buffalo.

Good players? Should be. Hopefully at least. The next Top 5 player to ever put on a uniform? LOL

McGahee was supposed to be the next Marshall Faulk when he was drafted.

Actually Faulk was about as dominant as Lynch was when Faulk played for San Diego State. Lets not forget that Faulk was set free from Indy in favor of Edge. The comment I made is about running style. Lynch has the versatility of Faulk and a very similar running style. Faulk was a great runner and fun as hell to watch.

The comment was to draw favorable comparisons to each player, its a crap shoot if they will do it.

G. Host
07-13-2007, 04:03 PM

I did not know you could see the future!

So which police force does Marshawn Lynch join and why is Ronnie Brown fleeing arrest this time? My guess is Marshawn Lynch joins DEA and Ronnie Brown is selling the llatest form of crack.