• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Trent Edwards signs

Bills sign rookie QB Edwards
    ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) - The Buffalo Bills signed rookie quarterback Trent Edwards Tuesday night.
    Edwards, Buffalo's third-round pick (92nd overall) out of Stanford, is the second of the team's seven draft picks to sign. The Bills inked defensive end C.J. Ah You to a contract last month.

That's from an AP story; they didn't have the amount
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • jamesiscool
    suck it fool.
    • Feb 2007

Re: Trent Edwards signs

well this is good news. hopefully he didnt get paid starter money....
    Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

He got paid third round money. Count on it.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
        Bills sign rookie QB Edwards
        ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) - The Buffalo Bills signed rookie quarterback Trent Edwards Tuesday night.
        Edwards, Buffalo's third-round pick (92nd overall) out of Stanford, is the second of the team's seven draft picks to sign. The Bills inked defensive end C.J. Ah You to a contract last month.

That's from an AP story; they didn't have the amount
        This is awesome....I was worried that Holcomb will be a starter in Philly
        turns out hes gonna be cut...

Its a good signing.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

We've signed two guys who will never see the field this year. Woo-hoo.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• venis2k1
            Youboty can hope
            • Jul 2002

whoop whoop, glad to have him on the team.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Nice! Now work on the rest, Marv! I don't want any damn holdouts and we only have 16 days to go.

Comment

• CJW
                • Jul 2007

This kid is gonna be great, he has the size, arm, accuracy, poise that all great QB's need, with some experience down the road he will be a starter either here or somewhere else.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                  • Jul 2002

Good news

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

I really liked this pick and the signing, i am glad we have a bonefied prospect in the Qb ranks, anyone who questions this pick just look to Matt Schaub, plus if Losman goes down or if he falters as the starter we now have a very good back up plan, nothing but good will come out of this kid, good job Marv
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                      I really liked this pick and the signing, i am glad we have a bonefied prospect in the Qb ranks, anyone who questions this pick just look to Matt Schaub, plus if Losman goes down or if he falters as the starter we now have a very good back up plan, nothing but good will come out of this kid, good job Marv
                      I like the looks of the kid too. Still would have rather had Daymieon Hughes to add to our CB ranks, but I guess good QBs are harder to find than CBs.

It's really pretty common to lose your starting QB to injury, off the top of my head, Trent Green, McNabb, Culpepper, Palmer, Leftwich, Grossman, Chris Simms, Pennington, McNair, and probably a few others have had significant injuries within the past two seasons. So we're well advised to have a good backup, and I can't ***** too loudly about the Edwards pick.

My only question is whether we would have been better off with an experienced vet on the bench that can come in and hold the team together for a few weeks if JP gets hurt, or if we were right to go with a guy like Edwards, who has great potential but would probably play like most rookie QBs do (badly) if he has to take the reigns this season.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                        I like the looks of the kid too. Still would have rather had Daymieon Hughes to add to our CB ranks, but I guess good QBs are harder to find than CBs.

It's really pretty common to lose your starting QB to injury, off the top of my head, Trent Green, McNabb, Culpepper, Palmer, Leftwich, Grossman, Chris Simms, Pennington, McNair, and probably a few others have had significant injuries within the past two seasons. So we're well advised to have a good backup, and I can't ***** too loudly about the Edwards pick.

My only question is whether we would have been better off with an experienced vet on the bench that can come in and hold the team together for a few weeks if JP gets hurt, or if we were right to go with a guy like Edwards, who has great potential but would probably play like most rookie QBs do (badly) if he has to take the reigns this season.
                        I think we took our Damein Hughes last year with Ashton Youboty, i thought that we would have gotten one with our extra 7th rounder, i think they expect Nall to be the Vet presence since he learned under Favre all those years, but still i am happy we got Trent, everything i read on him said he was gonna be a late 1st early 2nd pick, and for us to get him in the late 3rd was great if anything he brings real good depth and some healthy competition to push young JP along, never can be comfortable in the NFL
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

anyone know the length?
                          I dont care about the money.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            anyone know the length?
                            Isn't it pretty standard for 3rd round picks to get 4 year deals? That would be my guess, but I don't know.

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              anyone know the length?
                              supposedly Clayton said 4 year deal on ESPN Insider.

Comment

Working...
                              X